Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 150 of 175 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    So do you want to be cremated or buried?
    I've been on the back of a tandem at 62 mph airborne across a steel-decked bridge. Next time it happens, hubby will be cremated -- on the spot.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Hi!

Where do you live? GA

Explanation of your handle: childhood nickname

Explanation of your avatar: I love pink!

Age (general or specific): 44

Occupation: Project Manager, Commercial Real Estate Development

Favorite bike: I would say my favorite is my '08 Trek Madone 5.1 WSD. I just got it. It's absolutely beautiful! My MTB is pretty sweet too

What's in your stable? above mentioned Madone and Fuel EX8 WSD

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I live in an area with a lot of hills so I can hit a good 30 mph. I'm hoping to surpass that real soon.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'll have to get to that sometime.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Can't think of anything... I try not to lie

Most memorable moment on my bike: Actually that was just this week. I went out for a 26 mile ride with my husband. I have recently lost about 35 lbs and have been riding a lot of hills and riding on my stationary bike since the weather has been so nasty. I realized that I have gotten into great shape. A ride that used to be so difficult was a lot of fun. It was a beautiful ride along the river. The weather was just stunning. It felt so good to get be able to enjoy the scenery. In the past I was just trying to survive.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Trying out my new MTB. It was sweet!
    "One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do."
    Henry Ford

Welcome Ana! I love your quote.
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by anabanana View Post
    Most memorable moment on my bike: Actually that was just this week. I went out for a 26 mile ride with my husband. I have recently lost about 35 lbs and have been riding a lot of hills and riding on my stationary bike since the weather has been so nasty. I realized that I have gotten into great shape. A ride that used to be so difficult was a lot of fun. It was a beautiful ride along the river. The weather was just stunning. It felt so good to get be able to enjoy the scenery. In the past I was just trying to survive.
    That's great, congrats!

Thanks! I feel great...
    "One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do."
    Henry Ford

Where do you live? Canberra, Australia
    Explanation of your handle: There are Goddess of other things, why not bicycles?
    Explanation of your avatar: Found it online. Id like a tattoo of it.

Age (general or specific) 40

Favorite bike: Pining away for Orbea Onyx( womens version) and a Orbea Orca

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? No idea, bike comp is broken.

Another picture of yourself or your ride?I need to get some

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: That I was a professional skier, at age 14! What I meant that I could ski black diamond

Most memorable moment on my bike: When I realized that I had rode 28 km round trip, for the first time after 5 years really ill ad barely able to walk.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I recently rode to work,and stopped in a cyclist cafe filled with guys and pretty bikes. I was finally one of them. I was also high all day from the endorphins. Then I got to ride home later and feel, well Like a cyclist!

I've been here a while and've posted a few times. It's probably time to introduce myself:

Where do you live? Coastal bedroom community for Silicon Valley (California).

Explanation of your handle: First name + wild card character representing Last name (also a pun on that name).

Explanation of your avatar: None yet.

Age (general or specific): 40something

Favorite bike: Not enough bikes to have a favorite.

What's in your stable? New Voodoo Sobo XC MTB, 1994 Diamond Back Ascent MTB, 1985 Schwinn World Sport. (My dad's old late-80's 63cm Nishiki is also here - but too big for me.)

What's not in your stable anymore? 1990 Diamond Back Ascent EX MTB (stolen ), 1970's Sears heavy steel "10-speed" (worn out and yard saled), mom's 1970's Raleigh 3-spd (yard saled), and a little kid's bike (?).

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? According to the cable driven speedometer on the Sears bike, 40 MPH in a 25 MPH zone coming down a hill while in college. I'm smarter and more cautious now.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Waiting on warmer and drier weather.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: (Sitting here all silent and innocent looking. )

Most memorable moment on my bike: While I was a teenager, city sewers were installed in my neighborhood. All the roads were a mess and the main road was even blocked off. I was riding no handed. Suddenly I saw I was headed right for a big pothole. I leaned forward to grab the bars - but too late. The front wheel went into the hole - I fell off the back of the bike - bounced on my feet leaping forward - landed back on the saddle and kept riding.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Hmmm.

I've ridden off and on ever since I was given my first starter bike. The off years were because I either didn't have an appropriate bike, or my bike was broken. While looking for repair information, I found bikeforums.net and eventually joined. I also found this site. I joined to get away from the occasional hostility of the former site.

Where do you live? portland, or

Explanation of your handle: play on an old nickname - "double j"

Explanation of your avatar: er, i don't have one yet?

Age (general or specific): 38

Favorite bike: whichever one i'm riding

What's in your stable? torelli corsa strada and sweetpea mixte and the rear half of our sycip tandem.

Fastest speed on a road bike? dunno. i don't have a cyclocomputer

Another picture of yourself or your ride? here's one of me on our babysitter's bike a few weeks ago, heading to my son's elementary school auction.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: i don't know that i've told any true whoppers.

