Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 103 123451151101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Getting to Know You!

Here it is ladies! Got this off another bike forum and had great fun! Just copy and paste then change to fit you!

Where do you live? Albuquerque, New Mexico

Explanation of your handle: I think the F4U-Corsair is one of the most awesome planes ever built and my father was flight engineer for the last Corsair outfit to fly in the Navy. The Mac is part of my last name.

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar??

Age (general or specific) 46 on Dec 15th!

Favorite bike: would Love either a Rivendell or a Luna.

What's in your stable? Trek Navigator 200 2004

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 28.5, riding on one of the many bike trails here in Abq, 2004.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have very many pixs of myself - I hate having my pix taken

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't remember, which means I've either told too many, or I don't lie! (I'll let ya'll pick!)

Most memorable moment on my bike: I just got back into riding in Aug of this year and had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. I took a 30 mile ride on my birthday and saw a Bald Eagle. He wasn't that far up and was flying in lazy circles between the bike trail and the Rio Grande. It was the first time I had ever seen a Bald Eagle outside captivity. He was awe-inspiring and one of the most majestic creatures I had ever seen. I will carry that memory with me the rest of my life.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I got lost trying to find a trailhead recently and ended up in this neighbourhood of HUGE homes that I didn't even know existed. I had a blast riding around and looking at the houses!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Getting to Know You!

Where do you live? Hayward, CA

Explanation of your handle: my first customized road bike, bike thief got it just after I joined TE. 8-(

Explanation of your avatar: avatar?? I could have an avatar??

Age (general or specific) 48

Favorite bike: the one I ride, I feel lucky to have my dream bike

What's in your stable?
    Road: Mondonico Futura Legero, Campy Record, Rolf Alero Wheels
    Mountain: GT Outpost trail hardtail, nothin' special

Fastest speed on a road bike? according to my computer I've gone over 45 that had to be only for a nano second, I'm cautious...20-25 usualy and that's downhill only. Avg on flats and hills...sloooow

Another picture of yourself or your ride? there are a few on my homepage, check the www's below

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I never lie....there, that's the biggest

Most memorable moment on my bike: so many, hard to choose,one was my first true century, day 2 on the AIDS Lifecycle on the last hill towards King City, I was one of the last riders, going up the hill, rounding it and seeing the city ahead, feeling tired but knowing I'd make it and looking behind me to the mountain range and valley and seeing what we'd crossed together.

The other i would say is meeting the TE'ers for the ride up Mt. Diablo, one of the most beautiful and challenging rides and great company.

Most fun ever had on a bike? so many memories but after the Lifecycle riding down car-free Market St. in San Francisco on Pride day behind the womens motorcycle contingent and "Mikes on Bikes"

that and almost any quiet day on Alameda creek trail when the Great Blue Herons are out...
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Where do you live?: CT

Explanation of your avatar: Posing before the Angel Ride

Age (general or specific): 41

Favorite bike: Giant TCR1

What's in your stable? Giant TCR1, Giant Transend

Fastest speed on a road bike? 29 (downhill).

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm straight

Most memorable moment on my bike: Making it to the top of a killer hill in Ashford CT while participating in a charity ride.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Too many, can't pick just one!

Where do you live? Covington, Washington (near Seattle)

Explanation of your handle: It's my name :-)

Explanation of your avatar: hmmmm... I've used this one on the internets for as long as I can remember. :-)

Age (general or specific) 57 this past May (2011)

Favorite bike: My 2009 Bianchi Milano Cafe Racer

Where do you live? Antioch, CA

Explanation of your handle: Duh?!?

Explanation of your avatar: It's my dog Greta. She died a year ago October and I just haven't had the heart to change it. I really like Irulan's but haven't been able to make one half as good.

Age (general or specific) 38 on Dec 17th!

Favorite bike: My Rambouillet

What's in your stable? a Rivendell Rambouillet - better known as Fluffy, a Specialized Stumpjumper Comp, a Santana Arriva tandem, and a 12 year old Rockhopper

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 59 on a 7% grade on the back of the tandem WHEEEEE! I generallly hit the mid 30s on descents I know well. I always stay in my own lane - unlike some cars I've followed.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? If you're really interested there are a bunch on our website

TandemHearts

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I 'm a lousy liar.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Crashing my Stumpjumper on a rainy day going off the sidewalk in front of my house while wearing my slippers and no helmet. My hand still hasn't fully recovered. The bike is fine.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Probably chasing down a roadie while riding the tandem on the Ironman route in Hawaii.

Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    Where do you live? Antioch, CA

Explanation of your handle: Duh?!?

Explanation of your avatar: It's my dog Greta. She died a year ago October and I just haven't had the heart to change it. I really like Irulan's but haven't been able to make one half as good.

Age (general or specific) 38 on Dec 17th!

