Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 13 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

tlkiwi - Beautitful stuff!... I love S-Tripping and the Artic one.

Irulan, you NEVER cease to amaze me!

spazz
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Technotart....

Getting to Know You!

Where do you live? Carrollton, TX
    Explanation of your handle: Moniker from working in a web design shop when I took a year off from nursing
    Explanation of your avatar: well it isn’t on here…..
    Age (general or specific) 42
    Favorite bike: That Trek Lance Armstrong limited edition that is like 10k at the bike shop right now
    What's in your stable?
    Road: Trek 100 with the stock stuff
    Fastest speed on a road bike? 27 – downhill – Im a chicken. 24 on the flat
    Another picture of yourself or your ride? Heh – a picture of me in spandex….right
    What is the biggest lie you've ever told:

Most memorable moment on my bike: Sitting at a stoplight and getting blown over by a 40 to 50 mph wind gust in heavy traffic – still clipped in….

Most fun ever had on a bike? I have only had my bike about 2 mos – so right now every moment is fun….The MS 150 is just 3 weeks away and I am WORRIED

Transplanted to a state of beer: Latrobe-Pittsburgh

Doc.....?

Quote Originally Posted by doc
    I guess we're just weird in NJ
    Unless your below Neptune and on the western part of the state..I've never heard that referral about VW's either? No we're not weird...

Welcome to the board Techno - I'm with ya on the fav bike, I haven't seen a real live one yet - but it's probably a good thing coz I'd probably drool all over it!......Nice to meet ya and hope to hear more from ya!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Denise, nuthatch and spazz: thank you all for the kind words about Mum's stuff.

Welcome to the board, technotart.

Where do you live? Palm Springs, Ca. I grew up in Concord, Ca. looked at Mt. Diablo everyday from my bedroom window and my DH is from Brighton England.

Explanation of your handle: I just like the way it sounds.
    Explanation of your avatar: Fat chick on a bike-it just fit.

Age (general or specific) 40

Favorite bike: Right now I am lusting after all Mountain bikes
    What's in your stable? Orbea Mitis Dama, Giant OCR 2 and a Novaro town and trail bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 38.9 downhill tail wind as soon as I looked at my speed I had to slow down.
    Another picture of yourself or your ride? Maybe when I am done with this round of weight watchers

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Good Luck! It might not be the biggest lie but it is certainly the most frequent.
    Most memorable moment on my bike: The summer before first grade I was at the top of a very steep street. I asked my friend if I could ride his bike down the street, he of course said yes. I took off down the hill and half way down realized his bike had hand brakes and I only knew how to use coaster brakes. I hit a curb at the bottom of the hill, flipped over the handle bars and started first grade with stiches a black eye and fresh wounds on both knees and elbows. His bike was fine and I still love to ride.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Every ride is fun but I love long road rides with a group of strong women.

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac

TL: I can't fault ya for laughing at me - can't ya just imagine my face when I read what Shews handle Really was?? I was laughing so hard I got the dogs all excited and the cats woke up!! *shaking head at self*
    Ok, you CANNOT stop calling me Shew. It's our little joke and I think it's FUN! Everybody needs a nickname.

I've read all of this thread and just never took the time to sit down and write myown info. Cold and windy weather today - not much riding, so I guess I'll write about it instead.

Where do you live? Dubuque, Iowa

Explanation of your handle: Its just me.......... part of my e-mail adddress, too.

Explanation of your avatar: It was easy to find. It looks fast and I LIKE fast.

Age (general or specific) . 50 and proud of it!!

Favorite bike: I love all my bikes! They all have their place in my heart.

What's in your stable? Trek Project One 5200 WSD- Metallic yellow paint and pinstripes. Trek 2100 - in the shop getting all new stuff. Trek WSD 6500 MTB. Hoping to add a touring bike to the group in the near future.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 55 mph riding down a CO mountain pass on Ride the Rockies. I don't remember which one it was.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I keep talking about getting a digital camera but haven't done it yet, Someday........... then I can post pics.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "I'm not going to ride fast today. Just sorta toodle along.............."