Most memorable moment on my bike: many memorable moments from our tandem trip down highway 1 from palo alto to san luis opisbo in september 2002. that was a great trip.

Most fun ever had on a bike? the night that the picture above was taken was pretty darn fun. we didn't ride far, but it was a great night and it was fun to bike around town in a full-length gown
    Last edited by jdubble; 05-07-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Welcome Laura, Kerry and JJ!
    JJ... Sweetpea is BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by jesvetmed View Post
    Welcome Laura, Kerry and JJ!
    JJ... Sweetpea is BEAUTIFUL!!!
    thanks. i think we crossposted. i had deleted the link 'cos i got all self-conscious, but i guess that's silly.

Where do you live? Bay Area, CA

Explanation of your handle: Just had to make up something quick to post, so I put the name of my bike (Santa Cruz Superlight)

Explanation of your avatar: Avatar? Don't have one yet.

Age 50

Favorite bike: My new custom SC Superlight - a totally kick-@#% (midlife crisis) bike! (I keep rationalizing that it's SO much better than an expensive sports car or new boyfriend, right? At least, that's what I've been telling my husband.)

What's in your stable? Besides the Superlight; a Specialized Epic

Fastest speed on a road bike? I avoid riding on the road and road bikes - the skinny tires and cars scare me.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? None yet

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I probably blanked it out -- No wait, it was telling DH how much I spent on the new bike

Most memorable moment on my bike: On the podium at Sea Otter -- No wait, it was probably SPDing on my new bike starting at the bottom of a hill in front of about 7 guys. Ouch!!!

Most fun ever had on a bike? So many fun rides - can't pick one.

Where do you live? Hampton, Virginia

Explanation of your handle: I like sweet potato pie . . . it was my screenname throughout high school and college. Cheesecake is my favorite desert, but I think that made me sound a little too "snacky"

Explanation of your avatar: It's my bike!

Age (general or specific) 24

Favorite bike: I've only had one road bike, a vintage Dawes. My husband has a Trek and it's a little small for me, but I love it!

What's in your stable? 1991 Dawes, Trek 1500 (I think..), and a couple of mountain bikes

Fastest speed on a road bike? Good question. I'm knew to cycling, so not sure yet! I can tell you all about my marathon times, but I need a bit before I can answer this one

Most memorable moment on my bike: My husband and I signed up for a "downhill bicycle tour" through Jamaica on our honeymoon . . . it was a few hours down a VERY steep mountain. The brakes were completely worn because everyone just braked the whole time. It was quite the experience . . .

Most fun ever had on a bike? Our first "long" ride. We took our old bikes to the Outer Banks and rode 30 miles, had an amazing seafood lunch, and rode home.
    "i believe in pink. i believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. i believe in kissing. i believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. i believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. i believe that tomorrow is another day and i believe in miracles." --audrey hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpotatopie View Post
    Where do you live? Hampton, Virginia

Explanation of your handle: I like sweet potato pie . . . it was my screenname throughout high school and college. Cheesecake is my favorite desert, but I think that made me sound a little too "snacky"
    Welcome! Mmm, cheesecake!
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Where do you live? Sebring, Florida

Explanation of your handle: Both my husband and I graduated from Florida State University (the Seminoles) and now my oldest son is a sophomore there and our other son will start there this summer.

Explanation of your avatar: I haven't picked one yet.

Age (general or specific) 46

Favorite bike: Trek Madone 5.2 (I have never ridden anything but my current 2 bikes)

What's in your stable? Trek Madone 5.2; Trek Pilot 5.1

Fastest speed on a road bike? Fastest time with a record - 30 mph on the flats but with one heck of a tailwind

Most memorable moment on my bike: My husband and I rented road bikes while in Estes Park, Colorado. It was my first time ever on a road bike and we planned to do a relatively easy 10 mile ride. We missed a turn and I found myself flying down a very steep road with major switchbacks - only to find out that I now had to ride up it to get back on track. I had to walk my bike for a portion of it.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Seems to be the latest ride. Probably the last metric ride because everyone in the group stayed together and then went out after. I love the people in our bike group - they are like family.

Where do you live? Melbourne, Australia

Explanation of your handle: I've been called Missy since I was little, my mum says its cause I'm a little snooty sometimes and 24 cause I'm 24!

Explanation of your avatar: Upside down picture of me in a placed called the Brickfields in Launceston, Tasmania. I was waiting for a friend.

Age (general or specific): 25 Sept 1984

Favorite bike: 2009 Scott CONTESSA PLASMA 20sp

What's in your stable? 2009 Scott CONTESSA SPEEDSTER 30sp

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 35km/h, Sydney Road, Last week

Another picture of yourself or your ride? It wont let me do it...

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Gosh... not sure

Most memorable moment on my bike: Riding my first 100km... last 10km was a killer, now the first 100km is easy so's the next 80km... after that its mind over matter, with a lot of muscle!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Learning how to use cleats, especially the falling part! Oh and riding well, with confidence and no fear!
    If my bike where a man I'd be married!