Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 127 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2614

Getting to Know You!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Where do you live? Jamestown, RI

Explanation of your handle: My daughter is on this site - her handle is Beane

Explanation of your avatar: Haven't done one yet

Favorite bike: 1988 Georgena Terry Touring Bike

What's in your stable?: Trek 1500

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?: 32 this year in RI, but pretty sure a bit more than that when biking in Vermont

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Did not tell someone (who had a right to know) how many dogs I really had.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Turning around to talk to my daughter, swerving into her and crashing. Her brand new bike got wrecked the first day out.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding on the Washington DC rails to trails, and stopping in Georgetown for lunch.

Getting to know you

I'm new to TE...so far I'm really liking what I see.

Where do you live? Sanborn, NY

Explanation of your handle: First name and middle initial. I just know that you're awed by my originality.

Explanation of your avatar: no explanation necessary

Age (general or specific) 54 on July 8th

Occupation: Professional Homemaker and mother of three college students

Favorite bike: my current love: Specialized Dolce Sport

What's in your stable? 37-year-old Schwinn SuperSport that I purchased with money earned at my very first job, my Dolce and a soon-to-be-acquired Trek 6000 mtb (picking it up tomorrow from the lbs ).

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Upper 20s-mph heading down the Niagara Escarpment over the summer (think: Niagara Falls)

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Nothing on our website yet. I'll have to work on that.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Gosh, off-hand I can't think of one. I'll have to think about that.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Just yesterday as I was returning home from a ride a red-tail hawk pounced on something about 10 feet in front of me. Got spooked when it realized I was there...it spooked me, too! It was beautiful.

Most fun ever had on a bike? DH and I rode up to Lake Ontario and along the lake road. When we got home we discovered that we'd ridden over 50 miles. Beautiful weather, good company, beautiful countryside. I'd LOVE to try some real touring.

Jane in WNY

Welcome Mama Beane! I'm in Newport! Do you ever ride over here?

If you're looking for a steel bike, you should check out "circle a cycles". They're custom built right in Providence. They're gorgeous. Here's a link to their website:

http://www.circleacycles.com/bicycle...dan%20p&type=1

rr

Hi RedRhodie - being new I never thought to check out the "getting to know you section". I would love to ride in Newport sometime - Mostly I ride in Jamestown - I like the Beavertail loop, and I also like to go to to the train station and do the South Kingstown bike trail. I am not sure of your level of riding - I have not been riding as much as I should have, and I wouldn't want to drag you down. I would also like to try the Blackstone trail.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneE View Post

Most memorable moment on my bike: Just yesterday as I was returning home from a ride a red-tail hawk pounced on something about 10 feet in front of me. Got spooked when it realized I was there...it spooked me, too! It was beautiful.

Wow!
    Awesome!
    Don't you just feel it's so special when you have such an unexpected and unmediated encounter with Another Sentient Being

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

Welcome Mama Beane and JaneE! (by the way, I love your name, JaneE )
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

Welcome one and all! How wonderful to see so many new faces!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Beane View Post
    Hi RedRhodie - being new I never thought to check out the "getting to know you section". I would love to ride in Newport sometime - Mostly I ride in Jamestown - I like the Beavertail loop, and I also like to go to to the train station and do the South Kingstown bike trail. I am not sure of your level of riding - I have not been riding as much as I should have, and I wouldn't want to drag you down. I would also like to try the Blackstone trail.
    Hey Mama, I am also in RI - I work in Jamestown and live in West Kingston. Redrhodie and I have ridden together, averaged about 13/15 mph pace, mostly flat in SK/Narr/Charlestown areas. I also ride with my DH who makes me do more hills and faster.

Would love to meet up for a ride some time.
    Meet ya at Slice?
    Indy
    I can do five more miles.

Getting to know you

Quote Originally Posted by IFjane View Post
    Welcome Mama Beane and JaneE! (by the way, I love your name, JaneE )
    Thanks for the welcome! I like your name, too.

I was just going to pop in to ask a question or two and now I wanna be on the Team!

elizabeth

Where do you live?
    portand oregon

Explanation of your handle:
    the funky initials my parents gave me

Explanation of your avatar:
    a collie moving out in a sweet effortless trot...how I came back to bicycles...to help my own collie maintain that pace for a mile or two.

