Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 104 of 175 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Jane! Great to *see* you on the TE boards! I have the Share the Road license plate too!
    Last edited by jeannierides; 11-02-2006 at 07:00 AM. Reason: to add a comment
    "The bicycle was the first machine to redefine successfully the notion of what is feminine. The bicycle came to symbolize something very precious to women - their independence."—Sally Fox

Finally got around to introducing myself! Apologies if anyone is uncomfortable by unintroduced lurkers like me, just lack of time.

Where do you live? Oslo, Norway

Explanation of your handle: Boring, boring, just my initials and used for everything at work. The P stands for my mothers maiden name Perine, originally "Perrin" and French Huguenot. Her family is American but she moved to Norway to study when she was 18 and stayed.

Explanation of your avatar: my beloved red Trek 6000, now 8 years old and getting a little cranky.

Age (general or specific) 37

Favorite bike: um, don't really know much about models

What's in your stable? just said beloved red Trek, soon to be joined by a hybrid, probably another trek

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Not a road bike though I use it on roads. Just bought a speedometer recently, and it shows max speed 59,2 kph.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Lessee if I can paste this in, cropped from a photo from this summer.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "No it's ok, I don't mind."
    I am an appallingly *good* liar...

Most memorable moment on my bike: Hm, I mostly commute, which is exciting and fun and sometimes terrifying, but not really memorable that way.

Most fun ever had on a bike? See last answer... wheeling blithely past cars stuck in snowdrifts because the bike path got plowed first is a lot of fun...

PS. Another one, long story short: my bf is a tad taller than me, very slender and a natural athlete, needs hardly any exercise at all to stay fit. I'm the opposite, heavy boned and need a lot of regular exercise. So last Sunday we biked down to town to go to a climbing gym, and I first dropped him on the bike, second climbed rings around him, and then dropped him going home... I was pretty pleased ;-) The past few months have paid off.
    Last edited by lph; 08-13-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

get on the bike!

Hey Jeannie! Great to see you, too - thanks for recommending this site. I see lots of hours ahead browsing and chatting.

And why are you online and not out on the bike on a beautiful day like today?
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

Haha, Jane... original problem with riding alone... I am, however, heading for the local park w/running shoes and camera. The leaves are beautiful this year in Virginia, don't you think?!

<<apologies to everyone for hijacking the thread, Jane and I met on the - dare I say it? - Terry site>>
    "The bicycle was the first machine to redefine successfully the notion of what is feminine. The bicycle came to symbolize something very precious to women - their independence."—Sally Fox

Where do you live? Western Massachusetts AKA the Hilltowns or foothills of the Berkshires

Explanation of your handle: The name of my Sengal parrot, Bambu (I am also very involved in parrot/bird welfare, rescue and adoption)

Explanation of your avatar: someday- dial-up is not conducive to downloading pictures

Age (general or specific) 53 in January - Nice to see so many active 50ish women here!

Occupation: Business analyst in IT dept of an insurance company

Favorite bike: Currently own a Terry Susan B hybrid, but already drooling over a Bianchi or Orbea (Thanks a lot-it's all your fault, TE!)

What's in your stable? 2006 Terry Susan B hybrid (bought in July)

Fastest speed on a road bike? approximately 23 MPH going down one of the many hills around here

Another picture of yourself or your ride? See avatar section above

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: No, I didn't eat all that chocolate! Of course, my BF doesn't eat many sweets, and I can't blame it on the parrots or cat!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Making it up one of the difficult hills near my house for the first time after about 3 weeks of riding- a real sense of accomplishment!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding around Otis Reservoir with BF this summer-a beautiful ride that goes around the lake and through a campground.

Quote Originally Posted by bambu101 View Post

Where do you live? Western Massachusetts AKA the Hilltowns or foothills of the Berkshires.
    Hey Wendy! I grew up in Pittsfield - aka the Metropolis of the Berkshires, better known as the Pitts. I have some family still living in Cheshire.

If I ever get back out there we'll have to get together with Lisa SH for a ride.

jobob- I am pleasantly surprised to discover a few people here at TE im my area. I know that Nancielle is from the area and currently living in Pittsfield. There is also someone from Turners Falls (sorry, can't remenber who). oops- it is Im4smiley (just saw her picture posted in the Let's See You on your Bike thread)
    Last edited by bambu101; 11-07-2006 at 05:42 PM.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    I'm about 50 minute drive southwest of Pittsfield, in Columbia County NY.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa S.H. View Post
    I'm about 50 minute drive southwest of Pittsfield, in Columbia County NY.
    Heh, when I moved out to California my perception of distance changed dramatically. When I grew up an hours' drive anyplace was considered a Big Deal (what! Drive to Springfield! ). Where I live now, a 50 minute drive is considered a "reasonable" commute

Where do you live? Salt Lake City, Utah

Explanation of your handle: I am an identical twin who likes to keep her other personality close by in thought....

