Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 139 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Where do you live? San Mateo, CA

Explanation of your avatar: I've been pulling my kids around behind this old Scwhinn for the past 8 years.

Favorite bike: trying to figure that out...

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: hmmm... ;-)

Most memorable moment on my bike: I used to ride all over when I was younger and always loved that sense of freedom. I want find that feeling again, hence my decision to get a road bike. Now that my youngest is starting preschool in the fall, I should have some solid time to dedicate.

I'm finding some great information on this forum so far. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Grits View Post
    Hi CA,

I live in Wake Forest. Just down the road from you! I see you are doing the MS 150 in New Bern, too! It's my first time doing it. Lori
    Very cool! The New Bern MS Ride is a great one - very well supported, and loads of fun - plus a great cause. I'm riding on Team Tortoise, and you're welcome to hook up with us if you don't already have a team

tulip - Definitely. We're out of town part of the month, but will otherwise be 'round.

CA
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Where do you live? Roseburg, Or

Explanation of your avatar: don't think I have one yet

Favorite bike: my new Lemond Alpe D'Huez

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: not sure....

Most memorable moment on my bike: From now, I peddled to the top of a hill on my road bike that I had to walk up on my hybrid. From when I was younger, I used to ride everywhere! I remember when a 10 mile ride was nothing to me, now 3 miles and I am exhausted.

Welcome everyone, and especially Joanne - one day soon you will look at yourself and realize you regularly ride much further than three miles. Keep at it - it will come and you will never look back!

Hang in there and keep us posted on your progress. -jane
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

Hello, I am new, and I guess this is the place where people introduce themselves... I am fairly new in cycling, but have great ambitions for the near future. I look forward to find practical informations and tips.

Where do you live? Montreal, Canada

Explanation of your avatar: Have not got one yet.

Age (general or specific) In the 20s

Favorite bike: Specialized Tarmac

What's in your stable? Lemond Étape 2008, and an old Norco to go to work/univerity

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 38.6 km/h on a bike path a few days ago

Most memorable moment on my bike: When I got to US borders in July 2008; the furthest I had ever gone (around 60km)

Most fun ever had on a bike? Every time I overtake another cyclist.

See you around!
    Cheers,
    Historikerin

Riding in the heartland

I have been riding since August of 2007 and I love it!!

My real name: Krista

Where do you live? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Explanation of your avatar: It should be a pic of myself (middle), my husband, and our good friend and biking buddy, Christy

Age (general or specific): 27

Occupation: Early Head Start Teacher (My classroom has kids from age 0 - 3 years!!)

Favorite bike: My Scott Contessa

What's in your stable? A freebie Yukon Giant MTB

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 38 mph, going downhill, a couple of months ago during a supported ride

Most memorable moment on my bike: Watching my husband wreck. His head (with helmet!!) bounced off the road. It made me sick to see. He was alright though and even finished the ride. After that, he bought a newer, more expensive helmet, and continues to ride!!

Most fun ever had on a bike? It's always fun to ride.....
    Kvixen23

"The biggest chance we ever take in life is not taking a chance."

I've been "stalking" this forum for awhile but finally decided to register and start posting! I'm new to biking, mainly because I found my perfect bike!

Where do you live? San Diego, CA

Explanation of your handle: My first name and last name initial...I know, I'm boring.

Explanation of your avatar: Don't have one yet...

Age (general or specific): 27

Favorite bike: my Seven and DH's Calfee

What's in your stable? Seven Axiom (steel), DH's Calfee Tetra Pro, DH's Trek Mtn Bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? My fastest so far is probably 25 mph? Definitely going downhill, but I'm too scared to look down and see the speed on my computer

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I may make a new thread to post my new bike

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Don't remember...

Most memorable moment on my bike: Riding with DH and passing him on a hill...granted he was going slow to wait for me but still!

Most fun ever had on a bike? I've only been riding for a month or so, so it's all fun

Warm welcome to everyone! We all hope to see/read more of you!

Wink newcomer

I just started reading some of these postings the other day, and decided to join!

Where do you live? Rockford, IL

Explanation of your handle: I dream of living in Ireland

Explanation of your avatar: Don't have one yet...

Age (general or specific): 41

Favorite bike: my Gary Fisher

What's in your stable? Gary Fisher Zebrano

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? My fastest so far is probably 25 mph? Definitely going downhill, my bike is sort of a hybrid-hybrid, meaning bought it as a hybrid, and added a road bike seat, aero bars, etc.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Don't have one at the moment...

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Don't remember...

Most memorable moment on my bike: Passing several road bike riders in my last triathlon, with ease I might add....

Most fun ever had on a bike? riding with my Dad on his tricked-out new Schwinn....he's almost 70, and not in real good shape, but he did very well, up hills, rough terrain...

