Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 119 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by IFjane View Post
    I know exactly what you mean! Welcome, Teresa - and everyone else since I last visited. You will love this place - c'mon in and make yourselves at home.
    Thanks for the welcome IFjane! - j.

"Let me tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel... the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." - Susan B. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    you went fast down THAT road?

Well, not that fast down the whole thing. My top speed was on the paved part at the top, but I went pretty fast on most of it, it wasn't that dangerous except around blind turns or when a truck or bus passed. It was unnerving to have to ride on the left (cliff) side but not as scary as I thought.

Anne

Returning newbie

Where do you live? San Francisco, CA

Explanation of your handle: It is a combination of my first and last names

Explanation of your avatar: Last year I rode with Team Dino-sore-*** for ALC 5, so that's a Dino on a bike

Age (general or specific) 48 (How the Hell did that happen!)
    Occupation: Unemployed. Trying to figure out how to not work to hard and still support myself.

Favorite bike: The bike I have
    What's in your stable? My reconstituted Trek 2100, rebuilt on to a Cervelo frame. The original Trek 2100 commited suicide (badly bent frame) this year.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I dunno

Another picture of yourself or your ride?

What is the biggest lie you've ever told:

Most memorable moment on my bike: See below

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding down the Pacific Coast Highway from Ventura to LA on last years AIDSLifeCycle. I was alternatetly laughiing and crying!
    Living a life that matters doesn’t happen by accident.
    It’s not a matter of circumstance but of choices.
    Choose to live a life that matters.-

In remembrance of Amber Stumbaugh, DVM

Real name
    Jill

Where do you live?
    Urbana, IL

Explanation of your handle
    Jill M

Explanation of your avatar
    It's a photo of my dog Fausto Coppi caught mid-lick

Age (general or specific)

Occupation
    Artist/craftperson

Favorite bike
    +(favorite bike that I own? or wish list bike?) I own--Bianchi Eros Donna, I wish--a Rambouillet would be nice!

What's in your stable
    Electra Cruiser (red hawaii), LeMond Maillot Jaune, 70-something Schwinn Paramount (pretty sky blue!), old red Ciocc (not sure if this one counts. It's hanging on the wall), Bianchi Eros Donna

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?
    Not sure but over 30, up in Bayfield WI

Another picture of yourself or your ride? This is last year in Bayfield. Need a new photo of my Bianchi!

Most memorable moment on my bike
    Not sure. I almost hit a deer once...rather, the deer almost hit me. That's memorable

Most fun ever had on a bike?
    Riding in real hills. I live in central IL. Overpasses are my hills. We go up to Bayfield WI every year and they have real hills, hard to go up, scary to come down. I can't say that was most fun, but it's fun.

Cute dog, what breed (s)?
    Even cuter name!

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

Can I change the bike I wished I own?

Yeah I can. I think a Bianchi would look nice in my living room. Maybe an Eros Donna? Or an Elle? I prefer the grips for Shimano shifters and Ultegra mmm. mmm Ultegra. But am addicted to steel. Oh what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by margo49 View Post
    Cute dog, what breed (s)?
    Even cuter name!
    Long Haired Chihuahua. He knows he's cute too!

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Welcome to you new members!!
    Looking forward to reading your posts on the forum....
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Where do you live? Marysville, WA (north of Seattle)

Explanation of your handle: It's my first and middle name.

Explanation of your avatar: I don't have one yet

Age (general or specific) 34

Favorite bike: I don't know enough about them to have a favorite.

What's in your stable? The only cycle in the garage without a motor on it is a Marin, Lucas Valley

Fastest speed on a road bike? Don't know - I'll keep you posted

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'll have to work on this one

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: That I can speak Swahili

Most memorable moment on my bike: I was about 8 - riding a tandem with my sister in the driver's seat. I ended up with a broken collar bone.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I'm still working on the fun part - I'm sure there are many fun times to come.
    "I have bursts of being a lady, but it doesn't last long." ~Shelley Winters

you mean breaking your collar bone wasn't fun?

welcome to the forum!

Where do you live? Tucson, AZ

Explanation of your handle: We see a lot of coyotes out here.

