Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Seatac park

Seatac park

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yesterday's race was at Seatac park. The morning was *really* cold, and my hands were frozen before I finished the practice lap. My husband/support crew set up my bike on the trainer and I fit in another 10 min. of riding before I had to line up.

The cat 4 group was huge (32 riders) and probably another 20 single speed and master's ladies lined up too. I was really crabby the previous day and not ready to race. Too late now- here I was, 15 sec from the start. I wasn't nervous though and decided to just go with the flow.

As soon as the whistle blew I pulled out all the stops. I shot up front and hit the singletrack before the rest of the pack jammed it up. After the first two runups I realized I was sitting in 3rd place. It was a good feeling-ever since I crashed a couple weeks ago I've been in a total funk.

This course had a ton of awesome singletrack and I almost felt like it was designed just for me. Somehow the #2 girl and I passed the leader, I think it was on the singletrack. Then I managed to pass the leader at the top of a run-up and never looked back. I flew through the last bit of trail and even jogged up the last hill. The last stretch was on pavement and I put the pedal to the metal to take 1st place. Talk about intense! No medals at this race- my prize was a 12-pack of beer. Doh.

Only one more race left in the season...bummer.

Depends on the kind of beer? What kind?

I'd rather have a 12 pack instead of a medal - Medals just collect dust! and, I hating dusting

spoke

It's Fat Tire something-or-other. I dislike beer but I'm sure my friends will enjoy it!

Wow! That is fantastic, Drtgrl! Congratulations.

Great job! Congrats on your 1st place finish!

Wow! Super racing. Congrats on your stellar finish.

Congrats! And Fat Tire is very tasty - can't get it here in the east... I agree with Spoke - much better than a medal .

Awesome job!

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Nice job. A friend and teammate of mine (you may have seen her racing a burnt orange and green bike with chili peppers on it in the 1/2/3 field) took me down there for pretty much the first time I'd ridden a bike off road..... just about gave me a heart attack! (I'm a road racer by background - never been on a mountain bike) Wallowing around down there in the sand did convince me I needed to put the fatter tires back on dinky.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N