Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 126 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Where do you live? Atlanta, GA

Explanation of your handle: My name!

Explanation of your avatar: My bike

Favorite bike: Felt F75...my first road bike!

What's in your stable?: Many, many mountain bikes and 2 roadies.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?: 25 mph as far as I know...on the Silver Comet Trail

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Huh...couldn't say...I'm not a good liar.

Most memorable moment on my bike: My first 50 mile ride on a bike that wasn't mine..lol!

Most fun ever had on a bike? It's always fun

Quote Originally Posted by margo49 View Post
    Oh... and here was me thinking you meant something about energy flows...
    no, no special energy flows here

... chi is slang for "chicago" around here. it's kind of a new slang... so I thought I'd be hip and tri it out

Where do you live? The Heartland of America

Explanation of your handle: Hate Those Freakin' Uphills

Explanation of your avatar: What's an avatar?!

Favorite bike: Don't have one. yet

What's in your stable?: Blue Christmas present bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?: I don't have a computer, so I can't answer this.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm not a good liar

Most memorable moment on my bike: Breaking the 10 mile barrier!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Yet to come!

My husband gave me a brand new blue bike for Christmas, and I've been riding on the bike path this year. I really enjoy it. It helps me to lose weight, but I have some questions that I might post soon.

I love reading all your posts.

Welcome HTFU! I think Most of us here hate those freaking uphills - I just keep telling myself they're deformed flats! It doesn't help much...but I keep telling myself that anyway!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Hi everyone

htfu, LOVE your name! And this site is wonderful with questions.

chibiker, I thought yours was an energy thing too...kinda like ChiRunning. Good name though!

'lo to everyone else! Am reading all the rest now starting from the end.

Where do you live? the Berkshire foothills in northwest Connecticut

Explanation of your handle: I rode an old dented Giant TCR until this year so "Ogresse" is to acknowledge my very first road bike. Dented but beautiful.

Explanation of your avatar: some day!

Age (general or specific): 44 this year

Occupation: conservation volunteer, mom of 2, web designer, Photoshop addict

Favorite bike: I am loving my Fuji Team Issue and also my magenta Orbea Mitis Dama!

What's in your stable? 1994 Trek 720 hybrid, 2006 Fuji Team Issue (Dura Ace compact 50/34, DA 12-27 cassette; Speedplay pedals, Aliante saddle; 2006 Orbea Mitis Dama (Dura Ace triple; Ultegra 12-25 cassette; SRAM force brakes, Speedplay pedals, Selle Italia SLK saddle); 2001 Giant TCR 2 (FSA Gossamer 50/34; SRAM 11-26 cassette; 105 shifters)...assorted saddles, stems, bars, and lots of other niggly parts.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 49mph (downhill!), 41 on the flats in a paceline

Another picture of yourself or your ride? that's me below in a time trial, with my new hip hardware

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: um..."mommy never picks her nose!"

Most memorable moment on my bike: in August 2006 I bumped a wheel at slow speed, fell over and landed smack on the pavement, shattering my hip... I lost an inch in that leg.

Most fun ever had on a bike? in August 2007: recovered from leg break (!) and first time pacing at top speed with a group of really strong ladies into a beautiful evening sunset, followed by a huge burrito and margarita!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bike2.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	4299   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7448_3.JPG.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	4300   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bike1.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	4301   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ITT_femur.jpg 
Views:	425 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	4302  
    Last edited by Ogresse; 09-11-2007 at 07:26 AM.

Where do you live? Anthem, Arizona (North Phoenix)

Explanation of your handle: Tiffany in anthem. Not that original!

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....um a what?

Age (general or specific) 30s!

Favorite bike: I love my Fuji Finest

What's in your stable? see above

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 37.5 somewhere in North Scottsdale/Carefree just last weekend.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Not many pics of me just yet.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: can't remember

Most memorable moment on my bike: When I attempted to ride on a day it was supposed to get to be 118! Anyone in AZ may remember back in July around the 4th it was HOT. Yep, I thought I was going to pass out. Lesson learned, sometimes it is TOO hot to ride, period.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I always have fun on my bike. That's the point right?

