Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 82 of 175 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Now I have 111 posts to my name!

Conclusions drawn:
    1. I am no longer riding solo.I think of you individually,variously and collectively on my rides
    2. You are a wonderful lot of women

Most useful tip discovered :
    Keeping a bucket in the shower and hand-washing my gear simultaneously and contemporaneously as I shower

What I hope have been my most helpful contributions:
    1. On breast cancer/chemo and similar
    2. Arnica for bruising

Can I stay?
    Is there anyone else from Israel lurking?

See you all at 222 posts!

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

Thumbs up I'm happy to be here!

This is such a WONDERFUL SITE!! I just found out about TE last night & decided to become a member ! I didn't get any sleep last night because I was checking out a lot of the threads.

Where do you live? Massachusetts

Explanation of your handle: my name plus a special date!

Explanation of your avatar: didn't add one yet.

Favorite bike: Only have one so it's my favorite for now... I'm really not sure that it's a good fit for me.

What's in your stable? 2004 Gary Fisher Nirvana.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? My husband & I JUST took our bikes out about one week ago. To be honest, I stayed put in a very large parking lot, so I don't have any fast speed to talk about. I am petrified of the crazy traffic in our city -- (more about that later...)

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Don't have one with my bike...when I do, I'll post it.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I've never told a lie!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Don't have one yet....BUT, I am REALLY, REALLY looking forward to making many wonderful memories !!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Probably back when I was 16ish & went on a long ride with a friend on a beautiful spring night...

I'm really looking forward to 'meeting' & getting to know a lot of you. After having read many of the threads last night, this morning & this afternoon, I can see that there is a wealth of knowledge about everything 'bicycle' & more.
    I have a few questions that I want to ask; I'll need to find the appropriate thread first, or start a new topic.

Well, that's it for now....

Hi!

Where do you live? Castro Valley, California (25 miles East of SF)

Explanation of your handle: It's a Cal thing !

Age (general or specific) 40 somethin' ;-)

Favorite bike: Specialized Ruby Expert

What's in your stable? Specialized Ruby Expert (it's like riding a Cadillac!)

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 33mph, Mines Road descent, Livermore, CA, Feburary 2006.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I didn't do it ! (but I did break the sewing machine trying to move the levers with a hammer, at 9 yo , I must call my sister now and confess !)

Most memorable moment on my bike: My first ride up Mines Road in Livermore, I made it to the top and on the descent, there was a bird soaring next to me. That was so cool!

Most fun ever had on a bike? A Cinderella training ride, we did Redwood Road in Castro Valley, CA, seemed like we climbed forever. I had never been to this particular area, though I've lived here for over 13 years. There were some cool chalk marks in the road for CVC, Castro Valley Cyclery, my LBS, pretty neat

Hi everyone, I just started road cycling at the beginning of May 2006. I've been a nordic skier for several years, and have enjoyed my one-speed clunky old bike for rides around town. My boyfriend is a sales rep in the bike business and he finally encouraged me to buy a road bike so I can stay in shape during the long stretch between winters, and hopefully improve my ski race times next season.

Where do you live? Minneapolis, MN

Explanation of your handle: I've been using it forever as my email online, and I have short hair that people have said makes me look like a pixie.

Age (general or specific) 36

What's in your stable? Little Blue, a one speed from the 1960's which I inherited from my old landlord (he rescued it from a thrift store) and my new Cannondale R700 (red.) I haven't amassed a collection because I just started riding for sport.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I haven't graduated to a speedometer yet, so I don't know.

Most memorable moment on my bike: On the Cedar Lake trail just on the border of Minneapolis and St. Louis park, I was careening down a hill on Little Blue and I heard a noise in the woods and noticed a deer running alongside me for about 100 yards.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Exploring the city. Now that I have a road bike I can explore even further.

Live: Port Jefferson Station, LI, NY

Handle: Running is my first love.

In my stable: Specialized Dolce Sport (got it before I knew much about biking or I would have saved and bought more bike)
    Just purchased a Trek 4500 mountain bike.

Fastest speed on bike: Don't know, somewhere around 23 mph.

Most memorable moment: Just starting to ride after years away from a bike.

Most fun ever had on a bike: Think just riding with my kids. although today I am hoping to trail ride for the first time.

