Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 63 of 175 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi Claudia! I'm glad you decided to delurk and say hi. Welcome to the boards and may your stay be long and pleasant.

Mel who's still channeling CorsairMac.

Quote Originally Posted by Melody
    Mel who's still channeling CorsairMac.
    That would be me who is just now shovelling my way out from under my workload. Don't ya just Hate it when your job interferes with your posting time!? LOL

Kate: Welcome to the board - I've already seen several of your posts and congrats on your accomplishments! (umm no you don't have an avatar yet but I'm betting ya'll gonna get ya one of them real soon! ) As for your most memorable - YIKES!! Glad to hear you were quasi-OK but don't ya just gotta wonder about drivers sometimes!!

Mom: Welcome to that board. OK - I gotta ask Land of Kong? Does that mean you're from Skull Island?? Congrats on your first race - there are several racers on the board of which I am not one. lol as for cruising around looking for crocs?? were you looking for a reason to do sprint intervals??

Uforgot: LOVE the ID! I can just imagine the conversation!! I truly can't think of Anything you can't ask here, I've seen just about every topic mentioned - even the unmentionable ones - and everyone here has always been helpful, kind, compassionate, caring, ok...I'm stopping now - I make us sound like Boy Scouts! Heck we sometimes even give out some good advice! Welcome to the light and hope to see more from ya'll.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by uforgot
    Welcome Claudia, and all the other newbies!

My grandmother was a math teacher. She helped me learn how to "translate" formulas into a language I could understand and solve. It was probably half an hour one day at her kitchen table, but it opened up the world of math to me. Keep up the good work!

Lise
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Smile

Where do you live? Croatia, Europe
    Explanation of your handle: it's a nickname for Ivana
    Explanation of your avatar: my first race ... XC Velika ... won 2nd place

Age (general or specific) 23
    Favorite bike: don't know really, there are many that I would like to posses

What's in your stable? Focus, Blacksone ltd. 2004
    Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? It's hard to say, cause I don't know your measurment, but it's 70 km/h, racing down the mountin Sljeme
    p.s. i think that 1 km is 0,62mile, so it would be 43 miles/hour
    Another picture of yourself or your ride? you're loking at one

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: hm, lie... who? me?... never

Most memorable moment on my bike: seeing the sea afer three day riding my bike through Croatia, it was my first ride somwhere far. It was the trip long 620 miles (or 1000km) there and back, but I had a wonderful time, and I was proud of myself to do so, cause it was my life dream

p.s.I hope you wouln't mind my bad English, after all I haven't been speaking (or writting) it for sooooooo long
    "Life is not measured with the quantity of breaths you take, but with the quantity of moments that took your breath away..."

Quote Originally Posted by iFKA
    Where do you live? Croatia, Europe
    Dobar dan Ivana! I wish I remembered how to say welcome in Croatian.

There was recently a question asked on this board about cycling in Croatia and I answered best I could but I'm sure you could do better. How's the cycling scene on your part of the world now? How are the roads doing? And the drivers? Let us know.

I was in Croatia in 2001 and really LOVED it. I am sorry to say I spent time mostly on the coast from Cvatat to Zadar, and only a a few days at Plitvice and Zagreb. I tell myself that someday I'll sit down with my learn-croatian-in-90-days books again and get ready for a new trip there.

p.s.I hope you wouln't mind my bad English, after all I haven't been speaking (or writting) it for sooooooo long
    Don't worry about your English, my Croatian really sucks.

Dovidjena!

Quote Originally Posted by iFKA
    Don't worry about it! That's what's so wonderful about this board and the internet in general. It brings people together that NEVER would have spoken to each other otherwise. So WELCOME! Glad to have you here, Ivana.
    ~BikeMomma
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

hi girls, (or should I say "BOK", cause "dobar dan" is formal way of saying it)

Quote Originally Posted by Grog
    There was recently a question asked on this board about cycling in Croatia and I answered best I could but I'm sure you could do better. How's the cycling scene on your part of the world now? How are the roads doing? And the drivers? Let us know.
    I must say it is not so well, because it's rather expensive sport out here, but as my friend often says "the only thing that counts is heart” that means that It doesn’t matter if you’re driving your grandma’s bike or some high-tech miracle, as long as you love it.
    It is not so popular in Croatia yet but I can see slow progress in here. Only really bad thing is that very few women drives bicycle longer than half an hour per week. Sadly, but I’m one of the rare ones… I mean there are many women in this sport but on every 15-20 men there comes one woman, so I don’t know any other girl that I could drive with. Perhaps it is cause we don’t have forum like these, and I really don’t like guy’s forum. For me is to boring to talk about bike parts all the time, I enjoy the ride and my boyfriend takes part of other things.

I was in Croatia in 2001 and really LOVED it. I am sorry to say I spent time mostly on the coast from Cvatat to Zadar, and only a a few days at Plitvice and Zagreb.
    It’s a pity that you haven’t been hear longer. Croatia is absolute paradise for bikers. In just a 1000 miles (approximately) we have Slavonia – which is flat county with many fields (mainly corn, and sunflowers), than we have Lika – mountain area with several National parks or Nature parks, and Jadran – our beautiful sea (I’ve read that many Tourist agencies in Europe called it top destination for 2006). Everything is so beautiful cause we are not so developed country (which is bad) and we don’t have big towns like you do.

Quote Originally Posted by BikeMomma
    Don't worry about it! That's what's so wonderful about this board and the internet in general. It brings people together that NEVER would have spoken to each other otherwise
    your board is great, I’ve discovered it two years ago but I didn’t have my new bike, and haven’t ride the old one so often as now so I felt kind of silly to write about my “experience” But we’ll heard each other more often now

ok enough for now, I must rest my fingers now
    "Life is not measured with the quantity of breaths you take, but with the quantity of moments that took your breath away..."

Welcome to the board Ifka - did I understand BOK is the correct "slang" for hi? This is sooo cool having such an international contingent here! As for the measurement conversion - don't worry it hun....we've got miles, kilometers, and sometimes the number of steps walked uphill here, it all works! Congrats on your race win - well done! Hope to hear more from you!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    Welcome to the board Ifka - did I understand BOK is the correct "slang" for hi?
    yes, you'we got it right. We Croats are 90% Christian people, so long time ago people greet each other with "praised the Jesus and Maria", than they shortened it to "praised the Lord", and after some time it was only "Lord". And the Croatian name for God (Lord) is BOG so jung people now only say BOK (cause it sounds wery much alike), and the old ones still says BOG.
    How interesting indeed this intercontinental corresponding is
    Any more questions

Of course, I'll write ... as long as noone asks me anything about bike parts, I know very little in Croatian language, not to mention English. But, I know you'll explain averything to one ignorant like me BOK

I found one page you could visit... it's short, in English... some stories of the foreigners that have driven through Croatia...
    have fun
    http://www.bicikl.hr/cikloturizam/sue.asp

BOK iFKA!

Welcome to the boards! The pictures of cycling in Croatia made my heart sing! So glad to have you here. And don't worry, I don't know the words for bike parts, and I grew up in English! Lise
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Hi ifka! Welcome to the forums. I see everyone else has already said hi.

Mel

Hello, Everyone!

Thanks to Queenie, I now have access to a forum for women interested in bicycling, etc. I'm looking forward to the information that will help me to choose what bike to purchase. Making a few new friends would be cool too. I live in NC. I am a yankee transplant from Massachusetts originally. I might just lurk awhile until I have something to add. Hopefully I can catch up....

~Linda

Quote Originally Posted by MissFenderFine
    Hello, Everyone!

Thanks to Queenie, I now have access to a forum for women interested in bicycling, etc. I'm looking forward to the information that will help me to choose what bike to purchase. Making a few new friends would be cool too. I live in NC. I am a yankee transplant from Massachusetts originally. I might just lurk awhile until I have something to add. Hopefully I can catch up....

~Linda
    Hiya MFF! Welcome to TE.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by MissFenderFine
    Hello, Everyone!

~Linda
    I'm a transplant to NC from Philadelphia myself. Yankees Unite!