Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spin Shoes

To disable ads, please log-in.

Doc,

I do the one-legged drills, also! Love them! They are great for learning to pedal with the entire pedal stroke. They are not easy when you first start doing them. It takes some practice! I remember when I first started doing them - WOW! Talk about pedaling in squares! And I had no idea I was such an inefficient pedaler. Since then (years ago) I've really concentrated on my pedal stroke and there is a huge difference. I get careless about it by the end of the biking season, tho', and every winter, back on the trainer, I have to re-focus and concentrate on doing it correctly. The one-legged drills are a great help. One point to make - I do not recommend doing these, unclipped, in spin class. The spin bikes, with the weighted flywheel, and no place to put your unclipped foot to keep it out of the way, can be dangerous! On the indoor trainer, I rest my unclipped foot back on the trainer. Keeps it well out of the way of the spinning pedal. Can't do that on a spin bike. When I taught Spin, I'd attempt to lead the class in one-legged drills by having them relax one leg and concentrate on spinning with only the other one. It is not as effective, due also to the flywheel forcing the pedals to move in circles, but at least it got the idea across, of using the entire pedal stroke.
    Have fun on those trainers! We've got a fresh 8 inches of snow - I'll be out on my x-country skis. Yay! Outdoors!

annie
    Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." Captain Jean Luc Picard

Spin Shoes

Those Specialized Mary Janes are too cute. The website sez "casual days around town" so outdoors is o.k. too. I wear a pair of trail runners when cycling (and for spin) because it's the stiffest sole I have. I haven't evolved or graduated up to using clip-in pedals yet. I have to remind myself to pull up to get more power out of my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by annie
    Another shoe idea - Shimano sandals, the kind you can attach cleats to. They are comfortable AND cool. I don't know about all of you, but I SWEAT big time in spin classes. I leave soaked. At least with the sandals, I don't have stinky socks along with the stinky clothes. And my feet stay cooler. Then when the warm weather comes, they are great to wear on rides when you're going to be off the bike some of the time.

annie
    And here I thought I was alone in that camp - sandals are the absolute best! I do get quite the looks at the health club, though! And... I never quite realized just how stinky THEY can get!

~Angie

LOL, Angie!!

They do get quite stinky, don't they? I've sprayed mine with Febreze. That helps. I've also thrown them in with the laundry, cleats and all and hung them out to dry. That works even better. Once they're dry, just lightly lube the cleats.

anniiie
    Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." Captain Jean Luc Picard

Sport Shoes

Hello There!!!..

This is jorjee...I am looking for sport shoes,which make my feet comfort while running or cycling in affordable prize.I visit Bestylish.com store, get much stylish varities..but i am looking some thing different...

So,please reply if you guys have any relevant info...
    ----------------------------
    puma shoes | online shopping | bags | Loafers | crocs