Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thanks for the restaurant tips Yellow.

SadieKate, I'm not sure about Briones yet for this weekend. We don't usually plan our weekend until Saturday morning.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

The List

OK, here is my "lookout list:"

Kim and her driver
    Yellow and hubby
    Bill and Sarah
    NorthTahoe (you need to give us a description of you)

V and Thom - poaching?

Anyone else? HillSlug?

Anyone have parking recommendations? Is this a challenge in this small town?

I'll be doing Cinderella this year......But you will be seeing alot of neon yellow Team in Training jerseys there....The team from Sacramento, who I am a rider with, will be using Pardee as a training ride.....

It's a nice ride, with nice scenery and great rest stops....Hopefully the weather will hold out for all of us!!
    Ride your ride.

Be sure to say hello to the Benicia Bike Club guys, too! Yellow shirts, red trim, grey tire across the back! Those guys are my bike buddies!

See the rest of you at Cinderella

Party Pardee

I am snowed in and still training inside! The skiing is great, but I am doing the Party Pardee even if I have to ski down to the event with my bike on my back. I have a girlfriend that is going to come along and "poach" I guess you call it. I am just doing the 50 K as this is my first ride ever. I really want to thank you all for all the positive and supportive comments on this site. I am really learning a lot. I am riding a cheap purple Schwinn and a blue/black helmet. 5'8", blond hair in a pony tail I would guess for the event. Maybe I will see you all at the lunch afterwards (my name is Jean), as I am sure you will all be hitting the road before my 8am start. The weather forcast appears to be great for Saturday! FYI- Buscaglias in Jackson is a good Italian Restaurant if you want a nice place to carbo load the night before. They have a very good local wine list.

Counting from left to right, riders 1, 3 and 4 will be on the ride. #5 says she's going to try Slug Gulch with her sweetie.

Berryessa Ride

We'll keep an eye out for you!

Pictures please!

Quote Originally Posted by aka_kim
    I'm still on the fence about Pardee, since it is the same day as Cinderella this year.

The Lodi Century (which I otherwise hate but usually do) goes up around Lake Comanche and crosses Pardee dam -- it's a beautiful area. And my all-time favorite event, the Sierra Century, is up in the foothills near there too. Party Pardee sounds like it could be just as fun.

You've heard of the "ski bus"? We need a "bike bus" to take us to all the cool biking areas and eliminate the long drives.
    Ms. Kim-
    Can you tell me about the Lodi Century? It sounds like you have a love hate relationship with the ride and I was thinking about doing it this year....thanks.

Lodi

Well, others may differ (like Sadie Kate in another thread), but I think the only pretty portion of the ride is up around the reservoirs, where it's very pretty.

I've done the ride three times. The first time it was in the 90s and the volunteers were completely unprepared. Ran out of water and ice. Next two times it was very windy, which I guess is normal out there, with the last 50 miles or so with some kind of head or cross wind.

Despite my complaints, I may still end up doing the ride again this year if I need some miles before the Sierra Century. It gets 3 (out of 5) chain rings from me.

Well, maybe I just hit the one and only right day for a million years. You are right about the wind - all my Davis training must be making me a bit immune to it.

If Bubba ever gets his tickets purchased, I will be Bubba-less that weekend. What distance were you planning on? We could plan our own road ride someplace more scenic. The Davis Dble is that day - we could do portions of it and be in good company.

Thank you for the input. I am trying to get a couple friends into cycling and the first rides need to be shorter and lots of fun!

At the end of the ride last year I was thinking it might be a much nicer ride of about 75 miles if it cut out most of the windy portion after lunch and just headed back to Lodi (into the wind of course) by backtracking on the morning section. So this is what I was thinking I'd do this year, but I have no idea what the traffic on those roads is like in the afternoon.

Poaching some of the DD course sounds interesting too.

Do you have your map of the Lodi course from previous years or know where I can get one for this years ride? I was thinking about doing the 38 mile course as I will have a friend with me. If I am on my own, I think I will do the 100K. It sounds like the earlier you get started the better when it comes to wind?

I've got the map for only the 100 mile course. The 100k and 100mi follow the same route for the first 20 miles to Clements. I don't know where the shorter routes go after that, but they don't go to the reservoirs.

Thank you for checking on the maps. I am going to make a point of keeping the maps for future lending or reference.