Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 25 of 175 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Where do you live? Spring Hill, TN

Explanation of your handle: my degree's in geological engineering

Explanation of your avatar: don't know how...........

Age (general or specific) 35 (Jan 17)

Favorite bike: my Trek

What's in your stable? Trek 1000 WSD

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 42 going down Perkins Road during Harpeth River Ride 2 weeks ago.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? will have to work on getting some....

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: None come to mind..........

Most memorable moment on my bike: hrmmmm *scratches head* I think they're all still pretty memorable. Of course, I've just gotten back into riding and nearly every trip down the road involves a new challenge.....

Most fun I've ever had on my bike: going down the hill on Perkin's Road.

Howdy Geo - and I"m betting you can't Wait to try that again - see if you can go Faster this time!! (no speed junkies here eh!)

I've seen you post in a couple of threads but welcome to the board and hope to see more of ya!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by LBTC
    Absolutely! And I think we should talk Irulan into joining us there, too!! You were on your bike a long time, Alison! Well done!! I would have been aiming for around a 5 hour time....but I've never ridden there. I'm hoping to get our Vancouver friends to meet us there one weekend so we can casually ride it and get to know the course a bit.

Do you ever venture further north in your riding?

Namaste,
    ~T~
    I was hoping for a time closer to 5 hours as well, but it didn't turn out that way. Last time I rode it was 2003, and my time was 5:25...I was sorta sad to not have improved on that, but I felt better overall, so oh well. It's also easy to blame the mud and the new hill, but I have to admit that while my endurance is good, I'm just not a fast climber yet. Irulan should definitely come out, after Rossland she'd have no problem! Squamish is an awesome place to ride.

I've ridden in Sun Peaks a few times, and have some friends in Kelowna that I will probably go riding with in August. I hear Williams Lake has some great trails, I've never ridden there, but I'd like to at some point. A couple of friends of mine went up last summer and loved it.

A.

Smile

Where do you live? Colorado
    Explanation of your handle: i often ride by myself

Explanation of your avatar: my dog

Age (general or specific) 35

Favorite bike: my Cannondale

What's in your stable? Cannondale and Garry fFsher
    Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? In the mid 50s coming down a mountian pass here in Colorado
    Another picture of yourself or your ride? will have to work on getting some....

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Called in sick to work to go for a long ride up to Rocky Mountain National Park

Most memorable moment on my bike: hrmmmm *I have so many, probaly when i was on a biking trip with some friends and we met 2 people on our 5 day trip that were biking across the contry.....

Most fun I've ever had on my bike: Passing cars going down hill, down the passes!

Hi Kira... looking forward to hearing about the Great Trek

Dawn... cool name but how to I put the macrons on?

Purple Jade... my fave colour... enjoy the boards

Welcome Wendy... lol about the goose... I wonder what made her crazy? We have that problem here with magpies - very territorial and very aggressive when they are nesting.

Hi Jo... I love to ride with my partner too... its just the best (even though he has to treat my hard work out rides like a recovery ride! )

Geonz... said hello to you in another thread... but hello again!

Kia ora Pam... glad you've stopped lurking

And Biker Hens little chick... love the pic with the choppers... excellent. Welcome.

Welcome Newrider... seen your posts about, glad you like the place

Hi Ellen... and you make films... thats what my daughter aspires to do... welcome to the board

AMG, welcome... always wanted to visit Canada... must be an awesome place to ride

Hi there Darla. LOL "of course I can ride this course" Way to go... no defeatist attitudes here!

Angel of Oregon - I have always admired anyone who can "do" yoga

On Yer Left - welcome Ingrid - thats a fantastic photo. I'm 2 yrs older than you to the month - I look forward to looking as fit as you do.

Hi Gazelle - don't want to call you Poison, Gazelle is so much prettier - hope you are liking the place

Shelly... ROFLMAO!!!! "Honest! I know a short cut" Oh, and I vowed I would never wear lycra in public too... whoops!

Geochick... cool degree, what kind of job does that open up for you?

Solo... I like the way you lie - thats def a legit lie if ever I heard one!

Hope you all keep on coming back - there's ALWAYS something interesting being discussed, cried over or laughed about... I really really like this place!
    Last edited by RoadRaven; 07-01-2005 at 02:53 PM.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Hello! Newbie here!

Where do you live? San Francisco, CA

Explanation of your handle: It's a combination of my first and last names.
    Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar??

Age (general or specific) 46

Favorite bike: I dunno! I'm just getting into this!