Favorite bike: My Rambouillet

What's in your stable? a Rivendell Rambouillet - better known as Fluffy, a Specialized Stumpjumper Comp, a Santana Arriva tandem, and a 12 year old Rockhopper

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 59 on a 7% grade on the back of the tandem WHEEEEE! I generallly hit the mid 30s on descents I know well. I always stay in my own lane - unlike some cars I've followed.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? If you're really interested there are a bunch on our website

TandemHearts

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I 'm a lousy liar.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Crashing my Stumpjumper on a rainy day going off the sidewalk in front of my house while wearing my slippers and no helmet. My hand still hasn't fully recovered. The bike is fine.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Probably chasing down a roadie while riding the tandem on the Ironman route in Hawaii.

Veronica

This was fun to read - to see what has changed.

Now my avatar is from a ride up Diablo. Thom had the camera mounted on his fork and pointed backwards.

Fastest speed ever is still on the tandem. But coming down Diablo this past weekend I got to just over 42 mph on Fluffy.

Most memorable moment - 3 crashes in 3 days in Utah this past summer. The first day I took a handlebar to the armpit. The second day I crashed hard crossing a dry river bed and my hands and hip were totally black and blue. The third day I crashed and the handlebar hit me in the kidney. I just kept getting back on the bike and riding. At the end of the tour I got the Million Dollar Injury Award.

Most fun - climbing up to Lagoa do Fogo on Sao Miguel. Someday we'll get those Azores pictures posted.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Where do you live? Medford, MA

Explanation of your handle: I've gone thru several at different periods in my life. This one I took in homage to my wacky cattle dog, Quidditch. He is such a Spazz... and the more I thought about it I realized I was too.

Explanation of your avatar: I found it out in cyberspace. It looked kinda spazzy.

Age (general or specific) Turned 49 in 2004

Favorite bike: I drool over the white carbon Luna

What's in your stable? Specialized Allez Comp 18, 2003 and an old Trek 1000 that may morph into a fixed gear in the future

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? abt 60 mph. when I was in high school, (call me stupid) in New Jersey going down a mountain on a training ride. It was when I raced in my first childhood.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Pics of me in several incarnations on my site...

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm with CorsairMac on this one.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Finishing the AidsRide in 2000

Most fun ever had on a bike? I don't think I can go there... this is a family forum
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Where do you live? Worcester, Massachusetts

Explanation of your handle: I live in Massachusetts and still consider myself a babe

Explanation of your avatar: Have not found one I like...yet

Age (general or specific) 42 on Jan. 26

Favorite bike: SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN

What's in your stable? 1986 Terry Precision, 2003 Trek 5200, and
    a 2001 Rockhopper...those are mine...hubby owns a Colnago and son a Bianchi

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 38 mph going down a steep Massachusetts hill

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Don't even think of taking my picture

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Wow, that kids a brat, glad he's not mine...

Most memorable moment on my bike: Riding the beautiful New England coastline with my hubby after we were first married.

Most fun ever had on a bike? 1986 Pan Massachusetts Challenge

work in progress...

Where do you live? Brookline, MA

Explanation of your handle: I made it up as I was registering. I went to a Seven Sisters school and I like to spin.

Explanation of your avatar: By reading the other postings, I think I've finally gathered what this is. The picture-do-hickie under my name? The one that isn't there yet on mine? Give me time. I'm still working on the tagline too.

Age (general or specific) 34 (gulp)

Favorite bike: As an adult: my current one. As a kid: that one with the banana seat...

What's in your stable? Sold my 1990 Nissan Sentra in order to buy my first road bike: Trek 1000 WSD. Good starter. I also have a circa 1988 Nishiki mountain bike--my beater bike.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 32 mph on a very steep grade hill in New Gloucester, ME (yes, there are hills there in farm country) I was freaked.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: It's not about you. It's about me.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Since roadbiking is only about 4 months old for me, the best was treating my cycling father to a riding buddy on father's day. He couldn't stop talking about how "amused" he was at my love of climbing and fear of descending.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Oddly enough, changing my first flat. I did it pretty quickly thanks to tips I learned here at Team Estrogen. If only my boyfriend could understand my pride as he road home to pick up the car (since I wasn't entirely sure I'd be able to do it).

Brand-new newbie

Where do you live? Durham, NC

Explanation of your handle: It's a 10-year-old in-joke with an even older friend; I've used it as my default handle in so many places by now that I'd be utterly stumped to remember my login if I ever dared to change it.

Explanation of your avatar: Haven't found the right one yet.

Age (general or specific) 34

Favorite bike: The Specialized Dolce I'll be buying just as soon as payday comes. (edit: nope. make that TOMORROW. Whee!)

(are we there yet?)

What's in your stable? Muck.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? fast enough to make the wind go "whoosh" all the way down the hill. I'll report back with more specifics when I get a computer, a ride partner who has one, or a friendly radar gun.

