Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    Only if you don't like chocolate. You like chocolate, right? Whew. thought I was going to have to report you.
    I bought a Godiva Milk Chocolate at Macy's (along with 5 Waterford Crystal ornaments) while Silver was getting her hair naturalized...I'm sure this qualifies me for membership

Quote Originally Posted by Flybye View Post
    He has just as much right to post the content of a private message as does he the right to post on any online forum, including this one.
    I agree on this. If someone doesn't want to "see it in writing", then they shouldn't "put it in writing"....

Rest assured, if someone sends me a highly offensive PM, I have no problem with the possibility of posting it out in the 'light of day'

...but then, as a married man on a women's forum, I make it a point of avoiding the use of PMs
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    she's new here, give her time
    Compared to who - you?

Chocolate's good. Especially the 86% stuff I keep stashed in my drawer at work. Wine not so good. Beer good. Champagne excellent. whee, I'm beginning to look forward to Christmas parties...
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    Trek..i think it's safe I've never been a beer etc person..I'm the designated thinker/driver...

C
    me too, CC - But i am BIG on chocolate

This thread has certainly taken on a life of its own. I think PM's can be quoted. Is there a LAW that says you can't??
    I think men should be able to post here. Now hanging here is another thing entirely, my DH acts like I'm asking him to wear makeup whenever I suggest he read a post on here.
    But men continue to ADD to this forum, in a small way; and i think that's the way it should be.
    Now this poor guy, all HE was doing was thanking us!!!!
    I have a feeling that he doesn't have a thin skin though, so we shouldn't be so worried about one
    person with issues spoiling his day..
    Last edited by mimitabby; 11-24-2007 at 03:48 PM.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    me too, CC - Now hanging here is another thing entirely, my DH acts like I'm asking him to wear makeup whenever I suggest he read a post on here.
    But men continue to ADD to this forum, in a small way; and i think that's the way it should be...

Interesting that your DH feels slightly uncomfortable or not in his zone. It's not the same with my partner. He views it as all good learning: ie. the more people turn to cycling, the better.

I should add that my partner belongs in cycling advocacy groups where there are some fairly active, experienced and outspoken female cyclists. These women also have done cross-country touring in CAnada/U.S. and randoneurring. Not just cycling advocacy talk.

Gosh, I don't drink alcohol either but I do consume a lot of chocolate to make up for my lack of drinking. Can I please stay? Please, please, please let me stay!

Bruce, enjoy the bike, stay safe and return to those who love you. I too wish to thank you for your service. God Speed, Bruce!
    Marcie

Bruce, thank you for your service to our country. I hope that you enjoy the bike and please do tell us about your riding! I especially like hearing about how many miles you have ridden. (that's a joke because I like to ride lots of miles and pretend like that's the most important thing in the world)

silver

well, yes, this is still a woman's forum. Where else would you hear mention of me getting my hair dyed. I'm very upset about it. the blonde is gone and I've gone back to natural mouse brown. It was required to cover up the lovely sick green that occurred after 3 years of abuse trying to be the blonde that I'm not, whilst triathlon training. she also had t cut about 4 more inches to get to healthy hair. (there that should scare away most men)

so, it's been very nice having mr. here. you ladies have really helped us through some issues where he didn't see my/the woman's point of view. And we have made some lovely friends.

Hmmm.....I don't drink. I will eat chocolate. I drool over bicycles. Is that good enough?
    "Being retired from Biking...isn't that kinda like being retired from recess?" Stephen Colbert asked of Lance Armstrong

Good enough for my sward. Silver did you dye your superciliums too?

I'd lief see less pother about men myself.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post

V.
    OK, V, you've been on www.freerice.com again.

Bruce, my LBS shop owner asks is there anything else you need?
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

V.
    no, but i'd never bleached them in the first place. they weren't too dark to start with.

I've yet to decypher the next comment, so feel free to translate for me.
    "Being retired from Biking...isn't that kinda like being retired from recess?" Stephen Colbert asked of Lance Armstrong

lief - gladly
    pother - commotion

I'm glad to see that any attempts at comstockery (just got this word!) have been put to rest.

It's a shame that natation has made you have to go back to fuscous hair Silver. But I bet Mr. still thinks you're fulgurant!

I kind of wonder about the actual usage of those last two. I bet fulgurant actually only applies to shiny objects, not people.

V.

TandemHearts.com

I bet Mr. still thinks you're fulgurant!

Yep, I cover my eyes each time her fulgarantly fuscous locks enter the room

I guess, she'll have to stop natating!

fuscous
    I'm going to use that next time I get my driver's license.

LOL!!!

But the natation experience has added so much to my quest for fitness.

If this doesn't scare Bruce away, nothing will!

Awww... lph you're no fun. We'd moved on to chocolate and champagne.

V.
    But I don't like beer or champagne!!!!

I liked the fact that 2 TE-ers had been so generous and the fact that Bruce is a guy was kind've incidental! Hope you are following this Bruce and realise that we liked hearing about such a fabulous story

Well... I'm off to steal everyone else's chocolate while they have their beer and champers...

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRaven View Post

Well... I'm off to steal everyone else's chocolate while they have their beer and champers...
    That could cause some people to get out their kris or poinard, since stealing chocolate is rather flagitous and would cause a bouleversment.

V.

TandemHearts.com