Explanation of your avatar: don't have one, yet

Age (general or specific) 53 and getting younger daily

Occupation: old mainframe programmer, stuck in the new world of techno babble...

What's in your stable? roadbike: Lightspeed Bella; commuter bike: Trek 6500

Fastest speed on a bike? on my commute home, I go by way of 8th South in SLC...from 13th East to 7th East, I can reach speeds up to 40 mph...I don't anymore because age and caution has told be to keep my hands on the brakes.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Growing up, "she did it", pointing my finger at my twin sister ....

Along the North Dakota Northern Tier Route
    Where do you live? Rugby, ND

Explanation of your handle:New rider and I am likin' bikin' !

Explanation of your avatar: Don't know how to get one, lack computer skills

Age (general or specific) 37

Favorite bike: Cannondale T2000 and my R500

What's in your stable? Cannondale R500 Feminine, Schwinn High Sierra MTB

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 26mph every time the North Dakota wind is at my back! With some winds I could go faster but am too afraid!!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Lack computer skills to put one on. Have to take time to learn.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: To say I don't remember is a lie!

Most memorable moment on my bike: I am a new rider so no great memory moments for me yet. At this point I just love every ride.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Extra long day rides with my husband when we break at a lake, chat and watch birds play in the water.

Where do you live? melbourne Australia

Explanation of your handle: i haven't got to that either!

Explanation of your avatar: i haven't gotten to that yet! but it will probably be my tattoo

Age (general or specific) 29

Occupation: production manager for a promotions company - i make stuff in china

Favorite bike: no faves yet

What's in your stable? HUFFY!!! no seriously, yes it's a huffy at the moment soon to be a giant crx 4w or a avanti sublime1

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 34km/hr on the downside of the MCG bridge

Another picture of yourself or your ride? as soon as I have the new one i promise

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: i told someone i was an astronaut once

Most memorable moment on my bike: I'm another new rider, but i know the achievement of getting up the hills without getting off has been fantastic for me.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I remember as a kid the feeling of being at the top of the biggest hill in town and just letting my pretty bike have it's head.

Real name: Sorry, no. No offense, but there's a reason I use a handle

Where do you live? Houston, Texas

Explanation of your handle: Random name generator + Google search = 0 hits. Plus, I liked the sound of it

Explanation of your avatar: None yet - workin' on it!

Age (general or specific): Heading toward 30

Favorite bike: One that fits perfectly and never breaks! (yeah, I know - no such thing )

What's in your stable? Schwinn Woodlands

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Haven't ridden a road bike much, but I hit 21 mph in an intersection in Houston trying to get out of the way of a truck... Can we say "adrenaline-fueled sprint"? About three weeks ago.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Another? I been riding this thing for 15 years and I don't even got one!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Mmmm.... Nope. Don't think I'll share that, either :P

Most memorable moment on my bike: Do childhood mishaps count? I once rode down a hill on a borrowed bike without working brakes (unbeknownst to me until I tried to use them!) and hit an apartment building. I clearly remember that long moment of *knowing* I was going to crash and deciding whether to hit the wall or the car... Etched forever in memory! To this day I'm not entirely sure how I survived my childhood

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding along the top of Skyline Drive in Canon City, Colorado. After a helluva climb up, the road follows the ridge - up and down and up and down - like a roller coaster It was like flying - no ground on either side, just sky and wind. Talk about a rush!
    Last edited by Aseradyn; 11-15-2006 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    Finally got around to introducing myself! Apologies if anyone is uncomfortable by unintroduced lurkers like me, just lack of time.

Where do you live? Oslo, Norway

Most fun ever had on a bike? See last answer... wheeling blithely past cars stuck in snowdrifts because the bike path got plowed first is a lot of fun...

PS. Another one, long story short: my bf is a tad taller than me, very slender and a natural athlete, needs hardly any exercise at all to stay fit. I'm the opposite, heavy boned and need a lot of regular exercise. So last Sunday we biked down to town to go to a climbing gym, and I first dropped him on the bike, second climbed rings around him, and then dropped him going home... I was pretty pleased ;-) The past few months have paid off.
    Hey Laila
    glad to "meet" you!!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Where do you live? amongst the cornfields of Illinois

Explanation of your handle: just thought it sounded good

Explanation of your avatar: don't have one

What's in your stable? A 1970's Peugeot road bike and a 2000 Schwinn Sierra hybrid

Fastest speed on a bike? I'm more concerned with staying ON the bike

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'll have to think about that one