Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 125 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Real name: Teddie (actually my middle name, but what I have always been called)

Where do you live? Argyle (Dallas)

Explanation of your handle: my horse's name

Explanation of your avatar: my horse

Occupation: consultant for health care software (used to be a RN)

Favorite bike: Specialized Dolce

What's in your stable?: Keeper ( ), Specialized Dolce, Trek 7200

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?: ~34 mph down a hill (riding the breaks, I'm still a bit of a chicken)

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: It involves a friend and I telling very elaborate, far-fetched stories to a bunch of gullible guys at a craps table in Vegas (what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas )

Most memorable moment on my bike: hopefully it hasn't happened yet, because to date, it would be my first fall on my first clipless ride

Most fun ever had on a bike? Despite being a chicken, going fast down hills

Where do you live? Hancock, MI, Keweenaw Peninsula

Explanation of your handle: My first name is Diane - "Di" - and my last name means "bear"

Explanation of your avatar: lol - I just got here....I need to find one...

Age (general or specific) 30

Occupation: I just quit my job as a sonographer (ultrasound tech) to enter into Michigan Tech's pre-med program. I'll do ultrasound part time.

Favorite bike: My Trek Fuel EX-7 WSD. I will never sell it. However, it will get a friend pretty soon: the 2008 Trek Fuel EX-8 WSD. I also have a Kona Jake the Snake cyclocross. I love all my bikes.

What's in your stable? See previous. I'm also strongly considering adding a Trek 2.3 series WSD road bike into the mix.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 38 mph, Laminga Rd, outside of Houghton, MI, last week.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? You'll see one eventually.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Wow. I try not to lie.

Most memorable moment on my bike: I keep making memories. Isn't that what it's all about?

Most fun ever had on a bike? Going down the Red Trail in Copper Harbor. It reminds me of why I love mountain biking. It's easy to forget why you do something when you're trying so hard to be good at it. I also have a blast at the Pontiac Lake trail in Wateford, MI.

Where do you live? Phoenix, AZ

Explanation of your handle: It's an old nickname

Explanation of your avatar: I haven't gotten around to that yet

Occupation: looking for a new career. My old one was a stay at home mom but the kids grew up.

Favorite bike: Novara Safari

What's in your stable?: 2006 Novara Safari, 2003 Trek Navigator 200, 1996 Terry Symmetry

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?: um, 25mph? on an underpass. I've got no hills nearby.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: It is my general policy not to lie but the few I do tell I won't be sharing with the internet

Most memorable moment on my bike: A guy on a bike came around a corner too fast, saw me too late, panicked, flew by me going over the handlebars. He was laughing when he got up. I guess he was alright. He was embarrassed and hurried off.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Sunday rides with my husband.

Where do you live? Glendale, CA

Explanation of your handle: I use it on another board, and I didn't want to remember YET ANOTHER moniker.

Explanation of your avatar: None right now, but I'll probably eventually take a pic of my granny bike

Favorite bike: Well, I've only got the one!

What's in your stable?: 2008 Diamondback Wildwood Citi

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?: No idea -- I have to get one of those odometer/speedometers dohickeys, huh?

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Wouldn't you like to know?

Most memorable moment on my bike: Getting back on one for the first time in about a decade and realizing that yes -- it's STILL FUN!

Most fun ever had on a bike? See above!

Hi Thalia, I work in Glendale. Maybe when the weather cools down, we could get together for a ride and I can help you with your gears. Sometimes, after work I go to the Rose Bowl and do loops and some of the hills. With this weather though, I haven't been there in several weeks.

Nina, I would LOVE that! I have been dismayed to realize that Glendale has not one inch of bike path, bike lane, or even bike route to ride. And everyone seems to drive a ginormous SUV while talking on a cel phone, so it's been a little intimidating.

The weather has been absolutely horrible, hasn't it? I wanted to go out after work yesterday, and it was still around 95F at 6 p.m.

You're absolutly right about no place to ride in Glendale. That's why the Rose Bowl is a good place for getting used to your bike. Zoo drive around Griffith Park is Okay too, but the cars do like to speed along that route. Right now with this weather, unless you go out at 6:00 A.M., riding is just about impossible!!

Hi

Where do you live? Silver City, NM (SW region of the state)

Explanation of your handle: I thought it sounded like a neat name, thought I was making it up, then googled it up one day and found a similar spelling "zongdian" for a village in Nepal: Shangri-La

Explanation of your avatar: My husband and I moved to NM from Seattle a few years ago, and we miss the water, but now we say we live beneath "cielo del mar" : ocean in the sky, and this is why! And I am in love with the sky in NewMexico, it is always stunning. One of my sky pics that turned out.

