Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 152 of 175 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Where do you live? Cairns, Far North QLD, Australia
    Explanation of your handle: My favourite bag is Dolce and Gabbana
    Explanation of your avatar: ??? Yet to have one.

Age (general or specific)31

Favorite bike: For now? Mine GIANT Alliance TCR W

What's in your stable? A Giant Mountainbike, and my Alliance TCR W
    Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I haven't got a computer yet so will update once i know.

Another picture of yourself or your ride?i don't have any of myself yet

What is the biggest lie you've ever told:Hmmm well i tell my son that santa is real and the toothfairy still comes to our house and the easter bunny is real too so while i am spinning those lies around my 7 year old son they are the biggest.

Most memorable moment on my bike: For not its just being able to get on to get off to stop without falling with my cleats and shoes I feel so empowered being able to do that.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Just getting on it is a joy, Taking it for the first spin was exhilarating it can only get better right?

Where do you live? Wichita Falls, TX

Explanation of your handle: ummm... my first name.. I'm not that creative.

Explanation of your avatar: Me during the bike leg of the Tremont Tri in Illinois

Age (general or specific) 37

Favorite bike: It's hard to choose... see choices below

What's in your stable? Giant Avail Women's road bike... in green because it's my favorite color.... and my Comfort bike I bought in Germany with a basket on the front.... which is great for commuting to local parties because I can throw the appetizers right on in.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? If I remember correctly it was 34 mph at Muenster Bike Bash in Texas.....which is the perfect rally if you like continuous hills and 30 mph winds.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I was looking.. but I don't have any good pics on my bikes... I guess cause I'm driving.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm much more of an exaggerator than a liar..... remember that as I fill out the rest of this form.

Most memorable moment on my bike: I got hit on by a 23 year old after the 40 mile marker at the last bike rally I rode in.... in the privy line... which is so rad because I'm pushing 40... and of course I told my hubby... don't want him taking me for granted.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Happy Mosel in Germany..... you bike like a bazillion miles down a mountain (I rode my comfort bike with the basket) and stop at all the towns and wineries tasting the local Rieslings... then you buy your favorite bottles to fill the basket up on the way down. Biking and wine tasting... very fun.
    Danette

Quote Originally Posted by Danette View Post
    Biking and wine tasting... very fun.

Reminds me of this scene (sorry it's in french, but keep watching). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbdyMDqu08Q

roflol..... I didn't know my husband spoke French. That's was pretty much his experience. lol
    Danette

'Bout time I did this...

Where do you live? Cleveland or Cincinnati, OH

Explanation of your handle: nickname from middle school.

Explanation of your avatar: It's invisible.

Age (general or specific) 21

Occupation: undergraduate student in biology and chemistry; working in chemistry lab for the summer.

Favorite bike: I have a soft spot for my last childhood bike--dark blue, with pink things on it. Horribly girly, but I look back on it fondly.

What's in your stable? Giant Avail 3, teal.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 7mph...I'm still getting used to this. The number should improve when I realize I'm not going to fall off and crack my head open.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? working on that...

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "I'll get up in 5 minutes..."

Most memorable moment on my bike: First actual ride on my road bike. I was really, really saddlesore, but I found my groove toward the end of the ride. Go figure, right?

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding the above-mentioned blue girly bike around my yard. My parents weren't happy with what I did to the lawn, but...

My turn!!

Where do you live? Las Vegas

Explanation of your handle: I have 2 Cochlear Implants, so it's kinda Cyborg looking when I put them on.

Explanation of your avatar: *gasp* I don't have one *wah*

Age (general or specific) over 21, under 100. :-)

Occupation: Student, majoring in Game Art and Design. I used to be a Surgical Veterinary Technician though...new career now.

Favorite bike: I don't have a favorite...yet.

What's in your stable? 10 year old Schwinn mountain-wannabe bike.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Probably going over 35mph (according to my computer), but I kind of doubt it because I usually panic a little bit for going too fast. When? NO idea. Where? NO idea.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Me? On my crappy ride? I don't think so...not now. :-)

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "My brother made me deaf by using a bullhorn". I was sick of people asking me how I became deaf...ironically, it became to the point when I started to believe it was true.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Probably traveling through Washington D.C. and Nashville - I saw Reba McEntire's Starstruck company on that bike. Stole some flowers off in the garden. :-) I was on a road trip with a friend from NJ to DC to Williamsburg, VA, to Nashville.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I don't think I had <i>the</i> most fun, but I had a lot of fun traveling (above mention). But I'm looking forward into doing my first charity ride in October!

