Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 134 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarRiderGrrl View Post
    Hi Mary,

Cool cool! Wasn't yesterday (the 12th) to die for?
    I went to Pacific Bike on NE 8th on the Sammamish plateau to get new brakes on my Mongoose, and came home with a Specialized Sirrus! :-) The good folks at Pac Bike are going to bring my Mongoose back to me, as riding two bikes at once is problematic LOL ~ I'm determined to let my 2000 Camaro sit in the garage, till it becomes a classic ~

I'll head over to the Northwest section and see about the ride on the 19th. ~ Now if we could just have more of yesterdays weather!!

Many Huggz, and the wind be at 'yer back! Aaaaaaarrrrr
    Cyn
    Yep, Saturday sure was gorgeous; looks like (from all of the rides posts) that plenty of TE'ers - both in the NW and elsewhere - got out to enjoy it.
    Sweet on yer new bike! Post some pics, if you can, so we can all ooh and ahhh!

Cool

Where do you live? The Dalles, Oregon

Explanation of your handle: When I first got "on-line" (12 yrs ago) I tried DeAnna as my user name..but it would already be in use...so I started with imdeanna (I'm DeAnna)

Explanation of your avatar:
    Random pictures...depending on my mood

Age (general or specific) 35

Occupation: Tax Collector....(but don't hate me....I hate paying them too!!)

Favorite bike:
    I wouldn't dare say anything but my own! (she's sensitive)

What's in your stable? Trek 1600 WSD

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I think it was 25....4/12/08 I'm still working on the downhill fear!

Another picture of yourself or your ride?
    attached below as I'm not sure how to put it here!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: When I was in the 8th grade, I tried to kiss a boy inbetween classes....but he turned his head away, landing my lips on his cheek.... apparently it embarrased me so bad I hit him over the forehead with the side of my fist....I BROKE a bone in my hand doing that...but told the teachers, my parents that I broke it on the school door.... the School ended up paying for it all because it was 'school related' and the boy never told anyone....I guess he was embarrased to have been hit by a girl! anyway...I didn't tell my parents the truth until I was an adult!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Just started riding a couple weeks ago...will update when one happens!!

Most fun ever had on a bike?
    To be continued!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deanna.JPG 
Views:	426 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	5745  
    DeAnna

Never take life seriously.
    Nobody gets out alive anyway

NIce to meet every one...

Where do you live? Rice, MN

Explanation of your handle: Easy, my grandmothers name was Efijenia and my middle name is the same, so Effy is the short of it all.

Explanation of your avatar: I haven't figured out how to add one yet, give me a day or two.

Age (general or specific) 36

Favorite bike: The new Trek 2.3 WSD that I just got.

What's in your stable? Jamis 2.0 nice for leisure rides with friends.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? It was 22 MPH going down a small hill this week, in town. This was on a training ride that I did with my husband. We're trying to get conditioned to ride 13 miles into work.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'll try to add one from last year.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm sure I've told some whoppers but I can't remember. Besides that I always get caught, my conscious always gives way.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Seeing as I just started ride late last year, I don't much to pull from.

Most fun ever had on a bike? When is it not fun, when I'm on a ride.
    Last edited by effy; 04-15-2008 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Picture was way to big

Where do you live? just outside of Boston

Explanation of your handle: my favorite bike is named Oberon, and Obie is the nickname. By now I use obie for a lot of things, so I'm used to it. The real Obie is currently double-locked to a signpost just outside

Age (general or specific) 32

Favorite bike: Obie!

