Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 15 of 175 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Petunia! I just walked in the door and checked the forum. Oh my gosh! Check your email. I remember the agreement and your avatar has been shipped.

I remember that first air you caught in Sisters and the shriek of surprise. Ah, I remember it well. We'll go hit the canal bank in a few weeks and go for more.

Welcome to the board Blare and Petunia! Fun stories both of you!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Where do you live? Portland, OR

Explanation of your handle: mercury is the roman messenger god

Explanation of your avatar: just signed up-- haven't gotten that far

Age (general or specific) 28

Favorite bike: the one I ride, and my only form of transportation

What's in your stable? trusty steed: Mercian road bike (it's an old one and I don't know how to figure out which one it is- I got it used. any Mercian experts out there?); stationwagon: ladies Schwinn le tour; a few rusty critical mass bikes too

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 37, coming down the coastal range

Another picture of yourself or your ride? my bf took a good one of me in a super short skirt (I don't have it though)

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: they're all white, right?

Most memorable moment on my bike: sailing up to the front door after 200 miles in three days. there was a huge hamburger ready for me that minute!

Most fun ever had on a bike? ummm.... 12 women ride to the coast, multnomah county bike fair, bike to climb (biking and rock climbing trip), blackberries along the bike paths in August, commuting everyday-- Can't decide.

and thank YOU, CorsairMac, for the welcome. Hi all new posters!

I *tried* to get an itty-bitty Balrog for an avatar, but it was still too big! The search continues ...

--B

Hey Balrog!
    Another person with a LOTR-inspired username. Yay!
    Leila

Welcome Mercury/Sarah from SadieKate/Sarah, another Mercian owner. I have a 1981 Mercian King of Mercia given to me by my hubby for Xmas years and years ago.

Email the nice folks at Mercian and give them the serial number. Voila! You will have your info and you can ask for a nice pretty new color catalogue.

I'm lusting after a Miss Mercia for a townbike, not that I NEED one. But then there is Rivendell Glorius too. Maybe I need them all!
    Last edited by SadieKate; 05-10-2005 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ered_Lithui
    Hey Balrog!
    Another person with a LOTR-inspired username. Yay!
    Leila
    Mae govannon, mellon!

(oops, I tried for a "horned smiley", but it didn't work)

This one is 100 x 100, I forget the size limit for this site

2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Oooh, thank you, Irulan!

Very nice avatar Balrog!....and how cool Irulan for finding that!.....ain't it amazing the odd things we come up with here!!

and welcome Mercury - Love the handle! and LOVE vintage bikes!...I ride a 1987 Peugeot road bike and am anxiously waiting for a friend to finish a vintage Trek road bike for me! Vintage bikes ROCK!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Where do you live? Vancouver, Canada

Explanation of your handle: I've never had a nickname, I'm just one of those people that doesn't really suit one I guess so I would give myself "chelle"

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar??

Age (general or specific) 34

Favorite bike: Honda RN01

What's in your stable? Well I ride for Santa cruz so, a SC 2006 V10 dh, a SC VPFree, a SC Blur 4cross, a SC Roadster, that's it for SC but I also have a specialized BMX for the skatepark and a xc bike. Is that enough?

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I've never clocked my road bike but at the world championships last year they had a radar gun at the top of a jump, 69 km's, that's about 45 to 50 mph

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't know how to do that here

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I told others that I was a boy for 18 yrs

Most memorable moment on my bike: We could be here for days. Any time that I have two wheels under me. Other than that my first year at the world championships, wearing my country's colours and walking in the opening ceremonies, unforgettable.

Most fun ever had on a bike? You should see me ride, I have fun every time that I ride

Hi all!

Where do you live? North Adams, Ma/Berkshires/Western part of the State

Explanation of your handle: Just me and the road

Age (general or specific) 57 on March 3

Favorite bike: Anything Italian!

What's in your stable? IronHorse Maverick/mtb
    Windsor Willow/road

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? 21mph and I was petrified!!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "Sure, these are road shoes"

Most memorable moment on my bike:After having a hip replaced 5 years ago and getting on the bike for the first time and knowing that I could finally enjoy life again. Brought tears to my eyes.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Proving to DH that I really can keep up with him!

[QUOTE=Asphaltgirl]Most memorable moment on my bike:After having a hip replaced 5 years ago and getting on the bike for the first time and knowing that I could finally enjoy life again. Brought tears to my eyes.[QUOTE]

I did the same thing on my first ride after 4 knees ops! I know exactly what you mean.

Thumbs up It's cool being bionic!

SadieKate:
    It IS a great feeling. 4 ops on your knees? You've got to be some tough lady!! I hear that those are the toughest surgeries to experience.
    Barb

chelle writes "Most fun ever had on a bike? You should see me ride, I have fun every time that I ride"

welcome to TE, chelle. What rides are you doing? Any out here like Sea Otter?
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/