Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 138 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Welcome everyone

Tabby, bridges scare me too. Even if they are caged (or have a fence around them). I don't know why!!! I'm working on it. I think you're doing great!

150+ posts and I'm just getting around to this!

Where do you live? Branford, CT

Explanation of your handle: One day in high school chem, my friend spun around in his seat and said "I'm going to start calling you 'No No'. You just look like one!" I assume it has something to do with No No Nanette, but who knows?

Explanation of your avatar: Oooh, why haven't I done that yet?

Age (general or specific) 27

Occupation: GIS Analyst. In normal-speak, I make maps. Yes, I did get a degree in cartography, I'm a dork like that.

Favorite bike: Cervellos give me that "OOOOOOH!!" feeling.

What's in your stable? 2004 Specialized Hardrock Sport and 2006 Specialized Dolce Elite

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I think I hit 42 or so down a hill during my first metric last fall. It was shortly after I bought the Dolce, and I had no clue I could go that fast on a bike. I liked it

Another picture of yourself or your ride? If I must...

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Nothing comes to mind, really. Oh, wait. One day walking home from elementary school two boys decided to have a jumping contest out of the tree in my front yard. It got to my friend's turn and he immediately grabbed his arm and started screaming when he hit the ground. He went running home and when I walked inside my mom asked why he was crying. I just said "I don't know" and went to my room. The next day he came in with a broken wrist and when the teacher asked how he did it, he just said "I tripped and fell on the sidewalk" and gave me a look like "I'm not telling, either". I always felt bad about that.

Most memorable moment on my bike: I think it's yet to come, we're looking at biking in Tuscany next year So far, finishing my first metric was very cool, I never knew I could push myself like that.

Most fun ever had on a bike? When I used to ride my mountain bike, it was always enjoyable getting all mucked up. I never worried about speed or cadence, it was just fun playing on the trails. On the roadie, I've greatly enjoyed exploring the town I moved to last year. Riding along the water and looking at the gorgeous houses and scenery, and just getting to really enjoy my surroundings and explore is great fun to me.

Where do you live? Georgia

Explanation of your handle: Blue - I have a Blue roadbike and its my favorite color, Vet11- I'lll be graduating veterinary school in 2011

Explanation of your avatar: dont' have one yet!

Age (general or specific) 25

Favorite bike: I like my Blue

What's in your stable? Blue RC4 roadie and a KHS mtb

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? not sure, im still pretty slow and don't have a computer, I'll have to ask DH, he'd know!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I don't really remember! Sorry, I'm no fun!

Most memorable moment on my bike: When it all finally clicked, and I enjoyed my bike. It was only a 6 mile ride, but I got bit by the bug that day!

Most fun ever had on a bike? I think last week when we were out on a new trail, totally lost and it started pouring, lightening, thundering. I am usually pretty slow on the mtb but we found some bikers that knew their way and I didn't want to lose them. So I rode my butt off and had so much fun riding in the rain/mud on a technical trail (I know, shouldnt be on the trail in the mud but we didnt know it was going to rain, we were trying to get out!)

Where do you live? Millersville, Pa

Explanation of your handle: My dog's name.

Explanation of your avatar: My son's dog- Sweet Pea.

Age (general or specific) 47

Favorite bike: Just got a Trek Pilot.

What's in your stable? Trek Pilot and Specialized mountain bike.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 25, near my home.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Will try to get some soon.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Not into lies!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Last night. I was so excited about getting 300 miles on my bike since I got it, then I fell. Could not get out of the clipless pedals. It hurt pretty good.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I live in the river hills and it is so pretty. Just being outside.

Where do you live? Albuquerque, New Mexico

Explanation of your handle: Initials and I live in the great, unbeatable South West!

Explanation of your avatar: Daisy is my little, sweet mutt. I am truly trying to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Age (general or specific): 37

Favorite bike: Hum...I really haven't found a favorite one yet.

What's in your stable? Old Bianchi Nyala

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I love you

Most memorable moment on my bike: My first trail ride in the foothills of the Sandias many years ago.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding along the coastal trail in Anchorage, Alaska! Went the Anchorage to work for a couple of months and I took my bike with me. Rode it everywhere around Anchorage.
    Last edited by BBsw; 07-18-2008 at 09:46 AM.

Where do you live? Warren, OH

Explanation of your handle: My gf and I used to use "code names" if we were getting some unwanted male attention. When she called me Mabel, I knew she ("Agnes") needed rescued immediately! And since quite a large number of people over the years have come up with the "original" idea to call me April May, I combined the two. Ironically, my son made up my first screen name, Mabell, without knowing any of this.

Explanation of your avatar: I'm working on it, but even when I make the pixel size small enough, the file size is still too big. I'm going to try to take a picture with the camera set at a lower resolution to see if that helps. Any other advice?