Age (general or specific)
    just turned five-o on july 18

artist, writer, teacher

Favorite bike:
    someday a butterscotch Saluki or a shiny black Waterford or a Dutch bike

What's in your stable?
    Specialized Globe Comp IG8----a Morgan horse of a bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?
    pending

Another picture of yourself or your ride?
    see below

What is the biggest lie you've ever told:
    When I was in sixth grade, at a sleepover with my girlfriends, I told a long and elaborate story about sitting next to Tom Jones (yes, the Welshman...hey I was 12) on a x country plane trip. I really think they believed me.

Most memorable moment on my bike:
    For some reason I always think about a summer I spent at home (in Newton MA) after my freshman year in college. I would bike over to the cemetary and ride the paths as if it were a steeplchase and all the bumps and cracks were jumps. It was pretty cool. I did it most every evening.

Most fun ever had on a bike?
    Once I did a tour of Wales and I was riding in Pembrokeshire. One day it happened that Tom Jones was driving by the group on a remote road and he recognized me....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1400.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	4449  

I guess its about time...

Where do you live? Sacramento, CA

Explanation of your handle: Nic-Name and a number I can remember - not too creative on that one.

Explanation of your avatar: My first-born child, Oscar, sucking on my second born child's pacifier.

Favorite bike: My daughter's 12 inch pink one and my blue banana seat schwinn I still wish I had and of course my new Wilier...beautiful and racy.

What's in your stable?: 2008 Wilier Izoard and 2006 Trek 2100

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?: 43, Auburn Folsom Road when I was still very green to the sport and hadn't seen someone crash yet...now its a little slower...but not much

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Mmmmmm.....

Most memorable moment on my bike: Its always about 10 miles into a ride when I get warmed up and just can't imagine being anywhere else at that point and time.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I know there is soooo much more fun to be had but I think its early in the mornings when its just me and my bike and the world is waking up. Turkey, quail, coyote, dove, rabbits, geese...love the wildlife in the morning.

Where do you live? Grey Forest, Texas

Explanation of your handle: I'm not very imaginative today.

Explanation of your avatar: A friend sent a link to an avatar creation site, and there I am

Favorite bike: 2007 Trek 5000

What's in your stable?: Trek 5000 (only bike I have, so far)

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?: Low 30's on a big hill near home. It was just a couple of weeks ago and was simultaneously terrifying and terrific.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'd have to think on that one.

Most memorable moment on my bike: First day with clipless pedals, I was going up a hill, slowed down too much and couldn't get my shoes out of the pedals. I fell over like the guy on the tricycle on Laugh-In.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Making it up a large hill without having to walk the bike. I was afraid to try that hill and I did it the first time.

I was very happy to find this board, I've been lurking for a while and had a lot of questions answered. Thanks everyone!
    Oh boy. How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm once they've seen Karl Hungus?

Hi!

Where do you live? Santa Rosa, CA

Explanation of your handle: My friends call me Sassy

Explanation of your avatar: Right now it's a pic from my most recent camping trip... I'm still trying to track down a picture of me on a bike!

Age (general or specific): 22

Favorite bike: I'm lusting after a lugged steel track bike right now, but the list is endless and includes at least one per discipline!

What's in your stable? Cannondale Caad 9 Optimo 3, Electra June

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 42.3, Mammoth High Sierra Century on the last descent... SOOO FUN!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I never take pictures, I need to get a smaller digital camera!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Mm... I can't think of any. Does that mean I believe them all?

Most memorable moment on my bike: Getting through the second day of Waves to Wine with a fever and HORRIBLE stomach ache. I just kept thinking about everything my mom has endured because of her MS.

Most fun ever had on a bike? First day of Waves to Wine, riding on Highway 1 RIPPING through the turns!

I'm fairly new to cycling (blew out my knee skiing last winter and started riding for rehab) but I'm absolutely ADDICTED. If anyone lives in the area and wants to go for a ride let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by sassyc View Post

oooohoooohooooh.......Can I be your new best friend??? (or your mom?)
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

Tori

Who is Karl Hungus? Is that a dumb question?