Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 12 of 175 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

BikerHen
    I don't know if this was just a weird thing where I grew up (NJ) but let me see if you know what I mean:
    zip zap zooey zip zap

Does that mean anything to you as a vw van fan?

[QUOTE=bikerHen]Real name: Explanation of your handle: Like I said, "I aint a chick no more". But I'm a hen that's finally hitting her stride. Maybe life DOES begin at 50?!QUOTE]

I love the statement 50 is the *new* 30 ... and I couldn't agree more.

I took a cue from Oprah who said that she was looking forward to her 50th birthday and when she was finished turning 50 everyone was going to look forward to turning 50.

Biking has and continues to play an important part of helping me define who I am. I love the age that I am and will continue to be grateful for every age that I am blessed to experience.

Lisa - I hope you'll post a photo of your bike with your dogs in the carrier. DH and I have talked about getting a burley (as many of you have heard me mention in the past, we have four resident English cockers) and DH's dog, Lucy (aka The Queen of Everything) would look splendid in a burley as would any of the others

Cindy in WI
    On Yer Bike!

Quote Originally Posted by nuthatch
    Welcome Tu, Sue, and BikerHen!!

I believe we might have enough midwesterners to organize a ride like the Amici Veloce team! SJCzar, Biking Chick, Loni...I'm up for it!!
    Let's get some discussion going on this ... would be nice to find a time when we could get together!

Cindy
    On Yer Bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Biking Chick
    Let's get some discussion going on this ... would be nice to find a time when we could get together!

Cindy
    YES! You want to start a thread under "Places to Ride" North Central?

I believe we might have enough midwesterners to organize a ride like the Amici Veloce team! SJCzar, Biking Chick, Loni...I'm up for it!!
    That sounds like a great idea! I've been looking for a group in the area to get out and ride with.

Count me in ..... as long as you're willing to stop and wait up for me once in awhile. Distance doesn't seem to be as much problem since I've come back to biking, but I haven't really got my speed up to what it should be yet....especially on the hills.

With our weather now heading back into a more winterish direction, I guess I won't get to go on the long ride I had planned for Saturday. I little cold isn't bad, but I don't want to take my baby out in rain, slush or whatever it is their calling for on Sat.

Hey Nuthatch and Corsair...

Y'all can call me Shew. I think it's kind of fun. That's how nicknames get started! Ha! Thanks for the welcome. Love this board!

Huh???

Quote Originally Posted by doc
    BikerHen
    I don't know if this was just a weird thing where I grew up (NJ) but let me see if you know what I mean:
    zip zap zooey zip zap

Does that mean anything to you as a vw van fan?
    Sorry, we never talked like that. But my formative years were spent in So. California so maybe that has something to do with it! Although I do have a hard time relating any phrase that includes "zip" with a VW van. Hey! My biking style is just like my van. Slow, gasp, don't stop on the uphill because you will never get started again. Then . . . pedal like mad on the downhill So what does - zip zap zooey zip zap - mean? Inquiring minds what to know? bikerHen

Quote Originally Posted by Biking Chick
    Lisa - I hope you'll post a photo of your bike with your dogs in the carrier. DH and I have talked about getting a burley (as many of you have heard me mention in the past, we have four resident English cockers) and DH's dog, Lucy (aka The Queen of Everything) would look splendid in a burley as would any of the others

Cindy in WI
    Well we did take some pic on a ride last summer but it may take a few days to figure out how to publish them to this site. I actually did some research into dog trailers, yes, they do make trailers just for dogs! I goolged bike trailers and found a company that specializes in dog trailers. The biggest difference being the axel is located more in the center of the trailer where a dogs center of gravity would be. My lovable but cheap DH firmly declined to spend that kind of money on "a couple of dogs". So, we got a cheap version at the local department store that he modified. Having said all that, it really is a kick taking the dogs. The dogs seem to have fun as long as were moving but want out as soon as we stop. Kinda like kids! bikerHen

Biker Hen
    Here is the glossary:
    zip: a vw bug
    zip zap: a red vw bug
    zip zap zoey: a vw van
    zip zap zoey zip zap: a red vw van

I guess we're just weird in NJ

biker hen, you aren't the only quilter in this group. For all I know, I've bought fabric from you....

http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/tips/quilts.asp

Irulan
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

[QUOTE=Irulan]biker hen, you aren't the only quilter in this group. For all I know, I've bought fabric from you....

Wow! I am impressed. Very nice quilts. I can be found Wed. - Sat. at The Cozy Quilt , at the "Y". I'm either longarming or doing the retail thing. If there's a bike tied up out front - I'm there. Stop by sometime. bikerHen

Way OT, but...

Pimpin' my mum's quilts.

By the way, nice stuff Irulan, and welcome bikerHen.
    Last edited by DirtDiva; 04-23-2005 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tlkiwi
    Wow - gorgeous! I think my favorite is S-Tripping through the Tropics.
    And I second the "nice stuff" comment Irulan!

Thanks to both of you for sharing.
    --- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

Tlkiwi, your mom is an artist! How beautiful - my favorite is "Oh to be in India" - I'm a sucker for those bright colors to cheer up long midwestern winters. Now, dang you guys! I used to quilt way back before kids, chores, etc. and now you're gonna wake up my sleeping (and expensive) fabric monster. Yes, I've got the bag in the basement with about three or four quilts' worth of fabric, etc. I never got to. Must..concentrate..on...new...bike!!!

Nut "hands are shaking" hatch