Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 159 of 175 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a while and soaking up all your excellent information, so I figured it was about time to get posting. I love this forum, and I'd love to meet other ladies in Austin that are looking for riding partners!

Where do you live? Austin, Texas

Explanation of your handle: First name and first initial of my last. Sounds exotic, right?

Explanation of your avatar: One of many bikes

Age (general or specific) 27

Favorite bike: That's a loaded question... I love both of my bikes, and I don't have anything that I'm lusting over at the moment.

What's in your stable? Mine: Trek 7.5 FX WSD (the workhorse/car), Orbea Onix Dama (the racehorse/"Baby Orbea" because my 650 wheels make it look like DH's Orbea had a little baby), DH's: Kona Dr. Dew, Orbea Onix

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Don't have a computer, but once my UPS driver friend was tailing me on my commute, he told me it was 25mph.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Just starting out, no pics of me on my bike just yet.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: My hair color.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Good: My first 25 mile ride, great weather, few cars, and a wonderful sunburn to remember it by. Bad: All in the same day--blowing a tire and subsequently crashing while riding, going back home to get DH's bike so I could make it to school, having his bike stolen while on campus (in my care...), and the battery dying on the car when we were trying to get home.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Almost everyday of my commute!
    It's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it...

--George Carlin

wanted to welcome the most recent posters here. I took a good half hour going back in time to read about who joined TE about the same time I am and who are still on here.
    SalsaMTB and Susan126 and Triskelion, we all joined within a couple months of each other.
    Hang out here, post, tell us what you love and hate and fear and conquer. I have sure learned a lot here, hope you do too.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Getting to kno you!

Where do you live? Westerville, Ohio

Explanation of your handle: Pretty simple it is my first Initial and my last name.

Age (general or specific): Almost 25

What's in your stable? 2008 Specialized Dolce Elite

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? I am still new to biking so it was like 15 mph on a flat trail.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Have yet to be made.

It's about time...

Where do you live? Central Connecticut valley. Very beautiful, very hilly!

Explanation of your handle: Sometimes I am not *so* creative

Explanation of your avatar: I hate to choose just one image to project as me!

Age (general or specific): Closing in on 40, fast

Favorite bike: Haven't met her yet

What's in your stable? Specialized Vita Elite 2010 replacing a 20 year old Fuji mountain bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?: 31.6 mph, on my only group ride so far, terrified the entire time. Speed is not my thing.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "*That* doesn't scare me." Told many, many times. Sometimes it becomes the truth!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Finishing the 1995 Trek Across Maine with my father, who wanted to ride to celebrate his complete recovery from a heart attack one year earlier. I cried like a baby, and not only because my butt and legs were on fire.

Most fun ever had on a bike?: Three days alone with Dad, cheering him up immensely by being less fit than his post-cardiac-arrest self. He's funny, great company, and hard to get time with since he's always working on some project. I hope to have the same kind of fun with my own kids when they're older!

Where do you live? Northern California

Explanation of your handle: it goes way back... and I like rabbits

Explanation of your avatar: My view on rides. A mechanic for a pro tour team somehow managed to find this shot and messaged me to tell me my cables are too long. It annoyed me at first, but now I'm just amused and make jokes about it.

Age (general or specific): 36

Favorite bike: Trek 1.5 (I assume means mean of mine bikes...)

What's in your stable? Trek 1.5, Trek 6000 (mountain hardtail), Specialized Hardrock GT Sport (mountain rigid)

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Not sure aside from it was downhill. I suspsect that it was decending Graton Road in Sonoma County last October.

Another picture of yourself or your ride?

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Um... not sure.

Most memorable moment on my bike: I once rode with Axel Merckx... okay, he caught up and dropped me immediately, but close enough.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Can't pinpoint one specific event, but I've had moments of a "cyclist's high." Feeling good on the bike and being so happy and relaxed I wanted to keep going.
    Last edited by loopybunny; 05-07-2010 at 05:52 PM.

I've been lurking for a few weeks, so I figured it was time to introduce myself!

Where do you live? Triangle, NC. Love it!

Explanation of your handle: I used to be a fitness instructor, my step-kids used to tell people that I "bounced" for a job.