What's in your stable? Raleigh C40...but I'm looking for the next bike!

Fastest speed on a road bike? I have no idea!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? No pics here!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told:
    Most memorable moment on my bike: Waiting to find out! I hope it'll be riding across the Golden Gate Bridge

Most fun ever had on a bike?

Hi Sharon... I take it you are new to ther cycing craze
    This is a great place to have questions answered and bounce ideas around
    Looking forward to you having a "most memorable moment" and sharing it with us.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

shadon,

you are not by any chance related to the Sharon on the AIDS Lifecycle bulletin board who just got into cycling and bought a Raleigh C40?

If you aren't, oops, sorry, wrong Sharon but welcome to TE anyway.

If you are, well howdy!!! Welcome to TE, check the AIDS Ride threads we've got many here who'd done the ride (self included).

This is the best place in cyberspace for cycling info, women specific specific or not.
    Last edited by Trek420; 07-03-2005 at 07:56 AM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

getting to know...

Thanks, Roadraven. Tho I looked quite different a little over a year ago -- 30 pounds heavier and couldn't imagine myself on a bike. Anything's possible...

SoloRider, where in Colorado are you? I'm another solorider -- rarely bike in groups, though i have a good friend (the one who introduced me to cycling) who I occasionally ride with...

Quote Originally Posted by On_yer_left!
    Tho I looked quite different a little over a year ago -- 30 pounds heavier and couldn't imagine myself on a bike. Anything's possible...
    fabulous work, Leftie!! You look GREAT!

Namaste,
    ~T~

thanks, LBTC... I definitely feel better!

Yeah! That's me!!

though today, I couldn't even think of getting on the bike! to warm here in the Mission....I needed a day off anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420
    shadon,

you are not by any chance related to the Sharon on the AIDS Lifecycle bulletin board who just got into cycling and bought a Raleigh C40?

If you aren't, oops, sorry, wrong Sharon but welcome to TE anyway.

If you are, well howdy!!! Welcome to TE, check the AIDS Ride threads we've got many here who'd done the ride (self included).

This is the best place in cyberspace for cycling info, women specific specific or not.

shadon wrote "though today, I couldn't even think of getting on the bike! to warm here in the Mission....I needed a day off anyway!"

good, build rest days off into your training schedule. You don't want to burn out and you need range of motion. If you don't feel like riding take a day off and swim, play ping pong, walk the dog etc.

check the thread

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showt...ight=lifecycle

we did a kinda webcast of the ride here by text messaging Spazzdog. Aint technology wonderfull?

You will need to get used to riding in heat and do some riding in it. On ALC we ride rain or shine. So it is a good idea to get out there in some different kinds of weather to find out "what do I need to do this?" Do you prefer short sleeve jerseys or regular jersey with a wicking layer? What hydration drink works best for you in the heat etc. Same thing for fog/wind/sleet/hail...just not gloom of night.

How many shopping days till the ride?
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I thought I replied to this.

Well jeez, I thought I replied to this post but I don't see it in my history.

Where do you live? Chicago Suburbs

Explanation of your handle: I used to work in IT. I guess I still sort of do, need to pay the bills while in school

Favorite bike: Lemond Zurich

What's in your stable: 2005 Lemond Zurich, 2004 Trek 1200, 1997 Trek 850 Mountain Bike, Some sort of Diamondback mountain bike.

Fastest speed on a road bike: 44 this summer on a downhill. Yeah that's fast enough

Picture: Me and my friend Lee at the end of RAGBRAI last summer:

Biggest lie ever told? That's really interesting....

Most memorable moment on the bike: During my 2nd RAGBRAI last year, it had rained for 2 days off and on. On the 2nd day, there was a stretch of the route on a gravel road. It was so muddy by the end of the 4 miles we were all caked in this light mud. About a mile into it I was so cold and tense I just started laughing uncontrollably, which spread to a couple of my teammates.

Most fun ever had on the bike: I was doing a century and had a pack of about 7 riders sit on my wheel as I fought through about a 5 mile stretch into a pretty significant headwind. As we turned out of the wind they passed me without as much as a thanks for the pull. We faced a moderate climb, at least for Illinois I let my legs rest a bit and them think they were dropping me. As we got half way up the hill I motored past them all. Sure my legs were on fire but the glances I caught out of the corner of my eye were priceless.
    "Only the meek get pinched, the bold survive"

Great stories everyone!

Cindy, small world. My hometown is Antigo, WI too! I loved the dairyland info and jerseys so you may see me in one soon. It helps that I like pink...
    Dar