So the rest of our family scattered for Thanksgiving, and the Family Pois decided to take a road trip - on motorcycles. We rode North to the Benbow Inn. http://www.benbowinn.com/hotel.htm This is a beautiful old inn - great kitchen as well, which is key!

Many of the roads we rode up I've ridden many times on the bike, which was fun. North of Stewarts Point, the route became less familiar - though we traveled a bit of the road I'd ridden between Hwy 128 and Ft. Bragg on the 600k I did last year.

While not as hard as riding a bike, obviously, riding a motorcycle for 5 hours or so on twisty turney roads was definitely physically challenging. And as the sun started to go low in the sky, it got cold! I was very happy to see our destination.

Here's the PP and me on my bike hanging out in the parking lot. (Of course, we weren't actually riding with no helmets, just walking around the hotel and in the parking lot).

On Thanksgiving, we took a ride to Shelter Cove, which was beautiful. The road that goes there is very steep, and climbs a couple of ridges. I can imagine it would be a very difficult ride on a bike.

Yesterday we came home. We rode my favorite road anywhere - Highway 128 from the coast to Cloverdale (I also love it as it continues east as well.) This road was part of my 600k last year and it was fun to see it again - in daylight!

Here is the family on bikes overlooking the ocean.

All in all a very different sort of trip. No bicycles, but lots of familiar bike terrain and some scouting for future bike trips!