Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Non-Typical After Work Ride

To disable ads, please log-in.

Wednesday is an early release day at my school. The students go home about an hour early so the teachers can have meetings.

It being the Wed. before Thanksgiving, my principal wisely did not schedule any meetings. I was on my bike at about 2:45 with my friend J. - also a teacher at a different school. We were joined by a third teacher T, from yet another school. As T rolled up, she told us that she had heard reports of a explosives being found in the next town and that an evacuation surrounding the area was in progress.

We surmised it might be on our planned route but decided to ride over there anyway. About 45 minutes into our ride, a passing driver hollered out his window not to go down the road we had just turned on. We could see a couple of helicopters and had been passed by a few cops and decided he was probably right, we'd just get turned back. So we changed our route and hopped onto the Marsh Creek trail.

We must have seen 8 or 10 egrets, some in flight, some just hanging out in the water. It was pretty cool. It made me wish I had brought my camera. T. headed back a little early, but J. and I stayed out and got to see the sun setting and Diablo in all its glory. We got in a nice, laid back 30 mile ride.

A good start to a long weekend.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

yikes! so what actually happened?
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Yeah... amazing about the egrets and the laid back ride...

But what was a good way to start the weekend??? The egret ride? The no meetings? The evacuation of the school?

Please... more details... was the school ok?

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

The ride was good, the explosives turned out to be fake, although roads were closed for HOURS!

I hadn't ridden the Marsh Creek Trail in a while so seeing all the egrets was nice and a pleasant surprise.

A four day weekend and only one set of papers to correct before Monday, means I can play a lot.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com