Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 173 of 175 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Where do you live? North Carolina

Explanation of your handle: I identify myself primary as a runner who fell back in love with road biking during a lengthy running injury

Explanation of your avatar: Me on a run in the woods. Where I feel most at home.

Age (general or specific) 37

Favorite bike: Any pretty road bike

What's in your stable? I ride a 2005 Trek 1000WSD. She's not much, but she's mine and I love her. I have pipe dreams to save up for a newer one in the next couple of years.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Don't really know, but I will say I get a little scared past the high-20's which is usually going down hill.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Don't have many

Most memorable moment on my bike: No specific memory. I primary ride in rural NC and just love being outside.

Most fun I've ever had on my bike: Any time when I find that "sweet spot" in the gears, cruising along, feeling strong.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trek.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	17318

Welcome! I LOVE Albuquerque! It's one of my favorite cities!

LOL! Please excuse me--I'm having major posting issues!

Marie

Where do you live?
    Northern Germany

Explanation of your handle:
    just the word for bicycle. But it can be understood as an imperative, suggesting people should ride bikes.

Explanation of your avatar:
    I thought I would be faster than this cloud front. Not so.

Age (general or specific):

Solo Horn

Favorite bike:
    Hase Pino

What's in your stable?
    Hase Pino
    Specialized Diverge
    Rabenieck Mixte

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?
    No tachometer on the road bike. But I brake at 70kmh on the tandem downhill. With a system weight of 170 kilo that happens often.

Another picture of yourself or your ride?
    ATTACH]17436[/ATTACH]

Most memorable moment on my bike: so many...mostly overshadowed by the memorable moments going off the bike...

Most fun ever had on a bike? The first time we got our hands on the Pino...and every time we've been on it since. We spent several years trying to find a frame that worked for us--the captain is 173 and 55kilo, the stoker 198 and 95kilo--the Pino solved all of the inherent physical problems instantly. Thousands of kilometers later we still grin uncontrollably when we take it out.

Explanation of your avatar: It's my dog Greta. She died a year ago October and I just haven't had the heart to change it. I really like Irulan's but haven't been able to make one half as good.

Age (general or specific) 38 on Dec 17th!

Favorite bike: My Rambouillet

What's in your stable? a Rivendell Rambouillet - better known as Fluffy, a Specialized Stumpjumper Comp, a Santana Arriva tandem, and a 12 year old Rockhopper

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 59 on a 7% grade on the back of the tandem WHEEEEE! I generallly hit the mid 30s on descents I know well. I always stay in my own lane - unlike some cars I've followed.
    amazing videos

Where do you live? Portland, OR

Explanation of your handle: No explanation needed

Explanation of your avatar: Didn't know what an avatar was, but now that I do I don't know how.

Age (general or specific) 41

Favorite bike: the one I ride, I feel lucky to have my dream bike

What's in your stable? 2004 Fuji Sagres

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 29 this past summer on downhill on my first organized ride.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar??

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Probably happened when I was a kid and that's too long ago to remember.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Finishing my first organized ride. Looking forward to making many more memorable moments this year, didn't start riding until July '04.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Accomplishing my longest ride (30 miles for the first time) with my husband encouraging me all the way, it was a beautiful day and I felt great on the bike.

Where do you live? Illinois (outside of St. Louis)

Explanation of your handle: The one I use for everything. That way I won't forget!

Explanation of your avatar: NA.

Age (general or specific) 48

Occupation: Elementary Teacher (5th grade for the past four years)

Favorite bike: The one I have now. Her name is BB3

What's in your stable? Specialized Amira SL4 Expert 2013

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Don't really know. Probably somewhere in NorCal

Most memorable moment on my bike: My first real ride with my now husband and my BFF. It was 21 miles long and I did great until the last mile. We stopped, I unclipped, then we took a short turn and stopped again. I failed to unclip and fell over onto the pavement. A small scrape and a bruised ego.

