Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi View Post
    I'm not even thinking cycling at this point.
    Me neither! Our best skiing is typically in March and April. I have my one and only race this year coming up in a couple of weeks - 50k Great Bear Chase. I'm really looking forward to it! I usually race a lot more, but this year I was rehabbing my broken ankle, so I gave it some extra time. Feels pretty good now! Even on my 84k a couple of weekends ago. I am looking forward to biking, but I have some serious skiing to do first - probably late April or so. Skiing is too awesome when the snow has had a chance to transform, as long as you can get out early enough in the day, before it starts softening up. Fast & effortless.

Awesome climbing, Roadie Gal! I'm pretty sure striding up that would kill me - my arms wimp out pretty quickly because I don't do it enough. For me, skating would have been easier, even if the snow was slow. Is that all one continuous climb? Happy anniversary!

It was pretty much continuous.

I'm trying to get better with my technique and not use my arms so much.

It's embarrassing when you step forward and slide back.

Eek! It was almost 50 today, after several days in the 40s. It's supposed to continue through the week, except instead of clear and sunny, it's supposed to cloud up and possibly rain a little later in the week. Clear = good, clouds = bad, even at 45 (clouds trap the warm air in, and it makes the snow mushier). Even at lows of 35 or so the last few days, the skiing has been fast and wonderful in the mornings.

My main concern is that the only race I'm doing this season is on Saturday. 50k. Rain Friday followed by clouds and 33 overnight (current forecast) could mean sucky snow, especially on the second lap.

Anybody else still skiing?

Me! I skied on Wed. It was warm and sunny but the mtns got snow last night.Will xc tomorrow and downhill on Wed and Thurs. Not sure about xc but plan to downhill until mid April when the ski areas close.

I'm done for the year... Windblown is closing tomorrow, although I suspect the conditions will be less than desireable. I had the chance to go there with a group, but I have a paper to write.
    I guess I will have to wait until next year to get used to my new skis!

I did a double dose of XC today. We got an unexpected 5 inches of new snow last night, so I couldn't resist. First I went out for 1 1/2 hours of easy rambling on my touring skis with the dogs. Then I went over to the cross country center and powered up and down hills at about a medium effort on my track skis for an hour.

Now I'm going out to eat!

I have been doing lots of skiing this year, both skate and classic. We have not had as much snow as usual but the local nordic center where DH and I go has had great conditions. We usually go out for 4-5 hours. It has been a blast. I am going to miss it when it is over. However we are planning on skiing well in to April and May in the backcountry. We primarly use waxable skis but for the sprin DH just got us waxless skis.. Wooo Hooo

For my b-day at the end of February we did a ski tour from Breck to Frisco which is about 10 miles. It was a nice tour and a beautiful bluebird day. If any of my fellow CO TEers are interested I can give you the Beta.

Ahhh, what a great day! Skied about 19K this morning, and then road biked 23 miles this afternoon. My coldest ride ever, I think, at about 28 degrees F, but sunny & wonderful! It's transition season - it was 50-60 for most of the week, so skiing after work was just to get out and tool around in the sunshine, but nice and solid today. The snow is going faster than usual this year, after skiing through April last season. It's been a weird season, light on snow and warmer than usual. I suppose now that I've said that, tomorrow we'll get one of our usual March snowstorms and get about 3 feet of wet, heavy stuff.

Bump

Anyone else dreaming about skiing?
    There was 18 inches of snow at Mt. Mansfield this past weekend, although it's a bit unusual, even for Vermont.
    I am hoping the crappy time I had with my new skis will settle itself out.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Oh heck yes! Our new skis just showed up today. I can't wait to get home and check them out!

Anyone wanna teach me? I'm hoping this gets added to the list of things I'm allowed to try.

Right after I posted yesterday on this thread, I got my first Facebook post of the year from the x country ski center I go to. They are getting ready for the season!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by jessmarimba View Post
    Anyone wanna teach me? I'm hoping this gets added to the list of things I'm allowed to try.
    I go quite a bit, both backcountry and at a local nordic center. What are you interested in?? Skate or Classic?

Eesh, I have no idea? I've only seen it on tv. Does one involve less upper-body twisting than the other?

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Anyone else dreaming about skiing?
    Always. Already bought my punch passes and have been thinking about skiing since, oh, about mid-July. We've had such a mild summer and fall...I hope we have a good winter (meaning LOTS of snow).

I want some new skate skis. Either that or I need to gain some weight. And since I really don't want to gain weight, then I think I need some new skis. But then the weight gain seems to be happening regardless...