Hello from butterflysaddle

Where do you live? Columbia, SC

Explanation of your handle: I found this site as a result of trying to solve discomfort-related issues. I've already bought the butterfly saddle. Hence, the name.

Explanation of your avatar: I need to get one!

Age (general or specific) 36

Favorite bike: My Felt Z-70

What's in your stable? Felt Z-70; Giant Boulder Mountain Bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Less than 30 going downhill fearing for my absolute life, earlier this year, 2009

Another picture of yourself or your ride? It's difficult to have someone take my picture while I'm riding. Mom is the photographer, and she doesn't ride.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm married. (If you saw the guy, you would completely understand.)

Most memorable moment on my bike: I had just finished my first 20-mile ride with clipless pedals without falling. I got into the parking lot and said, "I did it. I did it. I didn't fall once!" With that, I couldn't unclip in time and fell right behind my parked car in front of about 20 other riders.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I had just gotten the mountain bike and gone down a hill on the trail for the first time. It was exciting seeing the greenery, the shade overhead, hearing the crunch of the leaves beneath the wheels. Loved it!

Where do you live? CDA, Idaho

Explanation of your handle: Compound of my names

Explanation of your avatar: I don't have one yet!

Age (general or specific) : 27

Favorite bike: Giant Avail 1

What's in your stable? : Giant Avail 1, Trek Allant, Kona Hahanna

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? : Actually not sure, I don't have a computer yet!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? : I'm not sure I have one.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Hmm, not sure.

Most memorable moment on my bike: I was riding my Trek home from work and forgot to roll up the hem of my right pant leg. Just as I crossed a busy 4 lane highway, I got the leg of my LIGHT KHAKI work pants caught in the chain. Ripped 'em right up and ruined them with grease. I still have them as a testiment to my stupidity.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I like riding with my kids in the trailer. Though they get bored pretty easily, even when I load it up with snacks 'n stuff.

Where do you live? South, central IL

Explanation of your handle: Last Name

Explanation of your avatar: avatar?? It's me riding in the 2008 Tour de Donut

Age (general or specific) 47 in October

Favorite bike: Long Haul Trucker (Fatties fit fine!)

What's in your stable? Specialized Expedition

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Around 20 mph on the Great River Road (There's a long flat stretch after we do a hill training circuit)

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Hmm. I'd have to think about that.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Crossing the finish line at the MS 150 in Columbia, MO. I nearly cried it was so moving.

Most fun ever had on a bike? There's a short ride near our home that runs from Grafton, IL, up to Pere Marquette State Park. It's so windy and hilly that it's like riding a roller coaster. I love to do it later in the summer when I'm in good shape and can fly!

Jenn

Where do you live?
    Annapolis, MD

Explanation of your handle: I am a go-to kinda person, and my Ma calls me Jenne.

Explanation of your avatar:
    MMMMmmmmm... decadent espresso drinks!!

Age (general or specific)

Stay home mom and part time caterer, for now.

Favorite bike:
    Still deciding- right now I have Bianchi Eros I am pretty fond of, but I am still new.

What's in your stable?
    Um, I don't know how to answer this. Did I answer it above?

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?
    Dunno yet. Need to get myself a 'puter.

Another picture of yourself or your ride?
    Will work on sharing this.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told:
    Man, you gals go deep fast! I think I will have to work up to that one.

Most memorable moment on my bike:
    I have many. Maybe navigating new road routes as a young teenager around my part of town.

Most fun ever had on a bike?
    I have been training for an endurance ride, and LOVE the routes our trainer takes us on. Yesterday we went through a bunch of horse farms, and across one of the many tributaries to the Chesapeake on a little podunk bridge. Stopped to pee and hydrate at an ice-cream stand. LOVED it.

Want to add too that I am SOOO glad I found this forum. I don't know any girls who ride, and have some "girly" questions I am not ready to ask my guy trainer yet. Looking forward to "meeting" y'all!

