Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 105 of 175 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    Hey Laila
    glad to "meet" you!!
    Thanks mimitabby! This is a good place to be. (There's noplace else I can gripe about pedestrians with a death wish without somebody secretly thinking "I'll bet she's one of these insane cyclists that never stops at lights"... )
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Smile Brand new to TE...

Brand new to TE... Well, lurked a bit, but just recently got a new bike after not having ridden in YEARS (maybe about 20 or so... yikes!), so here we go...

Where do you live? Salem, NH

Explanation of your handle: Kurt Vonnegut fan and also two kids in the house... it's DEFINITELY a monkey house here.

Explanation of your avatar: I love Curious George... the bike seemed fitting.

Age (general or specific) 35

Favorite bike: My only -- a Raleigh Tess

What's in your stable? See above. :-)

Fastest speed on a road bike? Hah! Haven't ridden since high school (or junior high), so I have NO idea. Just trying to get used to riding the mountain bike around, getting used to the clips, and not worrying so much about speed right now.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? There's a picture of my bike on my myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/m0nkeyh0use)

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Told a few to the parents back in the day... don't really remember.

Most memorable moment on my bike: When I was a kid, we didn't have much in the way of money, so two of my bikes were a bit... special. One had no left pedal (and it was so old, we couldn't find a pedal for it anymore), and my next one had handlebars so loose, they'd flip around, but it had a sweet gold, metal-fleck banana seat.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Just riding around as a kid... Lots of fun.

Nice to "meet" all of you!! Not sure how often I'll post, but it should be fun here.

Quote Originally Posted by jenjustjen View Post

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: i told someone i was an astronaut once

I've been an astronaut since age 11.
    Just haven't told many people. Tho' I did have a woman play Cmdr Spock to my Capt Kirk for 15 years and the job I just left I was Spock to his Captain. Now he is "Jim" as we are in contact tho' not working together anymore.
    That is how I know so much about the fabric of the Space/Time Continuum.

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

Where do you live? Stirling, Scotland

Explanation of your handle: Philippa is too long to type and 72 - well, let's just say that I'm 33 at the moment..

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar??

Age (general or specific) 33 - until Dec 21

Occupation: Project manager for a sustainable transport charity

Favorite bike: the one I'm on

What's in your stable? Roberts Compact Touring Bike, Trek WSD Mountain Bike, Battaglin Road Bike, Bike for cycling round town and half a tandem.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 60mph on the back of a tandem

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Too many to count.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm not very good at lying

Most memorable moment on my bike: Flying downhill on Sunday 19th Nov having managed two weeks in a row of getting out on my own.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Can't remember where it was, but mountain biking when I first had the confidence to go fast downhill through the streams

Greetings !

Hi everyone !Just a short introduction ;

Where do you live? SouthEast, Sunny Island

Explanation of your handle: what handle ? bike or anatomical ?

Explanation of your avatar: avatar?? show me how to get one ?

Age (general or specific) : 36 going 37

Favorite bike: None at this moment... currently owns a carbon road bike.

What's in your stable? Road & MTB wheels ???

Fastest speed on a road bike? 49kmh on downhill free-wheeling

Another picture of yourself or your ride? i am camera shy !

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I am confident!

Most memorable moment on my bike: first ride with pal

Coming out of lurkdom

Hi all,

I'm embarrassed to say that I've been in and out of lurkdom here for several years. I'm generally a quiet sort who listens (and reads) more than she talks, but lately I've felt like chiming into some of the threads. I didn't want to do that without saying hello and introducing myself first.

Where do you live? Morgan Hill, CA

Explanation of your handle: My height - 5' 1"

Explanation of your avatar: None yet. I may need some instruction how to insert one at some point.

Age (general or specific) 54

Occupation: Accounting. I was a Home Ec major (way back when there was such a thing), but took a wrong turn somewhere...

Favorite bike: Not sure, but I'm always looking.

What's in your stable? 1999 Bianchi Eros in celeste.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 39.9 mph on Pentz Rd. coming out of Paradise on the 2003 Chico Wildflower.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I try to steer clear of cameras.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Can't really come up with one.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Good memorable - finishing my first century - Tahoe, 2003 for Team in Training. Bad memorable - feeling myself being sucked into the draft of a passing semi in southwestern PA while on a multi-day tour in 2004. It was a two lane highway with no shoulder. He couldn't pass because of oncoming traffic. When he did pass, it was *real* close and he blew his airhorn at me. Scared the crap out of me and as soon as I could pull off the road, I had a complete meltdown and bagged it for the day. I did ride the next day and completed the tour though. Philadelphia to Pittsburgh in 6.5 days.

Most fun ever had on a bike? My first Cinderella in 2003, which was also my first organized ride. Great way to start.

Hi, 5'1"
    glad you're on board! you sound like you'll fit in great. Don't be afraid to post..
    We'd love to hear about all your bike experiences!

Mimi
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Thanks

Now that I've taken the first step, you might not be able to shut me up

I do love reading this forum. I've learned so much from so many of you. It's a nice comfy place to hang out. And there seems to be quite a few Bianchi sisters out there.

Cheers,

five one

yeah, we have a "club" click on my signature and see for yourself. You are welcome to participate.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Smile

Where do you live? Portland, OR

Explanation of your handle: I am one with my Bianchi...
    Explanation of your avatar: Don't have one yet, I will have to work on that

Age (general or specific) 45 on Dec. 16

Favorite bike: Love my Bianchi, would like to upgrade to another Bianchi

What's in your stable? Motobacabe Mountain Bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I think it was about 38mph, but I was too scared to look at the speedometer, on a very steep down hill, this summer.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I have some, but I look fat in all of them.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: About riding or just in general?
    too many to count...
    Most memorable moment on my bike: After owning my first road bike for less than a month, I rode my first Century ride, my husband and my dog were at every pit stop to greet me...nothing can beat that!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Can't pin point the MOST fun, as most of the time on the bike is fun!!!!__________________

Where do you live? Douglasville, GA

Explanation of your handle: The sound my foot makes when it clips into my pedal (I just went clipless 2 months ago)

Explanation of your avatar: Working on this one!

Age (general or specific) 36

Favorite bike: Orbea Dama Race

What's in your stable? Trek 1000 WSD, Trek 3700 Mountain Bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 30 mph

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Working on this one as well!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: If I tell then the secret will be out!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Finishing my first Century this November. It inspired me to write the following ditty, based on the song "Country Club" by Travis Tritt (are there any country fans out there?)

Well I'm a member of the Century Club
    Century riding is what I love
    I ride a Trek 1000, nicknamed "Ice"
    the ride is sweet and oh so nice
    Yea I'm a bona-fide pedaling fool
    I pray my tires don't flat which require a tool
    Along the 100 mile route with an extra mile or two
    I'm a member of the Century Club

Most fun ever had on a bike? The day I realized I could actually ride 100 miles in one day!!!. It meant more to me than anything I have accomplished in a long time....

Hi everyone! I have a couple posts under my belt here but thought I'd do this to make it official!

Where do you live? Lancaster County, PA

Explanation of your handle: From Springsteen's Spirit In The Night...

Crazy Janey and her mission man were back in the alley tradin' hands
    'long came Wild Billy with his friend G-man all duded up for Saturday night
    Well Billy slammed on his coaster brakes and said anybody wanna go on up to Greasy Lake
    It's about a mile down on the dark side of route eighty-eight
    I got a bottle of rose so let's try it
    We'll pick up Hazy Davy and Killer Joe and I'll take you all out to where the gypsy angels go
    They're built like light
    and they dance like spirits in the night (all night) in the night (all night)
    Oh, you don't know what they can do to you

Explanation of your avatar: Mile 75 of the SeaGull Century in October in MD. My first (and only) century so far.

Age (general or specific): 36

Favorite bike: Tough question... I'll get back to you...

What's in your stable? MTB... 1998 Raleigh M50, and Road...2005 Cannondale R700

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 36 mph down a hill on a country road in Lancaster County. This summer.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? To be continued...

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I don't lie.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Crossing the finish line after 100 wet, cold, windy miles at my first century (as I mentioned above) with Team In Training.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Group rides over the summer... lots of laughs!

Hola, TE board! I've been lookin', lurkin' and learnin' from you guys for a while, am finally getting around to the introduction.

Where do you live? Eastern VA swamps

Explanation of your handle: Couple of initials in my name

Explanation of your avatar: Haven't put one up yet

Age (general or specific): 54

Favorite bike: The one I'm on at the moment (but I love my new IndyFab)

What's in your stable? '98 Litespeed Obed mtb; '06 IF Crown Jewel SE, '90 Merckx Corsa Extra, '02 Fondriest Carb Level and '97 Moser Evo Pro road bikes (and a '99 Litespeed Classic I'm selling); rear end of an '01 Santana Team Al road tandem.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 49.5 on the tandem in Hanover Co., VA, last year

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Maybe of the ride later...I'm not much for pictures of moi, especially in tight sweaty spandex. Fortunately when I'm on the bike, I don't have to look at that.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "Uh, no, I didn't finish up the Breyers."

Most memorable moment on my bike: Hard to choose. But one was a ride through bucolic hills on the north part of PEI a couple of years ago - DH and I with a couple of good friends. It was chilly and damp but the wildflowers and scenery were gorgeous, and we stopped for hot food and drinks at a wonderful restaurant-art gallery.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I have fun almost every time I'm on a bike - any good, hard ride with compatible friends, after which we go out and eat afterwards. Yep, ride to eat!

Welcome, KayTee! Though I figure we have already "met" I'll make this official, too!
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

Thanks, I'm happy to be here "officially" now!