Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 53 of 175 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

I'm New!! :)

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi everyone - I'm new to the message board, but I've been reading your posts for the last few weeks. I've never owned a road bike, but have been searching for the perfect one (great fit, but not crazy expensive) and finally think I've found "the one." I'm signed up to do a tri in May, so I know I will be here A LOT reading what you wonderful women have to say!! So, here I am...can't wait to learn even more about all of you

Where do you live? Bethesda, MD (Washington, DC...originally from St. Louis area)

Explanation of your handle: e-mail from college and user name for EVERYTHING

Explanation of your avatar: none...but maybe someday

Age (general or specific): 23

Former occupation: graduated from the University of Missouri in May 05...go Tigers!!

Favorite bike: hopefully the one I'm going to buy...I've decided on the Trek 1500, and now I'm just looking around for the best price in the area.

What's in your stable? I'm so new I don't have one!

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? ummm...maybe like 10 mph - riding around DC at bike stores - today (I'm SOOOO new to road bikes!)

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I promise I'll post the bike when I have it in my hot little hands

Most memorable moment on my bike: Today at the bike shop, when I took the Trek out for a spin, and I knew that bike was it...it's been a LONG search

Most fun ever had on a bike? When I "test drove" the first road bike. It wasn't the right bike, it was raining, and I was scared, but it was at that moment that I knew I was going to LOVE this sport.

Stupidest thing ever done on a bike: When I was in high school, I took a 2 hour ride with my class and rode as hard as I could and tried to stay at the top of the pack. I ended up getting dehydrated, throwing up, and almost having to go to the hospital for an IV. I now drink lots of water

That's it....ECSTATIC to buy my bike!!!

Karen, Thanks for the invite, but I'll be in Maine that weekend. Maybe another time.

Deb

Quote Originally Posted by massbikebabe
    Hi Deb;

Welcome to TE. I see you are from Wayland. You should join us all at Naked Fish on the 28th of January. We are going to bid farewell to a much beloved Spazz who is leaving us for the left coast.

karen

Introducing myself...hello out there...been reading a few weeks now

Where do you live? Kintnersville,PA
    Explanation of your handle: I'm a birdwatcher too

Explanation of your avatar: none

Age (general or specific): almost 58(this week...wheee!)

Former occupation: chemist in pharmaceutical industry

What's in your stable? don't laugh. I have a Giant sedona comfort bike

Favorite bike: don't know yet since this is the only bike I have ever ridden. I just started biking after my knees gave up(arthritis,no cushion left between bones). Started 12 Sept 2005 and rode 1000 miles by 31 Dec 2005. I am in love,enthralled and obsessed with riding every chance I get. Don't know what comes next but a friend says road bike...we'll see.

Fastest speed on a 'comfort'bike? where? when? 30.1 mph. on a downhill not far from my home...
    Another picture of yourself or your ride? not right now

Most memorable moment on my bike: Yesterday when I hit a patch of ice and lost it. Bruised spirit and very swollen area above my right knee. I'm worried a little about the knee but only that it will be too swollen to ride tomorrow!

Most fun ever had on a bike? The sense of freedom and power when I 'escape' with my bike.

Welcome, Carol! My mom took up biking when she was 59, so you've still got her beat. She's had an incredible decade with it. She joined a bike club in her town, and learned a lot about bikes and riding technique. This November, her bike club members threw a blow-out 70th birthday party for her.

Hope your knee heals up soon and that you're back on the bike before you know it!

Lise
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Giant Sedona

Hi EasterBird, Don't feel bad about the Giant Sedona! That's the same bike I was riding and loving a year ago. I loved riding that bike. It is such a comfortable ride. I put many miles on it and rode my first organized ride on it as well. I bought a road bike last May but still have the Sedona. I commute to work, weather permiting, and the roads are very messy right now so I use the Sedona as my winter commute bike. You're out there putting some serious miles on that bike! That all that matters! Keep up the good riding and hope your knee feels better soon. BikerHen

Where do you live? San Francisco, CA

Explanation of your handle: n/a

Explanation of your avatar: none

Age (general or specific): not yet 40

Former Occupation: Institutional asset management

What's in your stable? a 10-year old rhinocerous of a bike, Specialized Hard Rock

Favorite bike: don't know yet but biased towards a good road bike before I do my first century in March.