Another picture of yourself or your ride?

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm the world's worst liar -- too disorganized to remember the story I told, and too impatient not to share the secret with anyone within hearing range.

Most memorable moment on my bike: A childhood memory -- the first time I went out of the neighborhood I could get to by walking, into whole new places, and realized that the bike wasn't just a way to run around the block until i was out of breath, but a shot at independence.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Every time.

To ramble on further, I'm newly back in love with wheels after a long time off, and I've been enjoying lurking here since I stumbled across it a month or so ago. I'll likely keep lurking until the training wheels are off and I have some more to say, but it's truly fabulous to meet y'all.
    Last edited by greenchick; 07-19-2005 at 01:18 PM.

Welcome Spinsis and Greenchick!

Spin I Loved your line about the avatar! Too cute!!

Green: Loved your pix of yourself!!

The sense of humour on this board just keeps me smiling!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Kia ora Saxa, Spin and Green...

Enjoy the boards

Looking forward to hearing about your whooshes ( )

~R~

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Where do you live? Glendale, Az.

Explanation of your handle: None needed, but thinking of a change.

Explanation of your avatar: another thing I need to work on.

Age (general or specific) 52

Favorite bike: I drool over nearly anything with two wheels.

What's in your stable? Mtb: TREK 6700WSD; Road: Specialized Allez Sport; Communter: Haro Vector,. If I were rich, I'd probably have a couple more, a singlespeed mtb and a full-suspension mtb. Well, and a tandem to ride with my husband. I could probably afford the bikes, but not a new house with a garage big enough to hold them.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 36, on a downhill, of course!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I need to learn how to attach pix here. Boy, I have alot to learn!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "I laugh in the face of death!" (I'm a wimp.)

Most memorable moment on my bike: When I first began mountain biking, I took a class where the instructor inspired me to keep trying to make it up a short, steep technical hill with a sandpit at the bottom of it. I got stuck in my pedals and went down hard three times in a row before I decided to save it for another day.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I can't pick! Every ride is an adventure, and every ride is great.
    Last edited by JanT; 01-04-2005 at 08:34 PM.

Where do you live? Arlington, VA

Explanation of your handle: Irish Catholic Girl

Explanation of your avatar: Don't have one!

Age (general or specific) Almost 42 (just like my chest size, haha--not really!)

Favorite bike: Terry Madeleine

What's in your stable? Terry Classic; Trek 7300; Trek 7200 (permanently on trainer)

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Just started riding outside again, so not too fast yet!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'm the family photographer so I'm rarely in pictures.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Catholic guilt keeps me from lying much. Also, I highly value integrity

Most memorable moment on my bike: I, too, am just getting back to riding outside (I've been a Spinerval addict for a couple of years---first using a spin bike and now, I'm using a trainer). In October '03, my husband and I treated ourselves to Trek 7200s and, for the first time in 20+ years, I hopped on a bike. I was pretty nervous about wiping out, so I limited my riding to occasional jaunts on a fairly deserted trail. This October, I decided to buy my Terry, which was the best purchase I've made in years. The bike was the perfect fit and consequently, I became much more confident in the saddle. What a difference the right bike can make! I'm now riding on the road---just to get to my favorite trail which is about a 1/2 mile from my house---and I'm no longer a nervous nelly on my bike. I'm no longer riding the brakes down hills :-) I've rediscovered my love of riding and get out as much as possible. Every ride makes me more confident and a better rider.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Every time I ride, I have fun. The most fun so far---powering up hills and passing lycra clad, super skinny men!!! Yes, there are benefits to having a big, muscular bum :-)

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Where do you live? Fairfax, VA

Explanation of your handle: First initial, last name = Picha, pronounced peecha. I'm so original

Explanation of your avatar: Hmm, well, I guess I felt like I was caught with my hand in the cookie jar when I bought my Turner
    Age (general or specific) 36 on the 27th

Favorite bike: Love my Turner but wouldn't mind trying some Freeride bikes

What's in your stable? Specialized Hardrock, GT Outpost, Turner XCE, KX100 (sneakin' in a little MX action there)

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Hmm, don't ride a road bike but the fastest on my mtn bike that I know of was 26 mph.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Naaa, I look like a fatty dweeb.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't remember, which means I've either told too many, or I don't lie! (I'll let ya'll pick!)= hee, hee, I'll just leave that be. I'm in the same boat. :0

Most memorable moment on my bike: Just last weekend, I discovered the term "**it eating grin" I lowered the seat on my bike and flew down a 1000ft mtn (I know that's small potatoes for some of you) in 15 mins. I splashed through mud puddles,getting mud all over my teeth b/c I was smiling so much. What an absolute blast!!

Most fun ever had on a bike? See previous post.