Cool post!

Where do you live? Montréal, Québec

Explanation of your handle: First when I started joining different bike forums, I noticed how many people would use entirely lower case for their handles. Poet e.e. cumming's name was always written in lower case. I guess I could have chosen k.d. lang too.

Explanation of your avatar: I guess I set my profile up in a hurry.

Age (general or specific) 45

Favorite bike: would love a Cervelo

What's in your stable? Giant Avail (shopping for a decent hybrid - opinions, anyone?)

Fastest speed on a road bike? 28 miles an hour, on the Gilles Villneuve race track.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? That's my ride, right there - the green machine.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: That's a good one - I'm sure I probably have some whoppers in my past, I just can't remember. As I get older the truth is so much simple (and more shocking).

Most memorable moment on my bike: My first Tour de l'Ile, the 25th anniversary, in Montréal, with 35,000 other riders. Going through the gates as the Cirque du Soleil stilt walkers were cheering us through, dressed as matadors waving their red blankets (Cirque du Soleil's 25th anniversary was the same year). Going through little neighbourhoods where people were on their doorsteps, playing guitar and violin, and pushing us on.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Going around the island of Montreal for the first time and discovering places I had never seen before.

Where do you live? DEEEE-Troit!

Explanation of your handle: My 3 three favorite guys (my DH and 2 DS) have first names starting with T

Explanation of your avatar: no avatar yet (newbie!)

Age (general or specific) 31

Favorite bike: Just got my first "real" road bike a month ago...Trek 1.2 WSD

What's in your stable? Ummm....see above (newbie)

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Sheesh, I feel slow compared to the others...about 28 (no hill, Detroit is not very hilly)

Another picture of yourself or your ride? gotta stop being lazy and post one...

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I don't like lying because its too hard to keep track of...

Most memorable moment on my bike: Falling over on my first ride clipless...was on a side street with no traffic, but there was a guy walking by and he laughed (so did I)

Most fun ever had on a bike? when me and my DH were kids (about 14) we snuck out in the middle of the night and rode about 10 miles to Belle Isle (an island park) and on the way back my tire busted and the rim got so bad we had to ditch the bike (it was a trashy bike anyway). I had to ride home on his handlebars...not so comfy when you're rushing to get home before daybreak!

welcome all you refreshing new TE members!
    jump in and join the fun. Ask us anything you want.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

I've already introduced myself to a certain extent in some of my posts, but thought I'd go ahead and do it officially

Where do you live? Tempe, AZ

Explanation of your handle: Well, I'm a mom, I'm originally from Texas (and my heart will always be there), and, well, I *try* to be happy, although it's a bit of a struggle recently

Explanation of your avatar: no avatar yet

Age (general or specific) 36

Favorite bike: Would love it if I knew, I'm riding "Rocky", my 10+ year old Sam's club special MTB

What's in your stable? See above

Fastest speed on a road bike? Today my top speed was 20 mph. I only just today figured out how to capture top speed on my GPS.

Here's my ride:

And here's me (with my oldest son):

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't remember, probably something about where I was going to my mom. I don't tend to lie, really, anymore. The truth is so much simpler.

Most memorable moment on my bike: When I was a kid and *raced* down this biiiiiiig hill so that I'd have enough momentum to make it back up the next hill. Well, I had plenty of momentum...made it back up and then promptly crashed. Tried to hide it from my mom because I knew I was being stupid, but my bike was trashed and my chin wouldn't stop bleeding. Ended up needing stitches...I still have the scar.

Most fun ever had on a bike? When I was a young teen at summer camp and we did some road cycling. I think it was about 30 miles. That is what really awakened my love of cycling, even though I let it go back to sleep for (far too) many years.

Where do you live? San Diego, CA

Explanation of your handle: My favorite color

Explanation of your avatar: I don't have one right now

Age (general or specific) 21

Favorite bike: I only have one bike

What's in your stable? Trek 820 (heavy steel frame -_-)

Fastest speed on a road bike? I don't own a road bike but I plan to get one soon.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Falling into a pile of rocks on my first mountain biking trip when my laces got stuck in my pedal. I now remember to tuck in my laces whenever I ride.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Cruising down this big hill from the way back from work.