Explanation of your avatar: Haven't got one yet.

Age (general or specific): 33

Favorite bike: Not sure yet.

What's in your stable? Fuji Finest 1.0, a diamondback mtn bike for puttering around with the kids, and my (very) old Peugeot road bike that is currently collecting dust.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?: 36.8, just this past Saturday, a steep decline on a group ride.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: That I don't have a tattoo, to my mum (Sorry Mum!)

Most memorable moment on my bike: London Triathlon 1999, so much fun, great atmosphere!

Most fun ever had on a bike?: I love the group rides I do these days, they push me a little bit, and lots of fun with friends!

Where do you live? Carbondale, PA

Explanation of your handle: I saw a licence plate that read "cyclist" once and thought that was cool. So I played with variations of it and came up with "psycler" instead.

Explanation of your avatar: what's and avatar? (I am guessing it is a picture)

Age (general or specific) 48

Favorite bike: I love all my bikes equally and for different reasons

What's in your stable? Jamis Aurora, Cannondale F600, an older Peugeot, and a Bicanchi Trofeo that is only half built

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 49.something on a sigle bike going down a steep hill during a triatlon

Another picture of yourself or your ride?

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I don't tell them too often, I prefer to think of them as :little white lies"

Most memorable moment on my bike: Off hand I can't think of any, I really like most of the time I spend on my bike.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Same as above. Even the bad stuff somehow doesnt seem so bad when I am riding.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	conner.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	11276  

Smile Getting to know you

Where do you live? Hinsdale, New York

Explanation of your handle: I am a bit of an Apple Geek, and I do lots of things like knit, which do not fit with my Rock N Roll Saturday nights... viola! Judy The Geek!
    Explanation of your avatar: I'll find one that fits...

Favorite bike: I don't know yet, A real one tho

What's in your stable? a silly walmart mountain bike, which my husband bought as my half of a matching pair last year. Since he's been laid off half the time since then, it'll have to do.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I'm Slooooow. IDK

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I have none, really... but i'll look

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: OMG i told a lie in first grade about my teacher... problem was i was in Corpus Christi Catholic School and her name was Sister Mary Pierre. I learned my lesson.
    Most memorable moment on my bike: i don't know

Most fun ever had on a bike? I love riding, all of them

Mostly lurked here about two years, and did not post here. Me bad. I usually don't pay much attention to the stickies

Where do you live? Woodland Hills, CA

Explanation of your handle: Tzvia is my Hebrew name.

Explanation of your avatar: Me, shortly after re-starting cycling after an 8 year hiatus. Boy, was I fat.

Age (general or specific) 50, I can't believe it.

Occupation: IT; Virus focal, network acount control and double as field tech if needed. I work for CSC and no I did not get any swag There actually was 'team' stuff on the CSC store but I did not buy any.

Favorite bike: Would love to have a BH Cristal. My S-Works Safire.

What's in your stable? Fuji Finest 3.0 (commuter built w/my parts), Spec Ruby Expert/Dura-Ace/Ultegra, Giant Anthem-W/XTR/XT, S-Works Safire.

Fastest speed on a road bike? Fast, me? Only downhill. On the flats, did hit 24 once. Once...

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Avatar is it for me. My Anthem just outside Bend Oregon.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "I will never lie to you" Jimmy Carter. That was his first lie.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Having a rattler take a swipe at me and miss both me and getting caught up in my rear wheel. I was so spooked I crashed about 10 feet up the trail, got up real fast and moved forward another 10 feet. Managed to get a picture of him- he was huge. I was lucky. He was really pissed, and crossed the trail, hissing at me as he went, then curled up under a bush on the other side. He hissed for maybe 5 minutes and it was LOUD! I had never heard one in-the-flesh, I had no idea they were that loud. He was so agitated, I wanted to be sure no one else went by until he slithered off. Finally, he stopped hissing , but the moment I started walking with the bike, he started up again even though I was maybe 20 yards away! He was mad at the world. I waited about 10 minutes and he still hissed when I started moving.

