Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 160 of 175 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've been lurking here, with just a few posts, for some time. I think it's time to come out and start participating

Where do you live? Austin, TX. I've noticed quite a few ladies from Austin and the surrounding area here!

Explanation of your handle: I sing soprano in the choir. Just for fun.

Explanation of your avatar: I'll make one at some point, I'm sure.
    Age (general or specific): 31

Occupation: student. Going back to school as an adult has been fun!

Favorite bike: my current bike

What's in your stable? Surly LHT. My husband fails to see the point of having multiple bikes, so to keep the peace I found one bike that does everything I want.

Fastest speed on a road bike? 34, on the Surly.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Just lost the hard drive a few weeks ago and haven't put the photo software on the new one yet, so no photos, sorry.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I have reactive hypoglycemia (this is true) but my doctor doesn't know (strictly speaking, it's a lie of omission.) Long story. I manage quite well on my own, thank you.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Wiping out for the first time as an adult, picking myself up, realizing that I wasn't hurt at all, and being glad that I finally got that first fall out of the way.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Just finished a 9-day solo tour. I want more!

Where do you live? Waltham, MA

Explanation of your handle:
    * I love bunnies. (see avatar response)

Explanation of your avatar:
    * that is one of my bunnies -- Rolo. He has crazy ninja moves and likes to chew the padding that I use under my trainer.

Age (general or specific):

* Systems/Applications Engineer

Favorite bike:
    * My lovely Specialized Ruby Comp

What's in your stable?
    * 2008 Ruby Comp.

Fastest speed on a road bike?
    * unknown. Definitely over 30. i need a new bike computer. My Garmin Forerunner 305 stinks at speed estimation.

Another picture of yourself or your ride?
    * ... I plan to take some pictures of my bike, but my camera is dead and none of my cell phones capture its beauty

What is the biggest lie you've ever told:
    * I cannot lie at all. In fact, I cannot keep secrets even.

Most memorable moment on my bike:
    * whatever happiness happened on a recent outdoor ride. This week it is Thursday. I beat the rain on my commute, and I went really really fast. Smiled most of the time

Most fun ever had on a bike?
    * nothing stands out. It is usually fun. Except for flats. ...And rain when I fail to check the weather.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Oooo, Emily. I love Rolo! He looks just like my dear bridge bunny, Tasha (the Queen-of-Quite-a-Lot!). Do post about Rolo in the Show Us Your Pets thead in non-cycling! We need more bunnies there!
    And welcome to TE!!

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    Oooo, Emily. I love Rolo! He looks just like my dear bridge bunny, Tasha (the Queen-of-Quite-a-Lot!). Do post about Rolo in the Show Us Your Pets thead in non-cycling! We need more bunnies there!
    And welcome to TE!!
    Bunny pics posted!

Where do you live? Indiana (about an hour outside Chicago). But I am moving to Columbia, MO in about a month to start my PhD.

Explanation of your handle: Well, it has to do with horses (my first love). I am all about responsible breeding and against breeding horses for color. It is short for "colorisnteverything".

Explanation of your avatar: don't have one! I'm boring!

Age (general or specific): will be 23 on the 31st of August and feeling older every day :-P

Occupation: PhD Student, social case manager (internship for this summer). I do health care research for comparative politics and public policy. This summer I am helping the aged and disabled access Medicaid and trying to get an idea of how policies affect those at the micro level. It's good because I usually do macro level, national level general research on health insurance and health care. Don't get me started on health reform!

Favorite bike: My trek 1.2. It is my first "real" bike. I named her Casser because I kept falling over when learning to use the clipless pedals. Casser means beating in French.

What's in your stable? My trek 1.2 WSD and a 1977 Columbia Road Bike - "Blaze". Blaze is my commuter and holds a special place in my heart. There is something sweet about the steel and rubber grips.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 30 MPH on my last ride through a local cemetery in the rain. That was before the terrible kidney stone incident. I still haven't gotten back on the bike because of this darn weather!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? The columbia I have pics of, but not the Trek. I'm too lazy to post it though.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: That I couldn't do something. When I am scared I need an @$$ kicking to get back to something. I used to do this with the horse and now if I fall off the bike, I am like "I can't do it". I usually can, I just don't want to.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Impressing my ride group by being a new member and showing up with my 30 lb steel bike and riding 30 miles like it was nothing. I am hoping for some more memorable rides!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding down a back country road and watching the little calves in a field run with me.

Where do you live? Nebraska

Explanation of your handle: It is my initials

Explanation of your avatar: I don't have one yet...

Age (general or specific): 26

Favorite bike: My brand new Fuji! Although, I have fond memories of a teeny tiny red bike that I inherited from my older brothers when I was about 6.

What's in your stable? 2010 Fuji Finest 1.0. I just got her. She is my first road bike. I'm just starting cycling and am loving it.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 32MPH. Yesterday. Going down a hill near my house at the end of a ride.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have any yet.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: probably "nothing" in response to the question "what's wrong?"

Most memorable moment on my bike: So far it is just getting out there to ride! I'm new.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding alongside my husband is fun.

Where do you live? Colchester, CT

Explanation of your handle:I am blonde and 12 years ago when I started my job one of my salemen gave me the nickname "Barbie"...unfortunately it stuck!

Explanation of your avatar: I'll let you know when I add one

Age (general or specific) 39 on Oct. 27th

Favorite bike: my Trek

What's in your stable? Trek 1.5 triple (my 1st bike)

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 22, down hill..I am still a bit of a chicken on the downhills

Another picture of yourself or your ride? no ride pics yet!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Faking a igraine to get out of going somewhere so I could ride..is that bad?

