Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 148 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi Sandra, I recognize your name from bikejournal. Welcome!
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Where do you live: Massachusetts, in the boondocks

Explanation of your handle: I'm not very creative with forum nick names!

Explanation of your avatar: My husband's favorite photo of me

Favorite bike: Each time I get a new one it's my favorite

What's in your stable? Cannondale road bike, Specialized MTB

Fastest speed on a road bike: 53 mph, off Rabbit Ears Pass in Colorado

Another picture of yourself or your ride: I'll see if I can dig one up

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm too old to remember it and too embarassed to bring it up anyway!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Riding with my brother and my Dad (before he passed away) and pretending we were in the Tour de France

Most fun ever had on a bike: Riding the Bicycle Tour of Colorado

Hi Suzie. Are you the same Suzie Green from bikeforums? Anyway, welcome to TE!
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

Hi Claudia! Yes that's me. Someone on BF recommended this to me...I hadn't even known it existed. I'm always the last one to find out about fun stuff. Even my own kids call me Mrs Clueless.

Welcome Suzie. You share a birthday with my grandmother.
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Where do you live: Michigan

Explanation of your handle: I'm quite a prolific (or obsessive, to put it negatively) birder, and attempt to combine it with all my other hobbies/obsessions. I don't have a road bike YET, but that should be changing in the next week or so.

Explanation of your avatar: Don't have one yet.

Favorite bike: I don't really have one yet, as I'm new to this!

What's in your stable? Gary Fisher MTB, soon (likely) a Specialized Allez.

Fastest speed on a road bike: Can't answer that one.

Another picture of yourself or your ride: ...Or this one!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I don't have to lie that often.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Definitely running over a fox squirrel that almost sent me flying...tried to miss it, but it changed directions at the last minute.

Most fun ever had on a bike: Riding the Kal-Haven trail near my house, when there's no one else on it.
    Last edited by Birder_on_Bike; 04-07-2009 at 04:36 AM.

Have fun with your Specialized Allez, it's a really cool bike!

I hate those kamikaze squirrels!

I love my 2005 Allez. Fast and fun!
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Where do you live? Albany, NY

Explanation of your handle: Rebelmama group - zine-book stuff

Explanation of your avatar: that I have not put one up yet!

Age (general or specific): 34

Occupation: Holistic Health Counselor, Author, Fundraiser, Mom, Domestic goddess.

Favorite bike: In search of.

What's in your stable? Our red tandem, my cannondale hybrid, a zebra roadie, and soon to be my trick roadie.

Fastest speed on a road bike? Probably around 30-35? I get scared so maybe not...

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'll get to that.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "Yeah, that was good for me too "

Most memorable moment on my bike: The kick off for a 400 mile ride with an awesome pack of riders.

Most fun ever had on a bike? This one day when I was in college, I had poison ivy and had been given steroids to calm it down (never again!) and I couldn't sleep or eat and I got on my bike in the morning and road around the mountains until the sun went down that night. All through beautiful farms, waterfalls, hasidic village... loved it. Never got tired.

Getting to know you

Where do you live? Folkston, Georgia

Explanation of your handle: My name

Explanation of your avatar: I just love this picture of Albert Einstein riding a bike

Age (general or specific) 48 in June

Favorite bike: Well, the one I ride now - OCR Giant 3 - I know there are better bikes but I tend to get sentimental....

What's in your stable? Giant OCR 3

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 29 - going down a steep hill

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have very many pixs of myself - I hate having my pix taken

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I told my kids at school that I was in a rock and roll band. I was playing a CD on my computer of Jerry Lee Lewis and I told them I was the piano player. They believed me!!

Most memorable moment on my bike: I live near the Okefenokee Swamp - I was riding around the loop in the swamp and looked down my leg and there was a cottonmouth lying as I was pedalling my right foot down. Its mouth was wide opened. I about died, literally and figuratively

Most fun ever had on a bike? I did a Mardis Gras ride in St. Marys, Georgia. It was rainy and extremely windy. I always call it the best worst ride ever. I was soaked and boy was it cold. However, after I got finished, I got a deep tissue massage which made it all worth it!
    Last edited by Shaula; 04-09-2009 at 08:35 AM.
    Shaula
    2011 Specialized Ruby

Where do you live? San Diego, California

Explanation of your handle: The bike I own

Explanation of your avatar: Don't have one

Age (general or specific) 57

Favorite bike: Litespeed, Blueridge

What's in your stable? Litespeed Blueridge, Comotion Speedster tandem

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 37, Tour de Palm Springs on the back of our tandem

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Tandem
    My friends and I I'm on the left

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Can't remember, I try not to lie.

