Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Diva Cup

To disable ads, please log-in.

FWIW, the Diva Cup never fit me as well or as comfortably as the Keeper did, either.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    FWIW, the Diva Cup never fit me as well or as comfortably as the Keeper did, either.
    I think I may order the US Mooncup today (which is the same size as the Keeper). I love the idea of menstrual cups and the Instead Softcups worked OK, I just don't want to be constantly having to dispose of them.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

The Mooncup I purchased was the U.S. version. It didn't really work out for me either. I experienced major cramping with it in even though I couldn't really feel it in. I tried all the various ways of placing it that I found online but the cramping persisted. And if I found a placement where the cramping went away, it leaked to the point that I may as well not be using it at all. Oh, well... Back to tampons for me.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

2007 Rodriguez Adventure/B72
    2009 Masi Soulville Mixte/B18
    1997 Trek 820 Step-thru Xtracycle/B17

Thumbs up Not to be repetitive, but I'm another convert!

I first heard about the Diva Cup on this forum when I was trying to figure out what female long-distance cyclists do for 'that time'. (I am interested in doing some long distances) I just bought one, and it got here just in time!
    I am so glad to have heard of it! No leaking (except when it didn't seat properly)
    no pain or even discomfort after it "settles in"
    It is a little uncomfortable to insert and remove, but no mess!
    I am so happy!
    My mom wants one now

I get a little leaking when my Diva cup gets full. Like overnight. I would have the same or worse with a tampon so I really dont complain.

I also saw a tip to use a little lube on the edges to make insertion a little easier. Diva makes one if I am not mistaken but I use my Emerita
    Last edited by arielmoon; 10-29-2010 at 08:16 AM.

I got a diva cup for when I ride because the string of the tampon always chaffed me. The diva cup worked fine for riding, no leaks or anything, but I could always feel it there. I was talking to my gyn at my last appt and she said that I could just leave my nuva ring (birth control) in for four weeks instead of three and I wouldn't have a period...so that is what I do now.
    Mary
    ~Strong and content, I travel the open road.~

http://www.the3day.org/goto/mary.aguirre

Sorry for bumping up an old post, but I just got my hands on a Divacup today (just in time, too!). Will let you all know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by rainleaf View Post
    Sorry for bumping up an old post, but I just got my hands on a Divacup today (just in time, too!). Will let you all know how it goes.
    Hey, mine just arrived today, too!
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

I have to revive this thread because it's by far one of the best in the history of TE. And I am annoyed with myself just now.

I am sitting here in a new town, I happened to bring my Diva Cup with me when I moved but, very unfortunately, tossed the MoonCup (UK) when moving and trying to reduce clutter/duplicates. I have barely had a period in three years (pregnancies that miscarried, actual pregnancy, breastfeeding for a year and a half now.....), just used the occasional panty liner, so I have not needed to use a cup.

I had completely forgotten that the Diva Cup was actually the one that did NOT fit me well (as evidenced by my past posts in this thread) and that the MoonCup was the one I should have kept. Arggg!!

Anyway. It's uncomfortable, but I'll deal with it for tonight. Any clues where MoonCups (aka MCUK) can be found in brick and mortar stores in the USA now? SF Bay Area, to be more specific? Does Whole Foods have them?

Long live the cups! And this TE thread that never will die.

Sigh, just stumbled upon my dusty diva cup yesterday and threw it out. Will never need it again, as the plumbing that was a little too free flowing to make using it practicable was removed. felt weird, doing that...

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by Grog View Post
    I have to revive this thread because it's by far one of the best in the history of TE. And I am annoyed with myself just now.

I am sitting here in a new town, I happened to bring my Diva Cup with me when I moved but, very unfortunately, tossed the MoonCup (UK) when moving and trying to reduce clutter/duplicates. I have barely had a period in three years (pregnancies that miscarried, actual pregnancy, breastfeeding for a year and a half now.....), just used the occasional panty liner, so I have not needed to use a cup.

I had completely forgotten that the Diva Cup was actually the one that did NOT fit me well (as evidenced by my past posts in this thread) and that the MoonCup was the one I should have kept. Arggg!!

Anyway. It's uncomfortable, but I'll deal with it for tonight. Any clues where MoonCups (aka MCUK) can be found in brick and mortar stores in the USA now? SF Bay Area, to be more specific? Does Whole Foods have them?

Long live the cups! And this TE thread that never will die.
    I only recall seeing Diva Cup at WF, which is where I bought mine (and maybe the instead softcups). Amazon has the US Moon Cup (which is not the same as the UK version....), but you can buy the UK version here: http://www.mooncup.co.uk/how-to-orde...p.html?tags=US