Most memorable moment on my bike: My very 1st ride when a person I care a lot about took me out, very expirienced rider who races, and though I expected him to be impatient because of his expirience he was very good to me. (I know...sappy)

Most fun ever had on a bike? again, same person riding along the CT shoreline
    Life is a journey, we only live it once, so live the life you want to live, be the person you want people to remember, make decisions, make mistakes, if you fall, at least you tried...

Where do you live? Macedonia, Ohio

Explanation of your handle: When teaching fire safety in the schools the kindergarten kids knew I wasn't a man so they called me the "firelady" and the name stuck.

Explanation of your avatar: when I figure it out you will be the first to know

Age (general or specific) 51

Favorite bike: My old Trek, but trying to fall in love with my new Cannondale.

What's in your stable? 1980 Trek 620 touring bike. 2010 Cannondale T2

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 56 mph going downhill in TN back in the mid 80's. So excited about keeping up with the cars I never thought about crashing.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? During our up-coming trip I will get pictures.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Won't admit it

Most memorable moment on my bike: Finishing a dbl century with a 15mph average.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Camping off my bike on South Bass Island (Put in Bay) with my friend Cheryl.
    Last edited by firelady; 07-16-2010 at 05:59 AM.

Where do you live? Ocala, Florida

Explanation of your handle: I love odd movies, and LA Story is a great one. Best Californication of a name I've ever heard.

Explanation of your avatar: The orphaned baby coatamundi is just so cute. He was in a Q. Roo ecology park where huge housing and resort developments nearby are displacing the critters -

Age (general or specific): 41

Occupation: Geographical Information Services (mapping computer geek) but dream of being a fiction writer

Favorite bike: Still looking (don't tell my Schwinn)

What's in your stable? Schwinn Mesa GSX

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Ahhh - back in the old days. I easily maxed over 30 back them.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I typically avoid cameras

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I rarely lie

Most memorable moment on my bike: First mountain bike ride on my new bike at Unicoi in GA (yikes!). Did a LOT of walking that day.

Most fun ever had on a bike? As a high schooler (and it was so NOT cool then) riding my daily route. Just loved it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where do you live? Gardner, Kansas (near Kansas City)

Explanation of your handle: I've always liked yellow roses and I graduated in 1993.

Explanation of your avatar: I just liked this picture of yellow roses in a bike basket.

Age (general or specific) almost 35

Favorite bike: I don't have a favorite yet.

What's in your stable? Cannondale R1000 Caad4, and a Trek Classic Cruiser

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I think around 23mph going down a hill around my area.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? None yet to post.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I have no idea.

Most memorable moment on my bike: I am still new to riding, so the most memorable moment for me so far is when I fell over. Nothing major, but it still hurts.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Ummmm . . . I love riding my cruiser with the whole family, but I am also enjoying the new experiences on my road bike.
    Cannondale Saeco R1000 Caad4
    Trek Classic Cruiser

Where do you live? Denver, CO

Explanation of your handle: I've played marimba for years

Explanation of your avatar: me - last mtb ride for awhile

Age (general or specific): 28 (today!)

Favorite bike: whatever I buy next year when I can ride again

What's in your stable? old bottom-of-the-line Cannondale mountain bike, even older (MUCH older) motobecane 10-speed

Fastest speed on a road bike? uhh...people ride bikes on the road? Or better, how fast does a 7-year-old go on a barbie bike with streamers?

Another picture of yourself or your ride? the avatar is it.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: MOOMMM! but SHE STARTED IT!!

Most memorable moment on my bike: teaching my little sister how to ride because she was afraid of me going out by myself

Most fun ever had on a bike? last group ride I went on (til the unfortunate crash ending) - great group of people that I could keep up with, took good care of me while waiting for the ambulance

Where do you live? Southern VA

Explanation of your handle: name

Explanation of your avatar:

Occupation: jack of all trades = bus driver, secretary, sub teacher

Favorite bike: mine--diamond back lustre 2

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 31 going downhill on a back road

Most memorable moment on my bike: any times with my bestie
    Most fun ever had on a bike? again...any times with my best friend

Where do you live? Chicago area

Explanation of your handle: I am an UIowa grad and huge Hawkeye fan! Go Hawks!

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar??

Age (general or specific) 42

Favorite bike: The 'Dorkmobile' from RAGBRAI 2010

What's in your stable? Trek 2.1 Triple

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I don't know how fast I was going, but whoever said Iowa was flat is nuts.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? nuh uh

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Hmmm.....

Most memorable moment on my bike: Leaving Charles City and becoming an official RAGBRAI rider.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Seeing all the pie and pork chop stands on the RAGBRAI route and all the crazy outfits and bikes as well. I just giggled the whole time.

I know I haven't done this one yet!

Where do you live? Philadelphia, PA

Explanation of your handle: That pretty much sums up my life thus far.

Explanation of your avatar: NA

Age (general or specific) 34

Favorite bike: Lemond, Versailles

What's in your stable?
    Road: Lemond, Versaille and Bianchi, Emola
    Commuter: Giant, TranSend (my new improved version)

Fastest speed on a road bike? 114 going through the mag tag scanner at work,

Another picture of yourself or your ride? will do

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: See previous line

Most memorable moment on my bike: Riding in Southern Indiana with my lovely now boyfriend whom I hope to be with for a very very long time. I was a new rider at the time, I can't remember having more fun that I did that weekend at The Hilly 100.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Probably aside from when I met my boyfriend, it would be captaining the tandem with my Mom as my stoker on the Tour de Cure. That was a fun and funny ride, LOL! She's new at riding on a road style bike so we try to get behind everyone and they close the gate on us at the last second so we had to start at the front. She was horrified but we survived just fine.

114!?!?! zomg!
    what is a mag tag scanner?