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar??

Age (general or specific) 44 Just the other day!

Occupation: Programmer Analyst - not sure what the analyst part is about but what the heck.

Favorite bike: I would love to have a TerraTrike Race - very fast 3 wheel recumbent. http://wizwheelz.com/ttrace.htm

What's in your stable? Purple Mongoose Avalone from like the late 90s

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 25 mph on the Santa Cruz multi use path going under a road last summer during monsoon - wind to my back.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have and pixs yet.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't remember, which means I've either told too many, or I don't lie! (I'll let ya'll pick!)

Most memorable moment on my bike aka How I Got a Free Mountian Bike : When I first moved to Oakland, CA I had the battery in my car stolen 3 times in less then a week. I got a chain lock and secured the hood well. After a while I thought maybe someone was breaking into my car so I devised an alarm system...temple bell on the driver side window handle and diet coke cans along the passanger side door. One night my partner shakes me awake and tells me someone is breaking into the car, she heard the bell. I'm like no, its ok. Then I hear cans falling. I jump up and look out the window. At first I can't see any but my partner is on the phone with 911 and she can see them. Finally I see some guy with his legs hanging out my driver side door. I run out my apartment, down the stairs and I fly out the front of the building shouting 'Hey, thats my car!". Turns out it was 3 young men about 14-16 years old. I think I scared the beegeebees out of them...some crazy white chic in boxers and a tee, no shoes, hair going every which way. Anyway they run off all three trying to jump on one bike. I go down the steps to survey the damage....I see a mountain bike laying down in front of my car. I pick it up and put it on the steps. One of the kids comes running back, asking me really nice for his bike back. I let him know all he has to do is wait for the cops. Off in the distance we can hear the sirens, he runs off without his bike. I thought the cops would want it to get finger prints off. They were not interested and told me to keep it. I road it around town for a number of years. It was my first mountian bike. Not a bad deal when its free.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Taking the Road I class. It was the first time I've ridden in a group. It was a Women's class and was very empowering and full of information.

coyote, GREAT STORY!

welcome to TE. I like your alarm system.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

It's been a while since I was able to check this thread... welcome all new TE'ers. Feel free to clip in and join us for a ride. This is an amazing site full of caring women. Above all, there are no stupid questions. I have learned a great deal about biking, life and myself on here. So have fun, feel free to come chat with us, teach and be taught. I've met quite a few of the ladies on this forum so far and each encounter has been incredible.

Happy riding and be safe.
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne

Thanks mimitabby. The alarm system was most affordable!

Also, I just want to say I think this forum is great. I am learning so much about biking here and I love all the support. It is cool that we have a community like this.

Where do you live? Blackfoot, Idaho. The potato capital of Idaho.

Explanation of your handle: Well, at first I thought that it would make me a faster rider but now I realize that it should be changed to Flybyeme I am working on getting faster, much to the dismay of my legs.

Explanation of your avatar: I waited until I was an "official" rider, this picture of me is a Personal Best or First or huge milestone, or mini - midlife crisis at a women's only ride in Utah.

Age (general or specific) Generally, yes, I am aging. Specifically, that would be to age 35

Occupation: Social Worker - case manager for a private counseling agency.

Favorite bike: The one with the most memories so far has been the one I had when I was about 8 with the banana seat and the flag. It had a nice basket, too. My Giant, however, is quickly catching up.

What's in your stable? Nine million kids bikes and my Giant. I am considering upgrading, as this really isn't enough bike for me, really. Honestly. Truly. It is a NEED, not a want

Fastest speed on a road bike? 36.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Look for the Little Red Riding Hood Ride Reports Thread.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Hmmm, probably that I was involved in lots of sports in high school. I moved to a new school and wanted to be "in", so I fibbed. I reported that I was a great basketball and volleyball starter. HA!! What a lie!

Most memorable moment on my bike: The first time I rode 40 miles.

Most fun ever had on a bike? That same trip. Everything about it was fun. I rode to a neighboring city on Mother's Day and showed up at my mom's door. My husband and kids picked me up after I had a shower and changed and took me out to dinner! Now that's a mother's day!!!