Most fun I've ever had on my bike: Any day riding in the wine country of Sonoma Valley. I will always be a NorCal Girl!!

My old, sweet Dolce in Santa Rosa, CA

Name:	IMG_0076.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	17506

My new baby, BB3

Name:	IMG_4083.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	17507
    Last edited by echurch66; 01-01-2015 at 02:16 PM.

Where do you live? Tampa Bay area, Florida

Explanation of your handle: First and last name start with "B," and I feel very blessed.

Explanation of your avatar: My handle

Age (general or specific) just turned 56

Occupation: Nurse practitioner, Cardiology; specifically heart failure.

Favorite bike: My current Trek Domane

What's in your stable? Trek Domane 2014. It took a lot of commitment for me, to spend that kind of money on a bike.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? about 27, going down a steep bridge (no real hills in Fla), and freaking out.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2618.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	136.0 KB 
ID:	17554

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "I'm not scared."

Most memorable moment on my bike: doing my first metric century in over 15 years. I used to ride, somehow got out of it for 15 years or so, and am now falling back in love with it again.

Most fun ever had on a bike? My gentleman friend and I somehow stuffed everything we needed into my Miata, including the bikes on the bike rack, and went camping for a long weekend up on a barrier island in the Florida panhandle. It was awesome!
    Livin the life!
    2014 Trek Domane 4.7

Nice learning about you, BB. I lived in Clearwater back in the early 90's and am getting ready to move back to FL in May, heading to New Smyrna Beach this time. Can't wait to ride year round.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    I'm about an hour north of Savannah, Ga in SC. You're both welcome too visit.
    I'll be passing by occasionally on my way back to IL for visits, we'll have to meet up.

Electra Townie 7D

Where do you live? Cincinnati, Ohio

Explanation of your handle: its the one they assigned me at work years ago.

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar??

Age (general or specific) 50

Favorite bike: Bridgestone XO-1, I don't own one but back in 1994 there was one in the LBS where I worked.

What's in your stable? 2011 Surly Long Haul Trucker, 1995 Bridgestone MB-6, 1995 Kona Kula, and 4 unicycles

Fastest speed on a road bike? going down hill? 35 or so tough to look when your flying down hill

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't know how to attach one.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't remember, which means I've either told too many, or I don't lie! (I'll let ya'll pick!)

Most memorable moment on my bike: first solo 5 day tour when you realize you have 335 miles or so to travel and only your bike to get you there.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Every time I'm on my bike is a favorite, but it's rewarding to ride with newbies and share knowledge and experience.
    _________
    1996 Kona Kula-14
    2011 Surly LHT-46

Love when this thread gets bumped up! Hi Mary, welcome to TE.

Electra Townie 7D

Where do you live? Buffalo, NY

Explanation of your handle: It's a combination of my partner's name and mine.

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar??

Age (general or specific) 25 on Dec 15th! (whoa, didn't even have to change the original post...)

Favorite bike: My 1999 Terry Symmetry with oxford bars and cetma rack

What's in your stable? Circle A 650c track, Ti Serotta 650c road, touring bike built in a class, 2 Terrys (24" fronts), weird old Raleigh minivelo, Miyata 615 (24" front), Gitane 650c(front) road, Sniper ss mountain, Globe Dutch bike, Wabi 650c fixed, filibus cargo, a few tandems, and a bullitt

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I don't ride with computers, and I'm a huge wimp on hills.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10271558_10106428570325424_2733605018953023307_n.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	17897Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1530315_10203184234224052_389757629_n.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	17898

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Uh, I guess I don't really lie? I'd say it's "I don't have a bike problem" but I'm not exactly shy about it, haha.

Most memorable moment on my bike: I've spent too much time on bikes, too many memories to choose from.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Uh, spending a week in Amsterdam was pretty incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by nandy View Post

where do you live? Buffalo, ny

YES..........

....makes me want stories about a courier's winter riding welcome andy!!!
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Welcome, Andy. Cool job!

Electra Townie 7D