Most fun ever had on a bike? There are trails just outside the south rim of the Grand Canyon. Singletrack everywhere. Beautiful place. Quiet. My friend and I did not see another cyclist; we had the whole place to ourselves. We had packed lunches, and sat under a tree and just enjoyed a wonderful place. It was a great way to end our Flag/Sedona vacation.
    Last edited by tzvia; 05-30-2010 at 06:33 AM.
    Tzvia- rollin' slow...
    Specialized Ruby Expert/mens Bontrager Inform RXL
    Specialized SWorks Safire/mens Bontrager Inform RL
    Giant Anthem-W XT-XTR/mens Bontrager Inform RXL
    Fuji Newest 3 commuter/mens Bontrager Inform RL
    Novara E.T.A commuter/mens Bontrager Inform RL

Where do you live? Omaha, Nebraska

Explanation of your handle: I'd never loved my cankles until I started riding seriously and realized my sturdy German cankles, may not be pretty, but they can carry me anywhere without complaint. K instead of a C because my last name starts with a K

Explanation of your avatar: Me on my last training ride before my first century.

Age (general or specific) 50

Favorite bike: The one I'm riding at the moment.

What's in your stable? Trek 2.1 Triple WSD, Gary Fisher Awake

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 36, downhill, of course, in the hills north of Omaha during a training ride last week.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? See below for me with my mountain bike on Vail Pass.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "I'm fine."

Most memorable moment on my bike: Riding back after dark from a dinner in the country on an old rail trail. Absolutely dark night and my hubby and I were the only ones out there. A little spooky to say the least.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Just about any time I get on my bike and feel the wind in my hair (well, on my helmet) and watching the scenery unfold before my eyes.

Name:	P8160041.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	11344  
    Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling. ~James E. Starrs

I've been lurking around soaking up information so it's probably time for me to give up some. :-)

Where do you live? Atlanta, GA

Explanation of your handle: If you've ever seen the Bugs Bunny cartoon Transylvania 6-5000, you'll understand.

Explanation of your avatar: It's a tarapanda on a block of tofu. The tarapanda because it's cute and the tofu because I'm vegan.

Age (general or specific) 42, the answer to the ultimate question for one whole year!

Occupation: sit on my butt in front of a computer doing web stuff

Favorite bike: haven't a clue but probably something lighter than what I have

What's in your stable? 1994 or 95 Specialized Hard Rock. I've got a Terry touring saddle on it, a rack and basket on the back. Just changed out old nobbies to Continental Travel Contacts. Seem to ride smoother and handle the crappy roads around here pretty well. Also, I'm really proud of myself for changing them myself. I no longer fear a flat on the road. Changing is a piece of cake!

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I have no idea.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I stuck a pic of my on my profile. Oh, here's my bike. And my curious dog.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I wouldn't know where to start! ;-)

Most memorable moment on my bike: Back in the day when I used to ride in San Francisco, I tried to jump a curb, it looked so easy when other people did it, and ended up flat on the sidewalk.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Still working my way up to this one. Mostly I want to get comfortable enough to start using the bike instead of the car sometimes. Within 5 or 6 miles there's just about everything I need. Well, work is more like 10, but everything else. I also wouldn't hate it if I lost some weight.

Where do you live? Singapore

Explanation of your handle: People teased me about being tiny my whole life so one day, I upped and decided to use it for an online identity.

Explanation of your avatar: I can't figure out how to put one up. =s

Age (general or specific) 24

Occupation: Gym trainer/Special Ed classroom volunteer/Graduate Student

Favorite bike: Voodoo Hoodoo - the one bike that stole my heart

What's in your stable? Voodoo Sally - My Voodoo Hoodoo hardtail for offroad riding and jumping around. Electra - a Cannondale Optimo for road riding

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 34km/h one night while riding the coastal road.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Can't get the internet to cooperate with me right now...

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I told my parents I had mono to avoid having to fly to Taipei for the summer when they wanted to put me in the American School there.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Jumping a tabletop and riding down stairs for the first time.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Too much to count. 12 hour solo with Voodoo Sally. Taking Electra out on a lone ride to Malaysia. Climbing hills on either bike.

nerdgirl Guest
    Don't think I ever made a true introduction, but I suppose if you read enough of my posts you'll get the idea.

Where do you live? San Bernardino County, California

Explanation of your handle: I am an uber nerd. Used to be bullied for it, now I own it.

Explanation of your avatar: I have a degree in history. Womens social history of the 19th C is near and dear to my heart. Women on bikes= historical

Age (general or specific) 40

Favorite bike: My modded out bike that I ride, but I'd be thrilled if I could have a 2009 or 2010 Diamondback Mission 3 (I'd even be happy with a Mission 2, actually), or 2010 Specialized Pitch (Comp or Pro, either would be fab).

What's in your stable? 2009 Specialized Myka FSR Comp Komen (modded beyond belief! lol), 2007 Jamis Cross Country 3.0 (my loaner bike).

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Don't ride a road bike. How about fastest speed on a Mountain Bike? Hard to say, but I know it was more than 25 mph downhill and if I had crashed, I would have definitely broken something!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I have lots, but one is my profile pic if you clicky clicky to view my profile.
    edit: haha! I was looking at the photo and I just realized I'm bottoming out my fork in that picture! I think I know how that happened at a creek crossing, now that I think about it....

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: You think I'd share that with strangers?

Most memorable moment on my bike: So far, riding down Off the Top at Mammoth while being assaulted by 60 mph wind gusts. I was sure I was gonna go flying off those switchbacks and die at 11,000 ft! LOL Second favorite memory would be the day I figured out how to jump properly and caught some nice air. What a rush!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Mammoth Mountain Bike Park. It's like Disneyland on dirt, but even better, because you're in control of the rollercoaster Someday, I will answer this question with: Whistler!
    Last edited by nerdgirl; 06-09-2010 at 09:25 PM.

Where do you live? West Palm Beach, Forida

Explanation of your handle: It's my middle name.
    Explanation of your avatar: Um. Don't have one.

Age (general or specific) Just turned the big 4-0!

Favorite bike: Just got a Jamis Xenith Comp for my b'day.

What's in your stable? See above, also an older Jamis mountain bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Not certain, don't have a computer on the new bike yet, but I'd estimate about 23 or so on flat roads.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'm the photographer in the family, so none yet.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Wow. No clue. My teen years were pretty scary.

Most memorable moment on my bike: It happens almost every ride. That moment about 5 miles in, when the stress melts away, and you take a deep breath that *really* fills your lungs. Bliss.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Saw a little colt with his momma last week that was pretty special!

Just found this forum recently, really enjoying it so far! (You all know so much about this stuff! what a newbie I am... )

Where do you live? Madison, WI

Explanation of your handle: From my favorite character in the Song of Ice and Fire books. Been using it for a decade now, and it suits me.

Explanation of your avatar: I went to Art Fair on the Square 5 years ago and saw this painting that I DESPERATELY wanted but didn't get, because my then-husband was a controlling jerk who wouldn't have understood it at all. Ever since then I've thought about it and regretted not buying it anyway. I recently contacted the artist and it's no longer available. So, this avatar is all I have left. *sniffle*

Age (general or specific) 38

Occupation: Masters student in Speech-Language Pathology, and mother of a 6-year-old new bike-lover!

Favorite bike: I love my 2008 Trek 7.5 FX WSD! I don't know from other bikes though...this is the second one I've bought as an adult and I won't be buying another one for a good while.

What's in your stable? Some 2005 hybrid thing that I swear weighs more than I do.

Fastest speed on a road bike? No idea, don't clock myself.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Nope. I don't get in front of the camera much.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Someone else said it first: "I'm fine."

Most memorable moment on my bike: I enjoy all moments, really. But probably one of the best was on the old bike, when I was re-learning how to ride after 15+ years off it. I was drastically out of shape and was afraid to ride out too far in case I was too weak to get back. This one morning I ended up doing a 12-mile loop around town, culminating in a hideous hill. I was so proud that I made it! I've never again had that fear that I couldn't make my way home under my own power.

Most fun ever had on a bike? My partner and I love to ride and talk, and our son is a new (as of this spring) rider without training wheels who is obsessed with biking! I love that we're a biking family, because we always have such a good time just sharing each others' company.