Most memorable moment on my bike: After I sold my horse and made my husband take me down to the local little bike shop to buy my first real bike since I was a kid. Couldn't keep me off the bike once I got my bike balance back.

Most fun ever had on a bike? That's a tough one, I've had so many. Probably that first bike ride down the street after I got my little mountain bike home and did my first mile -- I was thrilled!

Hi!

Where do you live? Sacramento, California

Explanation of your handle: I'm a future lawyer and tree hugging dirt worshiper.

Explanation of your avatar: N/A

Age (general or specific): nearly a quarter century

Occupation: Currently a Medical Transcriptionist while I wait for classes to start.

Favorite bike: Love Terry and Bianchi.

What's in your stable? entry-level Diamondback MTB.

Fastest speed on a road bike? N/A

Another picture of yourself or your ride? None yet!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "Yeah, I made it from scratch!" as someone complimented me on my homemade bread.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Helping my mom get back to riding after a knee/hand accident. She hadn't ridden in over 10 years!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Anything long-distance on my MTB, but recently I had a blast trying new tricks on a trail near my house.

Where do you live? N. Illinois, almost in Wisconsin

Explanation of your handle: Long story. The heif refers to a joke between me and a friend of mine, and the zilla is because I tend to go crazy researching, and getting into a topic I'm interested in.

Explanation of your avatar: That would be my bike

Age (general or specific): 38

Favorite bike: I love my Raleigh, but I don't have experience with any others to compare

What's in your stable? 1998(99?) Raleigh SC-200

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Never been on a "road" bike. I also tend to pootle, so really fast for me is about 17 mph.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Biggest? Not sure. I try not to tell huge lies. White lies, sure, they're part of life.

Most memorable moment on my bike: After my first 10+ mile ride. I was riding on the stock saddle and it wasn't good for me (I didn't realize it then but my sit bones were straddling the sides of it). Combined with the fact that I hadn't been on a bike in years...I literally couldn't walk. The fact that I ever go back on my bike says a lot.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I enjoy pretty much everytime I get on my bike, especially when I am riding with my husband. I don't have a "most fun" moment that I can remember, though.

oo i never did this. i'll do it now!

Where do you live? Northshore, MA

Explanation of your handle: My nickname is Red, since I have red hair, and my company's name is Redd-Design.

Explanation of your avatar: bike + car

Age (general or specific): 22

Occupation: student for another semester, freelance design/photography

Favorite bike: I <3 my Trek because it's fast, but I also love my Raleigh since it was my first real road bike, and is beautiful, and I love my Columbia since it was my grandmother's bike.

What's in your stable? Gitane, Raleigh, Columbia, Trek

Fastest speed on a road bike? 45

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: This is a bit personal, but I told my parents I was still in band...and I wasn't...(played alto sax).

Most memorable moment on my bike: Getting lost with my bf at the time on a Tour de Cure Ride. Went an extra 8 miles but enjoyed all of it.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Everytime I ride, and seeing the results of the riding, and seeing new places I normally drive by, and clicking into the big ring on descents...and...and...
    - Ashley aka Redd
    Redd-Design REDD Road-Ryder

Quote Originally Posted by Teeny View Post
    Speaking of Italian, a couple of friends of mine went on a road trip to Italy last summer. One of the girls is a reasonably fluent Italian speaker as she's worked and lived in Milan for a while. However, the fluency apparently did not extend to traffic signs as they came to realise. They were driving on some small mountain roads going towards Carrara (?) regularly passing signs reading 'Rallantare'. My 'fluent' friend somehow interpreted this as meaning 'honk', so thus, they went honking down the mountain. Obviosuly, other drivers stared at them clearly thinking they were nuts. As they got back to the hotel, my friend got her dictionary out and eventually realised it meant nothing along the lines of 'honk if you can read this sign'... (Am I right in recalling that it means 'slow down'?)
    This is one funny story, and yes, you recall correctly - it does mean slow down
    Welcome to TE!
    E.'s website: www.earchphoto.com

2005 Bianchi 928C L'Una RC
    2010 BMC SLX01 racemaster
    2008 BMC TT03 Time Machine
    Campy Record and SSM Aspide naked carbon on all bikes