Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Heck yeah (hi-five) !

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Yippee!
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

What a funny group!

As I'm reading everyone's posts, I am sooo cracking up! SpazzDog, that is so cool that you're flying in for this ride - kudos!!.

As for me, I'm thinking of doing the ride for the first time. I've read posts about it in this forum, and it sounds like something I want to do. I'm already in training for another century ride, the McClane Classic, on March 5th, so I should be ready for this one. Whoo-hoo!

I'll have a drive to do to get there. I'll be coming from Atwater, about 30 minutes south of Modesto (Hwy 99), probably the morning of, as I have young kids, and will be driving back home same day.

If there is anyone else out there in my area that is planning to go, please , let's get together!

Question: is there a registration deadline? The website says forms will be available Feb. 1st.....
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

They say forms are available online Feb 1st, if you get on the waiting list (on the website) they will e-mail you. Then act fast, mail it is right away the ride fills up quickly. Then we all wait for the magic confirmation card.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Perfect! Just the information I needed. Thanks!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

I'm on their mailing list and received the registration form last Friday....I'll be coming in from Sacramento. Trying to get a couple other friends to ride too...but it's the same day as Party Pardee. Should be fun....It'll be my first time on this ride, so I guess that makes me a Cinderella Virgin.....

Well I emailed, and they're mailing out a registration form asap. I've got my envelope addressed and stamped and my check is written and signed....just waiting for the mailman, now.

...and praying for that confirmation card. I feel like I'm in Las Vegas....come on, baby! ha!

Cool day of the ride....

Gates open at 6:30 AM
    Check-in: 7:00 to 9:00 AM

Do we want to try to do a ride out together? Or is it "every woman for herself"?

Last year we were like ships passing in the night, since some of us have met in real life we might meet up earlier.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

My vote is for the gang ride out... a crazy bunch of TE-ers starting off the ride.

First ones in, ready the stretcher for the visiting spazz

Now it begins: Whacha gonna wear? When you gonna be there? Let's get coffee - FIRST? Head enmass to the reg table. At the 1st sign of disfunction, we leap the tables and dazzle them with our efficency, then blaze off into the sunrise on our booteefull bikes...

Oh god, stop me now... by the time I get on the plane I'll be REALLY wound up
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Should we warn your inflight seatmates that they might want to bring either earplugs for themselves or sedation for you?

spazzdog "Oh god, stop me now... by the time I get on the plane I'll be REALLY wound up "

headline, "Plane diverted back to Boston, woman acting oddly onboard seen brandishing a mini pump and wearing zebra striped bicycle clothes.....news at 11"
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

no, no, no! I save it all for youse grrls.

I always sleep on the plane...
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Well, last year I waited around the TE tent (or what there was of it that early in the morning ) at the appointed time, and waited, and waited some more for people to show up, some of whom didn't for one reason or another - some had headed out earlier, some got stuck in the traffic jam getting into the park.

This year I'm more inclined to show up, get signed in, and go. It's just such a jumble of people and activity at the start of the ride, it's kind of a zoo with people milling about and tents being set up for the vendors. I'd just as soon meet up with people afterwards. If I see any of you at the start of the ride, that would be wonderful (and much more likely to happen now that I have met most of you ... I'll assume spazz is the woman in the straightjacket accompanying Trek ) but I'm really not too keen on waiting around like I did last year. Just my 2 cents ...

- Jo.
    Last edited by jobob; 01-24-2005 at 01:37 PM.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

I vote for get there and get going...I have jobob's cell and AG's I think. If we don't run into each other (noooo, not literally) we can see where we are and catch up by lunch or something or meet up after. The TE booth would be a good idea.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Originally posted by Trek420
    The TE booth would be a good idea.
    Susan... Are you going to have a TE booth at the Cinderella this year?