No one I know rides so this forum is motivating. I really wish I had a partner to ride with. My hubby has no interest in riding, and most of the time my kids only want to ride if I take them to get candy or lunch, sigh. I enjoy reading the forum here.
    Last edited by runningteach; 06-05-2006 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by janey_826
    Explanation of your avatar: Sometimes, when everything is going just right, I feel this fast.
    I LOVE cheetahs.....your avatar is awesome. They are gorgeous animals -- God's gift for us speed freaks. I know the feeling, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by janey_826
    Most fun ever had on a bike? Just about any time I am riding with a really tight group. I LOVE the feel of being part of something bigger and faster than myself.
    Know that feeling as well, and agree. I love riding with friends, and a smooth, fast paceline is the BEST!!

Welcome to our awesome board, Jane. (everyone else, too!! Welcome!)
    ~BikeMomma
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Live: Wakefield, RI

Handle: Red head from RI

Favorite bike: bf's Eddy Merckx (it's like bike art).

In my stable: Specialized Dolce Sport (proud to have found it used last year), highschool mtb, 2 touring strays picked up on the side of the road.

Fastest speed on bike: 34.8, downhill, a few weeks ago

Most memorable moment: That would be when I didn't fall when I hit that sandy patch last Thursday. Close call!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Not ready to admit it here!

Most fun ever had on a bike: Block Island. It's a stone's throw (and a ferry ride) from home. Beautiful, hilly and magical. Go if you can, and let me know, I'll meet you there!
    Last edited by redrhodie; 06-04-2006 at 09:09 PM.

Lynn/redrhodie

I live in Providence, have a place in Narragansett!
    I agree, Block Island is beautiful and a great place to ride!

Yay Stella! Another RI girl! Thanks for letting me know you're out there. Don't see many women on road bikes down here (I know Prov is different). Maybe our paths will cross this summer. Where do you ride? Are you friends with the Circle A riders? I love those bikes!
    Last edited by redrhodie; 06-05-2006 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redrhodie
    Yay Stella! Another RI girl! Thanks for letting me know you're out there. Don't see many women on road bikes down here (I know Prov is different). Maybe our paths will cross this summer. Where do you ride? Are you friends with the Circle A riders? I love those bikes!

It varies--sometimes I ride to Bristol (on and off the bike path--never on weekends, though!); Block Island a couple of times in the summer; the Narragansett area (we have a place at Point Judith).

I don't know the Circle A crew--but I DO love their bikes! I frequent the Hub Bicycle shop in Providence and Stedman's in Wakefield. The Hub attracts a combination of roadies, commuters, messengers--very diverse crew.

Where do you ride?

Mostly I ride around Wakefield-Charlestown, Matunuck Schoolhouse Rd is my work commute (lucky me!). Used to ride back and forth on the So County bikepath, but given that up for the less crowded inland roads (Tuckertown, Minesterial, Old Coach Rd, etc). Thinking of riding to Mystic soon, but that would be my longest ride yet. Not sure I want to do it alone, but that's how I generally ride.

Haven't been to "the Hub", but think they're getting a little tired of me at Stedman's. Love that place. They're so nice! I'm still a newbie, always picking their brains for info.

So glad I found this site. You ladies all have such great advice! Reading your posts has helped me so much.
    Last edited by redrhodie; 06-05-2006 at 01:49 PM.

Welcome to the board one and all! Whew - I took of a few days and the board exploded!! It's so exciting to see so many new people! Hope to be hearing more from all of you!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Geonz
    Ain't that the truth!! I can feel 1000 coming on (do you log your miles? BikeJournal.com? Think: Team Estrogen?)

I just registered with BikeJournal.com, logged my rides so far this year and joined Team Estrogen. This is SO cool. Much better than the Excel sheet I was using. And now I am on a bike team. ME, on a team. I am so excited I can't wipe the smile off my face.

Explanation of your handle: Mrs. H

Explanation of your avatar: one coming soon

Favorite bike: Ish that's hard...only have two, hmm don't want to make one jealous of the other

What's in your stable? 2006 Cannondale r1000 (girls version) 2002 Giant Warp mt. bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 26-mph, going down a hill. Kinda going way slow at the moment...hoping to build myself up

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Will be coming soon!!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: OH, man...recently probably what I tell my family I have spent on biking!!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Thinking I was pretty hot stuff after a really great crash (got a really cool scrape/ got really banged up) then the husband goes for another run, comes back 5 minutes later with knee blown out, then making the mad dash from Lutsen to Grand Marais emergency room.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Any time I get the husband to come with me.

REALLY EXCITED to have found this forum. I bike with mostly guys, so it will be really nice to get some perspective from the ladies. Hopefully will be getting to know lots of you soon!!

Welcome to the board mrsh. Gaint Warp? not familiar with that but was in stitches about how much you've spent (and not confessed to) on biking! Thankful I live alone so I don't have to admit to anyone - including myself!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"