Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 108 of 175 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2614
    In the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Tennessee

To disable ads, please log-in.

Where do you live? Near the Smoky Mountains, East Tennessee

Explanation of your handle: Cha Cha is my bike's name. It's a fun name, lots of spirit and hard to say it without smiling!

Explanation of your avatar: if I can ever get it to upload... I'll come back and explain it!

Age (general or specific) 42

What's in your stable? Schwinn Fastback Comp 2006 (the lovely aforementioned Cha Cha); Trek Navigator 200 2001

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? downhill in a hurricane someday? ... just kidding... still riding indoors w/o speedometer so not sure yet

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Just need to get the file size small enough and she'll be posted!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: when I told my former boss "Of course I trust you!" He was such a psycho.....

Most memorable moment on my bike: I just started riding in December (06) with my dear boyfriend, who rides competitively and is quite accomplished - and yet a very patient teacher. The first day I fell off - twice - and skinned both knees. Not only was he very kind in helping soothe my wounded pride, he very gently cleaned and bandaged my injuries. What a sweetie!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Having my 6 YO daughter see me riding on my trainer and say "Mommy, I've never seen you that sweaty!"

My goal is to finish the MS 150 in October and feel good about how I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by IFjane View Post
    Zuhal - welcome! I hope you do well in all your races. Please keep us posted on your progress - those of us who do not race can experience it through you!
    Hi IFJane; oh don't worry about it. I'll tell you all of them. Already we have a race in Alanya this sunday and this is the first race of the season. And we are going to get there tomorrow. After the race I'll tell the details to you. Thanks.

Hiya Cha Cha, welcome to TE!

Electra Townie 7D

Cha Cha...for many years I was with a bank in Nashville and Memphis. Many good banking friends in Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Tri-Cities...

You live in God's Country; Silver and I used to hike in the Smokey's at least once a season.

As one of the 'token' male members, I welcome you.
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

Where do you live? Metairie, Louisiana

Explanation of your handle: not very original here

Explanation of your avatar: wearing team jersey - Essayons, Army Corps of Engineers - end of day one of the MS Tour for the Cure.

Age (general or specific): 47, June 23

Favorite bike: my Breezer

What's in your stable? Specialized Allez Sport, purchased post Katrina from a shop that drowned, but the bike didn't;
    Breezer 3 speed, purchased while I was evacuated during Hurricane Katrina;
    Ironhorse (with a cracked frame, haven't gotten around to parting it out yet).

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 33mph, downhill; hills of Mississippi on the MS Tour for the Cure last October.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? my other hobby is the Society for Creative Anachronism, where bicycles haven't been invented yet.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: we won't go there...

Most memorable moment on my bike: hoping I wouldn't crash while I was going 33, 'cause I knew that would really hurt.

Most fun ever had on a bike? riding on the levee, in the spring, after work. The weather is perfect, and I've just escaped the office. Felt like a kid going out for recess .
    Beth

getting to know you

Where do you live? Morgantown, West Virginia

Explanation of your handle: it was the first handle I used when I started emailing eons ago. I had just started college, was impressionable and thought it would be really cool to be an astronomer. Io = Jupiter's coolest moon. But then I realized the amount of math you have to know to study the stars. And Gato is spanish for cat. I loved my cat. Real deep and crafty for a teenager.

Explanation of your avatar: working on that

Age (general or specific): 31

Favorite bike: Giant OCR1

What's in your stable? Giant OCR1, Giant NRS3 (which doesn't get nearly enough attention) OOOOhhhhh and today, new Zipp 303s. I am really excited, even though it's 30 degress outside!!!

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? ummmm... i haven't fully mastered letting it all go on the downhills yet. I live in really hilly country and am a bit of scardy cat. the memory of my fastest moment was probably lost to the sweating and panting trying to catch the person in front of me in a time trial.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? gotta work on that too

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: That I could rollerblade

Most memorable moment on my bike: Finding out that climbing a hill I previously hated wasn't so bad, and the scenery was gorgeous. It really put a lot of faith in me to train.

Most fun ever had on a bike? hee hee hee. i don't know if this counts but, riding downhill on the handlebars of my husbands commuter bike, down a cobblestone street in the dark, after we met. what can I say, i married the guy. otherwise it would be a long desert ride with my sister.

Cheers! I am happy to be here. I love all your posts!!!
    siera

Where do you live? Los Angeles/South Bay area

Explanation of your handle: A friend nicknamed me Ebet many years ago and it stuck

Explanation of your avatar:

Age (general or specific) 43

What's in your stable? HP Velotechnik Street Machine (short wheelbase touring/utility recumbent), Breezer i-7 folder

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Not sure of exact mph but the Street Machine is way fast down hills. The bike has even been accused of harboring a concealed motor despite its fairly poky pilot!