Favorite bike: don't know that one yet

What's in your stable? Trek 5500, not mine, keeping it for a friend who is away for a year or two, and I modified it for my own use.

Fastest speed on a road bike? Well, I started cycling less than a month ago and I am afraid of going too fast down the many hills here, probably not more than 30mph coming down EmoryPass a couple weeks ago. I was last coming down the hill, it was scary seeing people a mile ahead of me, how fast they were.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? haven't figured out how to do that, I'm doing really well just cutting and pasting and rewriting this page, I'm very proud of myself for this!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: not one I'll repeat

Most memorable moment on my bike: I haven't been riding long enough to have an extraordinary memory, but I am pretty happy whenver I am out there. If (WHEN!) I complete the EnchantedCircle Century ride this Saturday in RedRiver, that will be very memorable I'm sure. I am very excited and very nervous about this ride!

Most fun ever had on a bike? see above! Always having fun so far!
    Last edited by zondian; 09-03-2007 at 02:12 PM.

Where do you live? Atlanta, GA

Explanation of your handle: I really didn't expect "Karen" to be available, but it was, so here I am!

Explanation of your avatar: My favorite way to ride: Downhill. I also reversed the colors in the image - it was street sign yellow. The blue nearly matches my bike color!

Favorite bike: My only bike: Schwinn Super Sport. I started out with a Schwinn Voyaguer hybrid, but swapped it out after I realized I'd stick with biking and needed a less squishy frame.

What's in your stable?: See above.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?: Approximately 28 miles per hour, I'd guess. Going down a large bridge-hill on the Silver Comet Trail.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Can't remember...

Most memorable moment on my bike: I'm going to have to copy Thalia here... Getting back on one for the first time in several years and realizing that yes -- it's STILL FUN! I feel like a kid again, even though I would never had pushed my body like this when I was younger!

Most fun ever had on a bike? See above!
    My new biking mantra:
    I am attached to my bike. If I start to slow down, I need to unclip. If I do not unclip, I will fall. If I unclip, I will hurt myself less if I do fall.

hello

Howdeeeeeeeeeee

C

Where do you live? San Francisco Bay Area, CA

Explanation of your handle: Isn't it obvious?

Explanation of your avatar: Working on it.

Favorite bike: um, the one I have now? (my first road bike!)

What's in your stable?: The afformentioned bike, 2007 Trek 1000 WSD

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?: Little early for that one, no?

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: wow, I don't know, its mostly just a bunch of little white lies (I think maybe I've conveniently blocked the bigger ones out)

Most memorable moment on my bike: Not on the road bike, but a head over bars downhill tumble I took biking offroad when I was sixteen in Israel. I was lucky that my worst injury was embarassment and a very colorful assortment of bruises and scrapes.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Each time is more fun than the last.

Where do you live? Atlanta, GA

Explanation of your handle: College cheer

Explanation of your avatar: My bike

Favorite bike: mine

What's in your stable?: EPX 303

Fastest speed on a road bike? 35ish?

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I've never lied. (okay, that's probably the biggest lie I've told)

Most memorable moment on my bike: Not on a road, but first time mtn. biking and making it through a stream intact!

Most fun ever had on a bike? First time mtn. biking, trailing my son and getting him into riding...each time is fun!

Where do you live? Chicago

Explanation of your handle: I live in Chicago, and love to bike

Explanation of your avatar: It's my bike!!, and I love it!!

Favorite bike: my own... Giant OCR C3 composite

What's in your stable? Just my own bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? Well going down hill on the Horrible Hilly Hundred, I got up to 30mph!!!, and then started breaking. Going flat, I've got up to about 24mph

Another picture of yourself or your ride? soon...

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: if I could remember, then it wouldn't have been a lie...

Most memorable moment on my bike: Probably doing the Horrible Hilly Hundred... it was a blast!

Most fun ever had on a bike? probably on the tours... just finished a 130mile tour in one day, took 9hrs!!, ugggh!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by chibiker View Post
    Explanation of your handle: I live in Chicago, and love to bike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh... and here was me thinking you meant something about energy flows...

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

*waves at zondian*

Hello from Albuquerque!!!! Haven't made it to Silver City yet - want to get there one day on the Harley and ride the loop!! Love the pix!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"