Welcome to everyone!!!!!
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

Oh, come on htfu... you only hate them at the *time*. When you're telling us about them *afterwards* on the board you will say ": Oh yeah ...that ... " with total non-shall-ance and general shrug-eration

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

Welcome Ogresse and Tiffany!!

Ogresse: LOVE the Lipton stickers on the Obea - ok...I just love any Obea but the stickers make that one even more specialer!!

Tiffany: waves Hi from New Mexico.....lived in Chandler for close to 2 years....Anthem....is that one of the new communities??
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

better late than never

Where do you live? Madison, WI

Explanation of your handle: nickname

Explanation of your avatar: one of my dogs

Favorite bike: i really want a Gunnar roadie right now

What's in your stable?: Jamis Coda Sport for commuting and Trek 1500 wsd for weekends

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?: about 45 down a big hill (well, big for wisconsin) earlier this year

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: i prefer to call them fibs.

Most memorable moment on my bike: getting doored in Belgium; finishing my first 100k- the Dairyland Dare

Most fun ever had on a bike? lots

Quote Originally Posted by Beane View Post

Most memorable moment on my bike: .... finishing my first 100k- the Dairyland Dare
    Cough...cough....you picked the Dairyland Dare for your first 100K? Oh my, you are courageous or was that why it became memorable? Last year when the weather was nice? Or this year when they added heat to the challenge?

I stand in awe! After finishing the Door County Century this year, both DH and I decided that the 100 miles at DCC was much, much easier than the 100K at the Dairyland Dare.

welll, last year my now husband (sorry, still getting used to it...) did the 200k and of course said that I could "easily" do the 100k but just to take it as slow as necessary. He's always saying things like that (oh, that hill isn't much at all, c'mon!) and then I find out that despite a few years of riding together, he still has no idea what my idea of a challenge is... Anyway, I signed up pretty early in the year, figuring that with training I could do it. We got married this summer in Rhode Island, so we spent about 10 days there before the wedding and then a week on honeymoon after. Well, RI is flatter than WI (my parents live on an island there, which is super flat) so between that and wedding prep, we didn't do much training there. Then no biking on the honeymoon. We returned to RI, drove for two days to WI, and then the next day was the Dare . I ALMOST didn't do it but DH convinced me. I made it, slowly, but have been bitten by the organized ride bug, and I'm hoping to actually train and do the 200k next year.

when is the door county century?

Quote Originally Posted by Beane View Post
    ...and then the next day was the Dare . I ALMOST didn't do it but DH convinced me. I made it, slowly, but have been bitten by the organized ride bug, and I'm hoping to actually train and do the 200k next year.

when is the door county century?
    Wow...you've got some good legs a-building if you did it under those circumstances. I'm awed. That's an agressive ride, but the beauty of the countryside overcomes the steepness of the hills.

This year we went out for the Quadrupedal in May. Same ride organizer, so the same great support and same sadistic use of the terrain, but on a completely different route...and, of course, supporting Iowa County's no-kill shelter makes it a perfect ride.

The Door County Century was last weekend (weekend after Labor Day). It has been going for more than 25 years. It is the major fundraiser for the school district so the kids are involved as well as the PTA--they do a great job. It is flat. Half the vertical climb of the 100K Dairyland Dare (based on my GPS) and an extra 40 miles to do it in. Not so much a challenge as just a fun weekend.

Where do you live? Kansas City, MO

Explanation of your handle: Biking in KC - Actually, I wasn't feeling very creative but thought it was appropriate when I created it.

Explanation of your avatar: Dang...need to get on that.

Age (general or specific) 40

Favorite bike: mine - I'm WAY new to biking.

What's in your stable? Trek 1600 WSD (bought 9/2/07 - see, new)

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Don't know. DH has the computer on his bike...I'll have to test that. But, don't imagine its much. I'm still having trouble being on a bike for more than about 15 mi.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Don't have any...I'll have to correct that as well.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Hmmm...that I was single when I wasn't. That was during my last marriage. 3rd time is DEFINITELY a charm.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Again, I'm so new that I don't really have any to speak of except the look on non-riders faces when I say I ride about 10-12 mi 3-4 times a week. They are so easily impressed.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding with my DH. He's very fit and wanted to find an exercise we could do together (didn't I mention 3rd time was a charm). We're having fun tooling around town but are trying to find better, less trafficked routes to enjoy.