Age (general or specific): 42 (generally, ...sometimes I'm younger )

Favorite bike: Yamaha VMAX, but only as a passenger

What's in your stable? Trek 7300 hybrid; Trek WSD 4.5 road bike (Da*n salesman, there goes the $$$ for my next vacation)

Fastest speed on a road bike? So far only 24.5 on the bike trail. I'm working on that one too.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Sorry, can't share that one or it might get out! Here's a cycling-related lie I told, though. I didn't want my family to know that I met my ex-fiancee at BW3. Instead, my cousin told me to say that we met when I was riding my bike and he stopped to fix my flat tire. Hmmm, now that I'm actually riding a bike, this could really happen... thereby cancelling out the lie?

Most memorable moment on my bike: Nothing really special yet, but one of the bike trails we ride on goes right by a farm. We stopped to take a picture by the pasture with cows in the background when all of a sudden all 50+ of them came running over and lined up right behind us at the fence to be in the picture with us.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I'm still working on this one too. So far, it was our group ride at Peninsula, where we planned to take a train northbound with our bikes, and then get off and ride the bikes back to where we parked. Only as we were about halfway there on the train, it started pouring down rain. We debated just taking the train back, but the rain slowed down and we decided to go for it. I never imagined it would be fun riding in the rain, but even though we were covered with mud when we made it back, we had a blast. Maybe my next bike will be a mountain bike...

New forum member from NC

Where do you live? NC

Explanation of your handle: GRITS = Girl Raised In The South

Explanation of your avatar: I admire people who have avatars.

Age (general or specific): 47

Favorite bike: ?? Don't know enough yet!

What's in your stable? Terry Classic and new Trek 2.1 WSD

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Maybe 26mph? On a great long downhill near my house. Funny how we always manage to reverse the ride so we are going DOWN that hill!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'll get that when I get my avatar.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm fine! I'm ok. No problem. Just a scratch. Just keep going!

Most memorable moment on my bike: We do a ride through the country most Sat. mornings. A few times the timing has been just right and we hear the church bells from a little country church we go by.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I've done two Women Tours trips, one to Outer Banks and one to the Natchez Trace on the Mississippi. Both great fun!

Wow! Lots of new folks 'round here! Welcome all!!

Lori- There are a few of us in NC - I'm in Durham.

CA
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by CA_in_NC View Post
    Wow! Lots of new folks 'round here! Welcome all!!

Lori- There are a few of us in NC - I'm in Durham.

CA
    And I'm in Durham alot (CA-August will be lots of Durham time, so I hope we can get together!)

Fellow NC rider

Hi CA,

I live in Wake Forest. Just down the road from you! I see you are doing the MS 150 in New Bern, too! It's my first time doing it. Lori

Where do you live? Canberra Australia. I have only just shifted here so it is all new and exciting at the moment.

Explanation of your handle: initials

Explanation of your avatar: haven't posted one yet but it will probably be a penguin or a black rose - don't ask me why, but they seem to have become my favourites over the years

Age (general or specific):
    52 in November

Favorite bike: that's still to come - am looking at the moment

What's in your stable?
    elderly and el cheapo mtb

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: too many to choose from

Most memorable moment on my bike: when I realized I could ride the whole way around the lake without expiring

Most fun ever had on a bike? Years ago when I was teaching my daughter aged about 5 (now 22)that it was okay to ride through the puddles. We both ended up soaked and covered in mud, laughing the whole time.

howdy

Hey JD! *wave from perth*

Are you one of the cool folk that ride in the Canberra winters? I see you just moved there so perhaps not..

You've got some great Mtn biking near you!!!

[QUOTE=crazycanuck;344036]Hey JD! *wave from perth*

Are you one of the cool folk that ride in the Canberra winters? I see you just moved there so perhaps not..

Nice to meet you Crazycanuck - This is my first winter here and I have been tackling some early morning frosties - it is great fun although it takes me so long to get dressed with my layers of warm clothes. Shifted down here from Qld so it is really exciting to actually have a winter.

Newbie here!

Hi everyone! I figured this would be the best way to introduce myself, since I just joined the forum.

Where do you live? Georgia

Explanation of your handle: Tennis is my passion! and I'm 43.

Explanation of your avatar: don't have one yet!

Age (general or specific) 43

Occupation: Exercise Physiologist Intern - til I graduate on July 30! Then hopefully, EP full time!

Favorite bike: Specialized Dolce

What's in your stable? Specialized Dolce & Trek Navigator 100

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Hmm - I don't have a computer on my road bike yet (I've just had it 3 weeks). But pretty darn fast, I'd say! lol! I've been up to 31 on my Trek, going downhill and pedaling like mad!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Well, heck, I'm not gonna tell that!! I'd rat myself out!

Most memorable moment on my bike: 52 mile ride from Cedartown, GA to Piedmont, AL on the Silver Comet Trail/Chief Ladiga Trail - that's the longest I've ever ridden (so far)

Most fun ever had on a bike? Honestly, all the time I spent on a bike as a kid, riding in parking lots, on sidewalks, on the road, on trails.

BTW - nice to meet you all!!

Nice to meet you, too, tennisgirl43! And everyone else. It has been a long time since I dropped in to welcome folks. Enjoy - this is a great forum with great people!
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett