Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 174 of 175 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've been working courier jobs in Boston for the past 5+ years and just moved back here a few months ago, but I think the weather is pretty much identical in both places.

Winter riding is pretty easy- just get the layers right and watch out for the more-homicidal-than-usual drivers, but it's really the only practical way to get around a place like Boston that time of year unless you like unreliable trains and digging cars out and near total gridlock all day everywhere. I guess we'll see how Buffalo is driver-wise, it's still 60 degrees out.

We'll be doing mostly cargo bike work here.

Where do you live? Gabriola Island, BC

Explanation of your handle: I've been pericat on the net for the last 20 years.

Explanation of your avatar: that's my boy Cardhu and my very new Cross Check, on first ride after getting home from a long day at the bike shop.

Age (general or specific) late 50's

Favorite bike: see that Cross Check?

What's in your stable? 2002 DeVinci Rio

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I've never actually been on a road bike. And I don't generally go fast; but making it up ferry hill the first time non-stop was a most satisfying milestone. Getting up big hills without puking is more where I'm at than going really fast down them.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Hm. Here's a blog post from last spring featuring the Rio: pericat.ca

Most memorable moment on my bike: My partner and I were out on the trails, and had stopped to check the map on my ipod. I was just standing, and a rock under my foot shifted and over I went. All I could think was to make sure the ipod landed safely, so as I was going down, I tossed it onto a clump of grass and moss. Because priorities, y'know.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding the local trails is the best! And as it's a sunny day, I'm going to go do that some more.

Where do you live? Indianapolis

Explanation of your handle: It's supposed to sound like "Indiana Jones" but...feminine? I'm not sure people get it.

Explanation of your avatar: I don't have one. Maybe I should get one. Hm.

Favorite bike: I covet touring bikes, particularly the Co-Motion Americano.

What's in your stable? Marin San Rafael Dual Sport (a hybrid -- I like it generally, and it does what I want. It goes nicely from commuting to longer rides including on gravel, crushed limestone, hardpacked dirt. etc. very versatile. my only complaint is about the front suspension, which I never have turned on and so just adds weight)

Fastest speed on a road bike? Slow, heh. My fastest full mile on the flat is about 19 mph or so if I recall correctly, but most of my rides I average 12-14 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by indiana_jane View Post
    Where do you live? Indianapolis
    HI! I live in Columbus, Indiana, but I work in Indy. I often ride in Indy (mainly the Monon - from downtown where I work to Broad Ripple). I've also in the past been an adjunct with IUPUI. So we might have stuff in common! Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Aromig View Post
    HI! I live in Columbus, Indiana, but I work in Indy. I often ride in Indy (mainly the Monon - from downtown where I work to Broad Ripple). I've also in the past been an adjunct with IUPUI. So we might have stuff in common! Welcome.
    We've probably passed each other on the trail! I'm on it several times a week -- for commuting (SoBro to downtown) or for pleasure (usually SoBro to Westfield, sometimes SoBro to Fall Creek to ride some loops on the Harrison Trace Trail out at Fort Ben).

Welcome, indiana_jane (and others I have missed welcoming).

i_j, If you like gravel, covet touring bikes, test the Salsa Vaja. We have two in our stable and love them. My review here:

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=53071
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Where do you live? Rhinelander, Wisconsin

Explanation of your handle: love our north woods. Why live anywhere else?

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar??

Age (general or specific) 67 on June 5

Favorite bike: too many to choose from

What's in your stable? Trek, Kona, Salsa, Access

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 41 mph in upstate NY, going down hill. Nearly lost it. Stupidest bike mistake of my life. Never, again.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have very many pixs of myself - I hate having my pix taken

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: not in my nature .. well, there was this one guy who thought I was much younger than I really was.

Most memorable moment on my bike: late December 2008 when I logged in my last mile on the bike and met my goal of 10,000 miles in one year.

Most fun ever had on a bike? have made a bicycle my only means of transportation several times in my life. Those are my fondest memories.

Where do you live: Calumet, Michigan

Explanation of your handle: I've been a cross-country skier since I was 9. My first love. The "2" is because I had to create a new account. I'm an old forum member, but had been away for a long time - forgot my password, and have a different email address now so I couldn't reset it. Tried contacting the forum admin a few weeks ago, but never got a response.

Explanation of your avatar: Pic of a bear that has been coming around this spring. Taken from my upstairs bathroom window.

Age (general or specific): 50

Favorite bike: hmmmmmm

What's in your stable? Jamis Xenith Pro, Trek Pilot 5.0, Trek 520, Trek Fuel EX 9

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 45 mph, Lake Linden hill, maybe 10 years ago. Haven't gone over 40-42 in a while.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'd say I never lie, but you'd think I was lying!

Most memorable moment on my bike: So many! Although, the most memorable would have to be the moment I broke my ankle on my mountain bike . Whacked my handlebar on a bent-over small tree, flew over the handlebars, cleats didn't release, so my fibula had to. Had to ride out - glad I was with a friend!

Most fun ever had on a bike? First solo century, when I was in college. A great feeling of accomplishment!
    Last edited by Skierchickie2; 06-21-2016 at 08:27 AM.

Hey Skierchickie, welcome back, who did you used to be on TE??

Electra Townie 7D

Thanks Pax! I was Skierchickie. Just added the 2 on the end - figured that would be least confusing

Quote Originally Posted by Skierchickie2 View Post
    Thanks Pax! I was Skierchickie. Just added the 2 on the end - figured that would be least confusing
    LOL, I probably should have guessed that, I'm not the brightest bulb sometimes.

Electra Townie 7D

I'm not really new, but life kept me off my bike for the past couple years. Glad to be back.

Where do you live: Saskatoon, Canada

Explanation of your handle: I'm usually covered in ink from my insistence on using refillable pens.

Explanation of your avatar: What I'm pretty sure my face looks like when I'm dogging the crazy drivers in my city.

Age (general or specific): 37

Favorite bike: Specialized Tri-Cross Sport

What's in your stable? Specialized Tri-Cross Sport

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 65 kph flying down Burnaby Mountain in the rain after my brakes gave out. I don't have any depth perception, so I usually keep speeds way below that!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I guessed the correct answer on my driver's eye exam then conveniently left out my lack of depth perception in my medical history.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Rode my first century as part of a charity ride. I was alone in a sea of strangers, convinced I wouldn't make it. But I did manage to haul my exhausted plus-size carcass across the line ahead of half the pack.

Most fun ever had on a bike? My first real mountain trail descent. It was crazy scary and a huge rush. I was coached down by one of my dearest friends.
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

~Albert Einstein

Hello,
    My name is Marlon. belongs to California
    Owner of iFoldBikes.com
    Age 48
    Favorite bike is "X-Front 26 inch carbon steel damping folding bike"

Welcome all!
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Where do you live? Seminole, FL

Explanation of your handle: My last name and what my bff calls me

Explanation of your avatar: haven't decided on one yet

Age (general or specific) 40 in October!

Favorite bike: Not sure, I like what I have now but hadn't rode for 25 years until last month

What's in your stable? Specialized Crossroads Sport Step-thru

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? No road bike, but probably about 18 going down overpass ramps on the Pinellas Trail. I'm a big chicken and tend to use my brakes a good bit

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Nah

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Probably something when I was a kid - can't remember

Most memorable moment on my bike: I just got back into riding in March of this year and had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. Haven't done anything super exciting yet

Most fun ever had on a bike? Just riding around with my hubby, trying to get into shape and have fun