Most memorable moment on my bike: Impossible to choose just one. I've biked for over 20 years now..........

Most fun ever had on a bike? With friends on RAGBRAI, maybe. Actually, same answer as above question. So much fun, so many times, so many rides. Road bike, mountain bike. It's all so good!

annie
    Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." Captain Jean Luc Picard

Where do you live? Texas

Explanation of your handle: My initials.

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar??

Age (general or specific) Eh... I hate to tell... but I am 32.

Favorite bike: I don't really know or care.

What's in your stable? Road bike, entry level Trek 1000

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Maybe... 28 MPH on a downhill, but that scares me so I always break going down a hill.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Well... one time I told a job I had to get some cycts removed on my olvaries, so I could go to Cozumel with a boyfriend to go SCUBA diving. He was personal trainer at a gym, and had a client who was a doctor, and she wrote a note for me to get out of work! Very believeable... and we had a great 4-day weekend of diving!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Well, with only 300 miles logged on it thus far... nothing yet. But I am doing the MS150 in May... so maybe then?

Most fun ever had on a bike? So far, each time I have gone out has been fun! But nothing stands out... because I haven't ridden that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Technotart
    Getting to Know You!

Where do you live? Carrollton, TX

Road: Trek 100 with the stock stuff

Most fun ever had on a bike? I have only had my bike about 2 mos – so right now every moment is fun….The MS 150 is just 3 weeks away and I am WORRIED

HEY! I live in Carrollton too... and I am also doing the MS 150... maybe we know each other?

You aren't with the AMLI team are you? If you need a team... AMLI is still signing people up... AND you get a FREE jersey!

Anyhoo, I also have a TREK 1000... and I have only logged 300 miles on my bike.

We have a lot in common!

OH, check out the Plano Bicycle Association... they have a really good ride on Saturday's... and the Greater Dallas Bicyclists has a good ride on Sunday's!

Quote Originally Posted by shewhobikes
    Ok, you CANNOT stop calling me Shew. It's our little joke and I think it's FUN! Everybody needs a nickname.
    No worries hun - you'll always be Shew Hobikes in my head!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    No worries hun - you'll always be Shew Hobikes in my head!
    Me, too, Shew!! But I probably won't be calling you by your surname, Hobikes...

Quote Originally Posted by Annie
    What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "I'm not going to ride fast today. Just sorta toodle along.............."
    I got my day started with a laugh over this. How many times have I jollied my tired, achy body onto the bike with this lie?? And I always end up going as fast as I possibly can!

Where do you live? PA

Explanation of your handle: C-dale: Cannodale Cat:I love my kitty.

Age (general or specific): 27

Favorite bike: Actually, I really love the Specialized my brother just got.

What's in your stable? Cannondale Jekyll 800
    (wish I had room for a road bike, but the kitchen doesn't have any more room!)

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?
    it's been a *long* time since I've last been on a road bike!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: nope, can't go there on a public forum.

Most memorable moment on my bike:
    Being chased by a guard dog. (ok, so I was tresspassing!)

Most fun ever had on a bike?
    Can I say every ride? Tonight was great!
    ------

So, I thought I would fill this out as a way for re-introduction. I joined this board a long time ago but I haven't been around lately. Work locked down the internet access and I can't read these forums anymore. After being on a computer for 8+ hours at work, it looses its appeal to then be on a computer at home.

Tonight, I decided to log in, and I realize how much I miss reading here. I've gotten some great advice here, and I love how respectful and fun the posts can be. So, I think I'll try to pop in more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdalekat
    Tonight, I decided to log in, and I realize how much I miss reading here. I've gotten some great advice here, and I love how respectful and fun the posts can be. So, I think I'll try to pop in more often.
    Welcome back, cdale! Be careful; addiction to the boards can disrupt sleep, etc.! We all know from sad experience!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{cdalekat}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

welcome back hugs! I know what you mean about spending all day on the puter and then when you get home - but I don't see This as "sitting in front of my computer"! This is my time to connect with my all-over-the-world friends, the cats know I'll be still for a while so they can sit on my lap, and it gives me a feel-good feeling after working with morons all day!!