Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 113 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Where do you live? Waimanalo, HI
    Explanation of your handle: This girl thought my name was jessica which in time turned into jessie then turned into yessi then to fefi so I figured I change it to pepe.

Explanation of your avatar: don't have one.

Age (general or specific) 25.

Favorite bike: BMX - fond memories when I was a child.

What's in your stable? Giant OCR3

Fastest speed on a road bike? I'm more of a cruizer not speedy..

Another picture of yourself or your ride? haven't figured out how to post pictures

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: hmm... I won't go there

Most memorable moment on my bike: Has to be when I was a kids riding my BMX with my cousin going to the arcade.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Everytime I ride is a fun time for me. It gives me a chance to really apreciate life and beauty. Boy did that sound lame. hehehe

Hey crazycanuck-
    I lived in Tassie for two years then Perth for 6 months (do you know Bliss- she is another Canada gurl in Perth who loves her bikes). After Perth we moved to Melbourne and up to Bendigo then down to Rye. Spent 5 years in Aus. My husband is from Perth so the next time we're there I'll look you up for a ride on the Munda bindi.

And to chickwhorips- I'm in Anchorage but am from Homer.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlou View Post
    And to chickwhorips- I'm in Anchorage but am from Homer.
    when my bike and i make it into town we'll have to go for a ride.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Chickwhorips- Where in the bush are you? If you come to town sans bike, maybe one of ours would fit you and we could go for a ride.

i am out in good ol' cold bay.

that would be great! not sure when the next time i'll be in town is, but when i am i will let you know. thanks!
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Where do you live? small town west of Philadelphia

Explanation of your handle: combination of my first name and part of my last name

Explanation of your avatar: don't have one

Age (general or specific) 30's

Favorite bike: couldn't possibly pick

What's in your stable? 2007 Lemond Versailles

Fastest speed on a road bike? 35mph

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't take too many pictures

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Just can't remember, so I guess I dont' tell too many lies

Most memorable moment on my bike: Completing the MS150 ride this past September through New Jersey. It is a great ride!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Love riding with my son- he is only three (4 in May) and can pedal his little 12" trek at 9 mph on flats! Truly amazing.

Getting to Know You!

Where do you live? Brooklyn, NY

Explanation of your handle: My favorite pair of socks is black, and they have an image of a baby chicken wearing library-lady glasses. Surprisingly like mine (when I actually wear them). A chick. With brains. (And it sez so, embroidered across the toes. Chicks With Brains!)

Explanation of your avatar: This great lodge in Costa Rica had a trampoline. Boing!

Age (general or specific) 30.

Favorite bike: The Jesus Bike! In college, a Christian fellowship was trying to get everyone to fill out a survey regarding faith and churchgoing. All surveys would be entered into a drawing to win a Schwinn Mesa GS mountain bike. I won, all for telling them what a bad Catholic I was. They prosyletized at me all the way to the bike shop 45 minutes away, and then i got fit for the proper size -- and the only color in that framesize was BRIGHT ORANGE. I still have it in the basement. All my friends tease me that it's my bicycle from Jesus.

What's in your stable? Specialized Allez Elite

Fastest speed on a road bike? I can beat the mailman but I can't catch up to my husband.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Nah. Wait till things heat up later in the season.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Well, see, that Catholic thing? Heck, the whole family was lying and didn't even know it. Except grandma. She knew we were all Jewish and converted to escape Nazi persecution in Lithuania. So it's the biggest collective lie any of us ever told, knowingly or not!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Falling over at 0 mph learning to use clipless pedals for the first time. OUCH.

Most fun ever had on a bike? My first triathlon: the Mighty North Fork. (It's what convinced me that the Jesus bike had to bow to a roadie!)

Welcome Jane, Vanessa, Amy, Lisa & anyone else who is new!

Lisa - I'm intrigued - how do you have time to be and ER doc AND play one on TV???
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

Hey Amy...you're right next to me. Lemme know if you want to ride sometime.
    "The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community." -- Ann Strong, Minneapolis Tribune, 1895

It's all about the multitasking.