Fastest speed on a 'comfort'bike? where? when? gotta get a computer! guessing about 30 mph on a downhill local trail

Another picture of yourself or your ride? n/a

Most memorable moment on my bike: doing the Waves To Wine Multiple Sclerosis ride in Napa and doing a personal best distance and enjoying the sun, the route, the people and the fundraising cause

Most fun ever had on a bike? Climbing King's Mountain last month for the first time ever while finding some "me" time to think and meditate while I puffed upwards.

welcome to TE Elodie, hope we'll see you and the rhino on some of the Northern CA Cindy training rides with the rest of the herd.
    Last edited by Trek420; 01-08-2006 at 08:09 PM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Whew!! Took the weekend off and the board exploded!!

Deb: Vintage Bikes ROCK!!! I ride a 1987 Peugeot Avoraiz and a 1989 Trek 1100 and love them Both! I'm riding the Peugeot right now as my winter commute bike!!

Inew: my neice is currently going to UMo - Go TIGERS!!! Great idea on buying a Trek - we Trek riders are trying to take over the world so bringing another one into the fold is just part of our master plan!! Welcome to the board and of COURSE let us know when you get the bike!!

Easter: we never laugh at any bike anyone rides - it's the joy of riding that matters!! My first "get-back-into-biking" bike was a Trek Navigator 200 - 26" comfort bike. I put over 1500 miles on that thing before people started either giving me or selling me cheap their too short road bikes! (helps being short and having tall riding buddies!)

Elodie: another vintage bike! Yeeehaaa!! congrats on the MS ride and your personal best! Are you doing the MS ride this year too??

Welcome to the board everyone and hope to hear more from ya'll!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Vintage? My bike shop guys tell me the wheel on my Schwinn Racer (1968) is "pre-war" and they don't mean Viet Nam. Brass brake shoes, even :-)

My 7500FX is great, so I'm sure the 7.5 FX will be too - I don't need a road bike. (I'd suggest getting skinnier tires though if you're riding on the road.)

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho

Update!

Since I can't seem to update from post from long ago and I don't want to confuse folks, I have moved (from Placerville, CA to SLC, UT) and shattered my land speed record (now 49.something back in the summer). And I have another bike in my stable, a 2005 Titus Racer X mtb. I think everything else holds true!

(And since I can't keep the same avatar, I won't even try to explain it. As of 1-11-06, this is the "winter" avatar )

Telemark?

oooh! a freeheeler as well as a freewheeler?
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

Where do you live? Mill Valley, CA

Explanation of your handle: The climber's jersey in the Tour de France is the maillot a pois rouge (jersey with red spots). I use this shortened version quite tongue in cheek because even though I have done a lot of rides with a TON of climbing, I'll never be the best climber!!

Explanation of your avatar: Don't know enough about computers to have one!

Age (general or specific) 39

Favorite bike: WAY too many to choose from... Pinarello Dogmas are great!

What's in your stable? I have an Eddy Merckx Team SC and a Colnago Ovalmaster Ti. My daughter and I ride a Meridian tandem.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? about 59 at the Death Ride in 2005. My husband was trailing me in the car and I realized that if I went down, he'd hit me so I slowed up. Just a tad.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Um. I haven't figure out how to put pictures in yet...

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Hmm... I haven't told my mother about the night I spent in jail. Is that a lie or an omission?

Most memorable moment on my bike: Getting caught by the USPS pro team on one of their training rides in Marin in 2004. Hincapie, Pena, Noval, Ekimov, Azevedo, and me! I hung with them for 10 miles (they weren't going their usual speed), and it was fantastic! I was the only girl in the group and of course had to blurt out "Hi EKI!!" as soon as I got into the pack.

Most fun ever had on a bike? See above. Also, riding Alpe d'Huez and Mt. Ventoux in France in 2003.
    Last edited by maillotpois; 01-18-2006 at 02:57 PM.

Welcome to the board maillot! Wow - what a Most Memorable moment you had! and to ride with them for 10 miles?? - that ROCKS!! and I'm drooling over your stable! Very Nice!!

Hope to hear more from you!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Welcome m.p.! What a cool story! Lise
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Thanks for the great welcome - and Lise I love the Daschund!!!