What's in your stable?
    Obie is a 1994 Specialized Hard Rock FS
    Beagle is a steel Seven Axiom with custom paint/stars all over (bought 2006)
    Oxo Sahara is a green Surly Cross-Check that I "adopted" from a team-mate last September
    Quinn is my ten-speed from the mid-80s

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I haven't had a speedo on for a while. But I do remember, when I used to lead bike trips at a summer camp, one of my campers and I doing 40+ down a hill

Another picture of yourself or your ride?
    not sure how!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I have to think about that. Unfortunately, I'm pretty painfully honest. To add a fun fact, though, I've dated two guys I met at baseball games, one guy I met on a plane, and two guys I met while ice skating (the second was the keeper, and we've been happily married over five years)

Most memorable moment on my bike: There are too many to count. I started riding late (8 was late in my small town) and am still making up for lost time! I have gotten lost all over as a teenager, led 4-day bike trips at summer camp, did more getting lost in college, graduated to 100+ mile rides to random places after college (all on Obie), met a roadie, started doing time trials and crits (I suck but have fun), and just discovered cross last year. Am starting to mountain bike too. But above all I am a commuter at heart.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Either Cross, or having meetings in town where I ride in and no one can even tell that I rode instead of driving or taking the T. Or riding with the husband.

Welcome Effy and Obie!

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Where do you live? Dee, OR (but the address is technically Hood River)

Explanation of your handle: Um, Sprocket's my boy! I'm his mom! (He's my first road bike...well, not really there was Fly but since she was a TINY little thing and didn't really fit me at all I don't count her....she found a nice new home.)

Explanation of your avatar: First tri ever. Aptly named the Beaver Freezer. You can't see in the pic but I'm grinning like a fool! I had sooooooooo much fun!!!

Age (general or specific) 34 (I think...I lose track anymore)

Favorite bike: YES!!! Oh, we have to pick one?? So many bikes to love....

What's in your stable? An aging QH mare and a pregnant morgan mare....oh, bike stable.... Sprocket: Trek 1000 Aluminum Dash: Scott CR1 all carbon (geek out!! even the crank, water bottle cages and frame pump are carbon!!) Rowdy: Specialized Rock Hopper with Rock Shox x-country Judy shocks (then there's my husband's poor lonely stumpjumper who just hangs around wishing someone would play with him )

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 47.7 MPH, last Sunday...somewhere out there.....I was watching the road not the cyclometer!!!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Ummm, I think I've exhausted my catalog of photos here on the computer....have to search for more....

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "Seriously, it's only five or ten more miles to the car"

Most memorable moment on my bike: MOST memorable??? Hmmmm, there was the time I was riding up a steep short hill with a VERY narrow shoulder and lots of cars whizzing by....all of a sudden my whole handlebar came off the bike in my hands!!!

Most fun ever had on a bike? The first time I ever learned what a pace line was for and could do for me. I had a BLAST!!!!!
    Last edited by Sprocket's Mom; 04-17-2008 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Forgot the avatar

Smile

Where do you live? Anchorage, Alaska

Explanation of your handle: I picked up the nickname Twerp in middle school. At the time I was playing point guard on our basketball team - not exactly the tallest player on the court. The name stuck (as did the height) - but I kinda like both.

Explanation of your avatar: uhm... yeah... gotta get one of those.

Age (general or specific) 37, 38 July 5th

Favorite bike: My 2 week old Orbea Onyx Dama. Or my friends Specialized. Or my old mountain bike. Or maybe that red ten speed I had in high school.
    Or....

What's in your stable? Orbea formerly mentioned, Novara Bonita Mountain Bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? hmm... not sure on this one.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't mind pics, I just don't ever seem to collect them of myself. I should start doing that.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I've never told a lie in my life. (except that one).

Most memorable moment on my bike: I did a solo bike trip through New Zealand when I was 18. Lots of good memories from that. I've had too many years off - time to start making a new set of bike memories.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Hard to pin down, but I had a blast on a single track last summer. Chugach mountains in the back. I really don't have skills - even fell going UP hill. But it was all good.

Where do you live? NC/VA Border near Hampton Roads, VA

Explanation of your handle: Crisi is the way I wish my name was spelled when I was younger (thought it looked cooler) and 13 is my lucky number

Explanation of your avatar: Don't have one yet!

Age (general or specific) 28

Occupation: Ford Truck Sales (I'm one of the few women in the country that manges the fleet department at a large Ford Store!!)

Favorite bike: My brand new Lemond Tourmalet (my first road bike!)