Where do you live? Santa Cruz, California

Explanation of your handle: My first name
    Explanation of your avatar: It's me on a bike with a big happy face

Age (general or specific) 43

Favorite bike: I love all four for what they do, but if I would have to choose it would be my Santa Cruz, Superlite named "Pip" (she is orange and it is short for Pippi Longstocking)

What's in your stable? as stated above, Milly=Santa Cruz Cirrus Xcountry for on the road, Townie and Crusty both cruiser bikes for schlepping groceries and such.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? August of '04, close to 50 MPH, On a tandem on Bonny Doon Road out of Santa Cruz with views of the Pacific.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? 'Gotta get around to it

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Funny, I don't lie - though for a while I did have my youngest daughter convinced that there reeealy, reeeally was a Santa Claus.

Most memorable moment on my bike: When I had just gotten into riding and did not think I could do it. My sweetie took me out to Marin. A road ride around Tomales Bay late in the afternoon, that ended in Point Reyes and dinner was wonderful. I have to say that being smitten helped!

Most fun ever had on a bike? The hiking / biking trail on the Dechuttes river in Bend, Oregon. 5 Hours of pure fun in spectacular scenery.
    Last edited by brigitte; 08-02-2008 at 02:36 PM. Reason: wrong mph calculation

Where do you live? Southeastern MA

Explanation of your handle: My two favorite things to do (not at the same time)
    Explanation of your avatar: need to get one

Age (general or specific) 45

Favorite bike: My current KHS Flite 300

What's in your stable? KHS Flite 300, Specialized Crossroads, Specialized rock hopper

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 33mph heading down on a hill on one of my first rides with the new bike

Another picture of yourself or your ride? need to get over being camera shy

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I really can't think of any

Most memorable moment on my bike: The first time I rode 25 miles last month. I have not ridden in years and ws so happy that I could manage 25 miles including what I thought were some good hills

Most fun ever had on a bike? every time I feel that I am getting faster and stronger. I am loving this

Hi! Just registered yesterday!

Where do you live? CA

Explanation of your handle: First two letters are my initials, and the "kid" part comes from my husband saying I'm no bigger than a kid. I'm actually 5'4", so really about average height.

Explanation of your avatar: None yet!

Favorite bike: My Moots YBB and Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro

What's in your stable? Same as above

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 55mph (downhill obviously!)--Several times, several locations, but I don't go that fast anymore! I was fearless in my late teens and 20's!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I have been told a couple of times that I'm TOO honest!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Completing my first century

Most fun ever had on a bike? Either the summer I spent riding near Estes Park, Colorado, or a short tour I did in the Sierras.

Where the Army send us, currently Honolulu
    Where do you live? Honolulu, HI for the time being

Explanation of your handle: I love to bake and always volunteer to bring dessert to any and every gathering. Friends in VA gave it to me.

Explanation of your avatar: Our newest four legged friend

Age (general or specific) 42

Occupation: Army wife, stay at home mom, sometime culinary student

Favorite bike: My new Scott Contessa Speedster 2008.

What's in your stable? Jamis Tangier 1994(?) and Scott Contessa Speedster 2008

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? don't know

Another picture of yourself or your ride? The kids and I just got our new bikes, pic's are coming.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I've mentally blocked those.

Most memorable moment on my bike: DH is an avid cyclist, so right now, just being able to go ride with him anytime is great.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Hmm, don't know.
    Kristen
    Army wife, mom to Jacob (11) and Sarah (10)
    Proud mom of an outstanding autism spectrum son

Where do you live? Eastern Shore of VA

Explanation of your handle: Like squirrels!

Explanation of your avatar: my bike at the head of the VA Creeper Trail

Age (general or specific) 45

What's in your stable? Raleigh Hybrid but getting a road bike soon!

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Not on road bike but on my Hybrid--34mph downhill in Blackstone, VA

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Coming soon

Most memorable moment on my bike: My first 50 mile milestone! Riding the VA Creeper Trail downhill with DH

Most fun ever had on a bike? VA. Creeper Trail

Where do you live? Glen Rock, Pennsylvania

Explanation of your handle: My name.

Explanation of your avatar: Don't have one yet, but since I don't have a pic of my on my bike, it will probably be me on a horse!

Age (general or specific) 47

Favorite bike: Currently shopping for my favorite bike

What's in your stable? Two Morgan dressage horses. Oh yes, there about 10 bikes in there too for our family of four.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Most likely descending from the town of Ronzo in Italy. It took us 6 hours to climb to Ronzo (see below). Fifteen minutes to descend. Wore out a pair of brake pads on the way down!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'll have to work on this.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: To my husband: "I've got a budget of $2K for my next bike" (as I'm looking at $4K bikes.)

Most memorable moment on my bike: Road bike wreck in August 2006.

Most fun ever had on a bike? My Honeymoon -- two + weeks of touring France and Italy in September 1990.