Another picture of yourself or your ride?

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'll have to give that one some thought!

Most memorable moment on my bike: 2006 Santa Barbara MS 150 - inspired me to get more serious about riding and have more fun with it too

Most fun ever had on a bike? Amazing onlookers with the sheer volume of groceries that will fit in my Cobbworks panniers (recycled oyster buckets)

Gee, 3 newbys in a row!

Siera, Ebet and Beth!

Ebet, your recumbent looks very comfy, and not as low to the ground as others. Thanks for letting us see you, it helps with the imagination..

Siera, Iogato is an interesting name, in Italian io gatto would mean I , cat.

and then there's my own screen name, mimitabby, which is kind of the same thing, I, cat..

and Beth, i have similar thoughts while going down hill.

welcome you all, to TE and settle in and get to know us.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Where do you live? Portland, Oregon

Explanation of your handle: first initial-last name
    Explanation of your avatar: once I post enough to see it, me and my GRR on Cycle Oregon weekend, in Sisters, 2005 - oh, 105degree day.

Age (general or specific) will be 50 in July 2007
    Occupation: Accts Payables and Office Clerk - wholesale electrical distributor

Favorite bike: Lusting after the Merlin Cielo - if they only made a recumbent

What's in your stable? main ride - 2006 Easy Racer Ti-Rush (titanium) and 2001 ER Gold Rush (aluminum - not being ridden)

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 51mph down backside of Mt Scott, on my GRR summer 2 yrs ago - 48 on my Ti somewhere on the Oregon Coast last Sept.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'll have to find a link to someones photos - don't have mine up anywhere.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: still don't want to say it out loud

Most memorable moment on my bike: On Summit to Surf, first year on my Tour Easy, a friend (on his upright) tought me how to draft properly, and we took turns pulling, from top of Mt Hood, down to Parkdale, passing everything on the road. Felt so different and good.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Last Sept, week long, self-supported bike tour with 9 other bents - Oregon Coast from Canon Beach to Brookings. Husband, good friends, good weather, great views, led to the best vacation I have ever had.

jktgymnast Guest

Where do you live? Pennsylvania

Explanation of your handle: initials and my other sport

Explanation of your avatar: dont have one because my computer wouldn't let me upload the one i liked

Age (general or specific): 16 in may

Favorite bike: hmm...i'm not sure

What's in your stable? Diamondback ...something not sure what but its a hybrid/mountain bike and i got a trek 1000 wsd for xmas but i haven't riden it far yet

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? well on the diamondback 31.5 right outside my neighborhood, every time i come home that way.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? dont have any good ones

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: hmmm...i can't think of any

Most memorable moment on my bike: getting second place in my first race ever.

Most fun ever had on a bike? riding down this old torn up country road screaming and cockadoodledoing at the rooster, barking at the dogs and mooing with the cows with my friend

Oh my gosh there are so many new members here since I visited last week. It's hard to keep up!

WELCOME EVERYONE!
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

Quote Originally Posted by jktgymnast View Post
    Most fun ever had on a bike? riding down this old torn up country road screaming and cockadoodledoing at the rooster, barking at the dogs and mooing with the cows with my friend
    Yeah, I know this one.
    It's sometimes called "the zone", sometimes called "being at one with the Universe" (or similar spiritual-sounding term) and sometimes called stark raving mad
    Any way, once you have felt it there is no going back...

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

Quote Originally Posted by margo49 View Post
    Yeah, I know this one.
    It's sometimes called "the zone", sometimes called "being at one with the Universe" (or similar spiritual-sounding term) and sometimes called stark raving mad
    Any way, once you have felt it there is no going back...
    uh oh... i'm in trouble every time i ride to uni i pass within feet of some cows and i always "moo" good morning to them

i also talk to the rabbits, roos and the "birdie num nums"....

i'm a worse case than i thought! am i the only person who talks to animals?? please tell me there are other nutters out there
    To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived — This is to have succeeded - Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle View Post
    am i the only person who talks to animals?? please tell me there are other nutters out there
    nooooo, I love to greet animals and birds I see along my ride or walk. I break for wildlife!!! and give them pleasantries along the way

Quote Originally Posted by sbctwin View Post
    nooooo, I love to greet animals and birds I see along my ride or walk. I break for wildlife!!! and give them pleasantries along the way
    Absolutely! I love passing the time of day with the wildlife I meet along the way...BTW goats are the most interested in conversation.

Also...Hello to the newbies and welcome to TE!

Electra Townie 7D