Where do you live? Seattle

Explanation of your handle: first part of my name and orange is my favorite color

Explanation of your avatar: my cat- who just happens to be orange

Age (general or specific) 47

Favorite bike: my mtn. bike-Trek 8000- feels so smooth and easy to ride

What's in your stable? Trek 8000 and Soma Smoothie ES

Fastest speed on a road bike? Not sure, maybe 25mph - I don't go fast generally

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: hmmmm......

Most memorable moment on my bike: I've had many- maybe a mountain bike ride I took with some friends many years ago outside SanDiego. I was new to mtn. biking and they took me straight up a mountain road and straight down again. They flew down the hill out of sight, so I made my way down the mountain solo. It felt awesome to be riding through the woods on a dirt path.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Last fall doing a Team Lunachix sponsored night ride that took us up and down some major hills and through the woods, for about three hours, half of it in the dark (well, we had lights). I was so energized by that ride. Never had done anything quite like it before.

AllezGirl

AllezGirl- I would love to ride. As the weather gets better, I love to ride the Oaks trail. I also ride around Spring City. We will have to keep in touch.

Get to know me

Where do you live? Brooklyn, NY

Age 27

What's in your stable? Bianchi Volpe

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? 26mph in Prospect Park

Don't have photos of myself yet!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: When I was 18: "Yes, mom. I'm staying at Kim's tonight!"

Most memorable moment on my bike: Witnessing a bad accident in Brooklyn. No one was hurt.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding alongside the Verrazano bridge at Sunset. Then riding into Coney Island and eating at a good Turkish restaurant...then riding home. All in all only 25 miles or so, but since the neighborhoods are so different, it seemed as if I was worlds away.

I guess I should stop lurking and try to be social

Where do you live? Bothell, WA (about 15 N of downtown Seattle)

Explanation of your handle: sg from Soo-Gyung and born in the year of the tiger
    Explanation of your avatar: Had trouble down loading it. Oh well, I'm working on modifying it anyhow.

Age (general or specific) Will be 33 come this July 18

Favorite bike: Vanilla = Sexy
    What's in your stable? Terry Classic (selling), Rodriguez Adventure being built as I write. DH finally finished building the wheels, yeah!

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 24 going downhill in Milwaukie, OR where I used to live, as I'm a scaredy cat about going too fast. Averaged 12 mph once which is fast for me (but one has to start somewhere I guess).

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Here is a picture of me towing my daughter on a ride on July 4 this past summer.

http://www.rideyourbike.com/images/x...cleride/12.jpg

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Try not to lie but sometimes will if people press me about stuff that is not their business.

Most memorable moment on my bike: I did the Bridge Pedal in Portland a few years ago by myself because DH had drill that weekend. I was really apprehensive about doing it on my own as at the time it was the longest I have ever ridden. Everyone was so supportive and I was proud of myself for staying on my bike on all the hills and bridges. I have to admit, it was a nice feeling to pass all those people stopped or walking up the hills. Of course, I was in my granny gears. Thank goodness for granny gears.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Gee. Riding always make me grin(when I'm not whining about something not working properly, anyways) And that sure was fun riding around Seattle with friends before picnicking at a park which is when the above picture was taken. Hopefully there will be more of that happening for me soon.

Where do you live? Maine...sigh

Explanation of your handle: the second part of Marcella and the year I was born

Explanation of your avatar: don't have one cause I'm not that cool

Age (general or specific) most days 22 but actually 40

Favorite bike: the Trek Madone SL 5.9

What's in your stable? Fuji & VooDoo

Fastest speed on a road bike? downhill 41 haha

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I try not to, so I am sure it was something
    pretty small...

Most memorable moment on my bike: Either when my friend got hit by a car or getting 7 stitches after my faceplant on the voodoo...(yes I think it is cursed!)

Most fun ever had on a bike? Just about every time I go for a ride, but probably a super messy mtb ride with Gabe
    Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin!