Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 32 of 175 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thanks guys for the welcome.
    Corsairmac - Opera bikes are made by Pinarello and you can check them out at operabike.com.
    I think these bikes are way above my riding level but I can dream and enjoy giving my husband heart failure quoting all the prices.

If you enjoy fancy artwork on bikes check out Colnago's President I think its called, they have pics at competitivecyclist.com I think its only about $7000 best I win lotto I think.

Where do you live? Independence, MO

Explanation of your handle: I love Red and my bike is Red

Explanation of your avatar: None

Age (general or specific) 34

Favorite bike: my klein

What's in your stable? Klein 2004 Q carbon Team,old GT Timberline,Before they were sold in ****s.

Fastest speed on a road bike? Tour De Tamarack in Meadville, PA going down a steep hill at 46.3 a huge uphill was right after it so I was trying to gain as much speed as I could going into it.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have too many, nobody takes pictures of me

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: That I've never told a lie

Most memorable moment on my bike: My very first real mt bike ride Saratoga Springs NY. Falling,running into trees,having bugs,dust and blood all over me when I was done, I felt so alive, I was hooked instantly! Also when I was in the woods(Erie,PA) and I stopped for a pee break and a peacock came out of nowhere just to say "Hi" it was pretty cool. Nice way to start my day.

Most fun ever had on a bike? The first time I hooked up my 5 year old Daughter's bike to the back of my bike. She was scared at first but kept wanting to go faster and faster. We had a blast my quads paid for it the next day!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting to know you

(You'd spell that way too if someone put you to sleep for labor then woke you up with a pen in your hand ).

Where do you live? Near Akron, Ohio.

Explanation of your handle: Still thinking of a good one. One nickname is Kymber, but I didn't think a word that sounded like falling was a good idea for this. Other nickname is Trouble, so you see the problem.

Explanation of your avatar: They're cool. Will get one as soon as I figure out how.

Age (general or specific) Forties, schmorties, born the first full day of summer.

Occupation: Currently a newspaper journalist, formerly a magazine rock critic (Cleveland rocked!) .

Favorite bike: (Then) 1970 metallic purple bananna bike with streamers and a sissy bar. (Now) Trek 300 Navigator.

What's in your stable? The new trek (2005) and a rickety 10-speed.

Fastest speed on a road bike? Newbie. Don't know yet, but loving the trails.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Maybe, when I'm braver and can get over the extra junk in the trunk these bike shorts give me.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Lies??? This is an innocent face...

Most memorable moment on my bike: It wasn't me riding. Don't think I'll ever get over what I felt watching a 10 year old Iraqi boy ride a few wobbly feet last May. A roadside bomb took his legs, so he was here to get artificial ones. Once he did, there was no stopping him from doing anything. In Arabic, his name means glorius. Now he's back to God knows what with his family outside Baghdad.

Of course, in the future, I hope to get good enough at riding to schlep my bike to Europe and just see the sights.

Most fun ever had on a bike? (See above). Every time I get on my bike it feels like I'm flying, and I know I'm really still just a hill slug. But riding gives me the sense that I can get strong enough to do anything... eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekhawk
    If you enjoy fancy artwork on bikes check out Colnago's President I think its called, they have pics at competitivecyclist.com I think its only about $7000 best I win lotto I think.
    Oh yeah, I'm lusting after the LdV version of that bike. I think I'd be afraid to ride it, I'd worry I might mess up the artwork.
    2004 Colnago Chic - WTB Deva
    2008 Blue RC7 - WTB Deva
    2009 Colnago Master X-lite - WTB Deva

Welcome Kimred
    Welcome Khal

I love reading everyone stories but the one of the peacock - cracked me up!
    and the spelling of your name kymberli was a riot!

hope to see more of both of you!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Hey, I've been snooping (and enjoying, and learning from) these forums for awhile now, as I've lately gotten back into biking. Been communiting 2-3 days per week, lately, plus a fun weekend ride here and there. It's so nice to be back in the saddle.

Where do you live? St. Paul, MN

Explanation of your handle: I have a red Cannondale touring bike. Love it. Have for 20 some years.

Explanation of your avatar: It's a Mac thing. And I like cows. And dogs. And dayglo green/yellow.

Age (general or specific) 36

Favorite bike: Lately, my Trek 7200FX

What's in your stable? Trek 7200FX and Cannondale touring bike, circa 1985.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I've never had a speedometer, but whatever speed I got to while going down Mt. Constitution (on Orcas Island, WA) a few times over the summer of 1987.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Erm... I very rarely hand my camera to anyone else.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: That my brother broke that window (the one I broke) when we were kids.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Getting to the top of Constitution without getting off the bike, that same summer. In view of the 10 or so preteens I was leading on a weeklong tour. Yessssss.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Hate to admit it, but... riding last weekend on the Root River trail, in sandals. I never knew! So nice to have toe ventilation.

welcome to the board Arah! hear hear for vintage bikes eh? I own 2 vintage road bikes and have done ALL my long-distance rides on them. I keep thinking maybe someday I'll have a New road bike....but I sure would miss those vintage ones!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

wow, I must be vintage too

Wow. I hadn't yet used the term "vintage" for my bike, but I suppose it's true. It's a good old friend, though. If I ever update to a newer road/touring bike, I may have trouble getting used to shifters that aren't on the downtube.

When I (ok, my parents) bought the Cannondale, it was the lightest in the shop, then. Now it's just as heavy as my hybrid, if not heavier. Ah well, it'll make me stronger to use it.

Hi All

Where do you live? Phoenixville, PA

Explanation of your handle: I have an Allez and I am female

Explanation of your avatar: How do I get one of those?

Age (general or specific) 34

Favorite bike: The one that followed me home last night (brand new Allez Comp)

What's in your stable? road: Specialized Allez Comp, Specialized Sirrus Sport
    mtn: Schwinn Moab
    hybrid: Specialized Crossroads Elite
    kid's: Specialized Hot Rocks

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I'll let you know tonight after I break in the Allez!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? To my best knowledge none exist

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I once told a college professor that my sister died....I had missed a mid-term and needed a good excuse so she'd let me retake it. For the record, I never had a sister.

Most memorable moment on my bike: The PADutch...riding through beautiful Lancaster County, PA and homemade Amish goodies at the rest stops!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding up a big hill on the PADutch on my hybrid and passing quite a few "roadies" as they walked their bikes up the hill, then riding 35+ MPH down the other side!

Welcome Allezgirl!

I am going to PA next week and doing the covered bridge metric century...sounds like a blast...are you going to be there? ...hopefully you won't be the one wizzing by me on my road bike...hehe

http://www.lancasterbikeclub.org/cbm.php
    I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.

WElcome Allez!! I loved the "followed me home" line...so how Do ya'll get these bikes to just follow you home??.

and arah: yeah they're vintage bikes now - just like me! I have a 1985 Peugeot Avoraiz road bike and a 1989 Trek 1100 road bike, both light and both fast (Unlike me!) and both old!

Thanks Bouncy and Corsair!

Bouncy--Yes! I'm doing the Covered Bridge too, I've heard it's a great !! I'm doing it by myself since my "teammates" bailed. (There were 3 of us that rode the PADutch together, we decided to form a "team" and call ourselves the Flygirls, esp. funny since my average speed for that ride was 12 MPH and I was the fastest ) I will be on a road bike for this one (I've graduated!) If you'd like some company drop me a line!

Welcome to all who have introduced themselves recently!

I figured I could add a little to my own introduction. When I posted before I said I was unemployed - not anymore. I just got my very first teaching job this morning. I have one week to prepare myself and am very overwhelmed, but excited. and that means I'm moving from MI back to OH (and I won't have nearly as many hills to deal with - and just when i was beginning to like them )

CorsairMac sez ...so how Do ya'll get these bikes to just follow you home??"

Corsair, we just found this out...Queen sez get yourself a Park multi tool, bikes dig 'em, they follow you home.

Jaz, congrats on the new job!
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

ok - so does the Size of the tool determine the Cost of the bike following me home??