What's in your stable? My Lemond...the only bike I own

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I've only ridden a few times so far it was yesterday at 19.9 mph

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'm working on this

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I wanted to quit my job at a previous car dealer, but wasn't sure I was going to like my new job so I went in and acted VERY sick and told them I had Mono and had to take a month off. Turned out I loved the new job so I finally had to go in and quit.

Most memorable moment on my bike: I don't have many yet...but so far I guess it would be falling off after a newbie group ride last weekend. I did fine until I got to the parking lot and then...oops pedal issues. Head went into a concret light pole (Thank God for helmets!) and bike went into some woman's van!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Again, not much to compare to yet...but I did my first group ride yesterday. We did 21.03 (yes the .03 is important) miles at an average speed of 14.7 mph.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!!

Where do you live? I alternate between Southern CT and Upstate NY

Explanation of your handle: I played basketball growing up and my buddies would choose me over guys in pick up games.. because "Kate's got game!"

Explanation of your avatar: That's my dog

Age (general or specific) 24.. will be 25 on the 1st of May

Favorite bike: My current bike.. Giant OCR1. It was my bday present to myself.

What's in your stable? I just cleaned house and this is all I have left

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 45mph - Adirondack Mountains in NY.. we have some big hills

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'll work on that one

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Hmm.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Nothing major on my current bike. Had a horrific crash as a kid and almost died. That was fun.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I lived in AZ for 3 months without a car and biked everywhere on a $75 mountain bike.

OK! I've been on the forum long enough without giving more info, so here it goes.

Where do you live? Dallas, TX

Explanation of your handle: I was trying to come up with an e-mail address that wasn't currently taken. When I started cycling, we would tell our friends how far that I had rode for the day and they would look at me and say "You rode how far? Are you crazy?"

Explanation of your avatar: To lazy (and not enough time) to put one up.

Age (general or specific) 34

Occupation: Student...but in my spare time for the next 3 months I am a pharmacy tech.

Favorite bike: I am druelling over a Pinarello FP5 in pink and black right now, but of course my favorite bike is the one that I own

What's in your stable? Specialized Allez

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Upper 30's, going down hill and loving every minute of it.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? me and DH
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me and he 8-18.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	5789

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Can't remember.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Any moment on my bike is a memorable one. When I crossed the finish line on day 2 of the MS 150 and again when I finished the HHH. DH was in tears both times. The HHH was a ride that I had read about when I first got into cycling and decided then that I wanted to do it.

Most fun ever had on a bike? The HHH. I had trained with a great group of people. We rode 4-5 in a group and were doing pacelines the whole ride. We all started singing during the ride.

My turn!

Where do you live? I split my time between Grand Lake, CO and west suburban Chicago

Explanation of your handle: One of my kids has red hair, the rest are blonds

Explanation of your avatar: I'm a physical anthropologist who likes to ride bikes, so the avatar is a picture of a skeleton made of bike parts riding

Age (general or specific) 37

Favorite bike: I'm riding a Giant OCR 1W right now

What's in your stable? Giant OCR 1W

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I'm not a speed junkie. I rarely cadence above 100 rpms. I'm in for the distance

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Don't have any.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Lie? Me?

Most memorable moment on my bike: My sense of accomplishment after climbing my first significant hill. Wow, I did it.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I love the early spring and late fall rides, just spinning by watching the seasons change.

Welcome Julie! That sculpture looks cool. Can you post it as a larger picture so that we can get a better look at it?
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Welcome everyone who as posted here since the last time I welcomed everyone (I have no idea how far back that is - my apologies!)

Come in, make yourselves at home and enjoy. This is a great place to hang out!
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

yeah, there are a lot of newbies on here! it was fun reading all about you guys and welcome to TE, what stories!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Sure, I would love to post a bigger picture of my avatar. I did not make the sculpture, nor did I photograph it. I just came across the picture and thought it was cool.

To give credit where credit is due....
    http://www.recycling.me.uk/sculpture_ii.htm

If memory serves, they have other things mounted on bikes as well.

~Julie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cycle skeleton.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	5903