Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 54 of 175 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by amg
    Explanation of your avatar: I don't have one yet

Another picture of yourself or your ride?
    Ok, I've achieved a semblance of competance with my digital camera. Well, actually I'm really just showing off because I finally got a digital camera! And I like showing people pictures of my dog because I think he's beeyooteeful.

Answer to the avatar question: It's Monty, my Australian Cattle Dog. He loves to suck on his stuffed bear while kneading with his feet like cats do. Here's a picture of him being noble and alert, and then running and being silly:

And here's my mountain bike. I'll post a picture of my road bike later when I dig them all out for new insurance photos.

very nice pixs amg! When I got my dig camera I tried to take a pix of my dogs: one of them ran away every time I pointed the camera at him, the other hogged the spotlight! and - yes he Is gorgeous! I love the colours of the Aus Cattle Dogs! Thanks for sharing
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

mtblawgirl

Where do you live? Boston, Massachusetts

Explanation of your handle: I'm a law student who loves to mtn bike

Explanation of your avatar:

Age (general or specific) 30-ish!

Favorite bike: Trek Fuel

What's in your stable? MTB - Trek 6700 with XTR; Road - Litespeed Classic; Commuter - Fuji Sagres

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? declining at 55mph on the Natchez Trace in Tennessee. WHOO!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? yep

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: as if!

Most memorable moment on my bike: my first race or going down on my road bike at 38mph. ouch.

Most fun ever had on a bike? the azalea trail at Chilhowee Mtn with my crazeeeeee friends

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois
    Thanks for the great welcome - and Lise I love the Daschund!!!
    Yeah, isn't that fabulous? Snapdragen found it for me to use as my avatar. (Again, I bow in gratitude to Snapdragen)

It's sort of a good luck thing for me; we had a dachshund (Schatzi) who lived to be 18. Now I look for dachshunds at every triathlon or long running race--I almost always see one, too.
    Last edited by Lise; 01-20-2006 at 03:29 PM.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Quote Originally Posted by amg
    Ok, I've achieved a semblance of competance with my digital camera. Well, actually I'm really just showing off because I finally got a digital camera! And I like showing people pictures of my dog because I think he's beeyooteeful.
    Great Dog! Great bike! L.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Welcome to the board mtblaw! Your answer to the biggest lie had me in stitches!! Thanks for my afternoon giggles!! Hope to be hearing more from you!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Smile Hi everyone! :)

um...guess I joined this forum a little late Hi everyone, I'm new here, and fairly new to biking, aside from just every-day for fun and excercise. Look forward to getting to know some of you

Where do you live? Hugo, Oklahoma (also known as bum-fudged nowhere...)

Explanation of your handle: ummm...it's my name...not very imaginative, but it works

Explanation of your avatar: no avatar as of yet

Age (general or specific) : 23

Favorite bike: probably Rivendell

What's in your stable? none right now, lost mine in a house fire a while back

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? hmm, not really sure...

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Don't have many pictures of myself...

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: the biggest? hmm, gotta think about that one...

Most memorable moment on my bike: lol hitting a rock, skidding sideways, trying to catch myself, and making a big hole in my palm - twice - on each side

Welcome sandraseigle! It's great to see another Okie on the board. I had to look up where Hugo is as I've only lived in OK for a year and don't know where much is. If you're even in OKC let's get together and ride!
    "He's really having to dig deeply into the suitcase of courage" Phil Liggett

Welcome to the board Sandra!! No tardys on this forum ma'am, people wander in and out all the time and we love having each and every one of you?...them?...us?? Anyway.........sorry to hear about your bike loss - are you looking for a replacement?? riding something right now in the interim?

Thanks for the welcome everyone

Tatormc - Don't make it to OKC much, but I'll keep you in mind if I do! Glad to see another Okie myself, sometimes I feel like I'm on a completely different planet lol...and don't worry about not knowing where it is, some people that have lived in Oklahoma all their lives didn't even know Hugo existed I've lived in Oklahoma for, hmm...about 8 years now *sigh* I'm originally from Denver, CO (and I miss it SOOO much), we may be moving back soon...HURRAY, civilization!

Corsair Mac - bleh, Where I live, roads are REALLY bad, and there's virtually no sidewalks every once in a while though, one of my girlfriends and I ride around the cemetary (morbid, I know lol, but it's the best road in town )... I have to borrow her hubby's bike for now (not the most comfortable thing in the world, either, since it's a man's bike - ouch ) but, we're getting our tax check soon (earned income on two little ones, woo-hoo :P) so I'll probably try to replace my old one then...I may have to go way out of town (or state) to do it lol, but I will! I'm going to get my oldest daughter a bike too, even though she'll only be able to ride it in the back yard...but I've been looking forward to her first big-girl bike for a long time!

Until then, I stay active chasing my girls - a full time job, my oldest is 3 1/2, and my youngest is 17 months - and doing Pilates and Tae-Bo (and, um...wearing out my Dance-dance Revolution pad lol, I'm such a nerd, but it's SOOO fun! :P)

Where do you live? Montreal, Quebec

Explanation of your handle: when I arrived at college one of the staff guys met me and said "Laurel? More like Floral." And Floral stuck as a nickname, and eventually got abbreviated to Flor... and I'm into triathlons

Explanation of your avatar: Taken right after I finished my first 10k race... running's cool too!

Age (general or specific): 22

Occupation: Full-time student... plus chambermaid to pay the bills

Favorite bike: can't say I've been riding long enoug to know

What's in your stable? Trek 2200 alpha series

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I think 68kph, on 4th Line Road North of Burlington Ontario

Another picture of yourself or your ride? see attached

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm a horrible liar! But probably some exaggeration of how quickly I hiked a mountain or something.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Coming up to a two way stop on our way home from a race, my mom and I didn't have the stop so were slowing down only a bit to go through. But this clueless elderly woman doesn't stop at her sign and is apparently oblivious to our presence. Just at the last second she pulls through, and I pile on the breaks. I came about six inches from going face first into the car. Meanwhile, my mom is behind me and just barely misses hitting me. I yelled out a not so nice name at the woman, which my mom (fortunately) heard as "ditch". A reminder to always watch your tongue when mom's around

Most fun ever had on a bike? Probably my first sprint tri. I'm slow in the water so catching up on the bike is a great feeling for me. It was a reminder that everyone has strengths and weaknesses.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Welcome to the board triflor. I was in stitches about the "ditch" name! I sent my dad out of the room once when I was fixing something around the house coz I told him I would probably be using words I didn't need him to know I knew! We've got quite a few Tri-heads?....Tri-Ladies?......do ya'll have a "name"?...on the board but more are always welcome! Hope to hear from you some more!

tri-geeks

my brother who is a roady temporarily turned triathlete (just for ironman) refers to TRI-GEEKS frequently. but i call myself a tri-girl, as in "Tri-girls have great legs."

Hi ladies!

Where do you live? Chicago, Illinois

Explanation of your handle: My road bike is a Fuji

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar??

Age (general or specific) 29

Favorite bike: my Fuji is my baby!

What's in your stable? Fuji Newest WSD road bike (2004), Trek 7200 hybrid (2000)

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? about 23, on the Lake Michigan path

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Hmmm...I'll have to think about this one.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Riding in the middle of the night with 500 other people during the LATE ride in Chicago

Most fun ever had on a bike? Any time I'm riding with friends!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Girl
    Favorite bike: my Fuji is my baby!
    OOOooooh! Your baby is a Fuji too?? I LOVE my Fuji baby. I named her Flicka. Black, ornery, and fast!
    Welcome to the board, Linda!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein