Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 102 of 175 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

HI!

Where do you live? Richmond, VA

Explanation of your handle: Sometimes I'm not too creative

Explanation of your avatar: Saw it online one day, liked it, cuffed it and put it onto my computer desktop. (also, see above question's answer!)

Age (general or specific) 34
    Occupation: closing coordinator/expert B.S. handler for a builder

Favorite bike: My Cannondale has been very good to me. Plus, I don't have the knowledge needed to ascertain which bike is worthy of drooling over yet.

What's in your stable? Cannondale F300 - my first real grown-up bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I don't have a road bike yet *sniffle* but workin on it.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Jeez, now I feel bad that I don't even have a pic. Not one. Dang it.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Ummmm.....I guess I'll get back to you on that one.....

Most fun ever had on a bike? I'm seriously not copping out on this one, but every time my husband and I ride together, we have a new adventure of some kind or another silly story to tell!

I'm glad to be here. Y'all seem so cool and friendly!

Hi!

Where do you live? Northern CA

Explanation of your handle: It’s short for the nickname my boyfriend & his family gave me.

Explanation of your avatar: I don’t have one yet.

Age (general or specific) 27

Favorite bike: I like both, but I’ve been favoring the road bike since I hardly ride the mtn bike.

What's in your stable? Giant OCR Ltd and Specialized Rockhopper

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 39.9, Foresthill Road, in August.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don’t have any with me at the moment.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I’ll have to get back to you on this one.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Going to SF with the bf and meeting one of his friends and riding across the GG Bridge, thru Sausalito and around Tiburon Loop and back, a 53-mile ride with beautiful views. The other was my first organized ride the other weekend. It was a 50 miler, and it sure wasn’t boring and consisted of a couple of firsts for me. There was lots of rain, fog, wind, +5000’ of climbing and I ended up with 2 flats. It was a fun ride and everyone was really friendly.

Where do you live? Portland, OR

Explanation of your handle: It's my online handle.

Explanation of your avatar: creepy spider I saw in New Zealand where we livedd for 6 months

Age (general or specific): 38

Favorite bike: my new one! Jamis Nova.

What's in your stable? 2006 Jamis Nova and 2003? Kona Cinder Cone and my townie 3-spd cruiser bike from the ?60's or 70's?

Fastest speed on a road bike? no clue. I need to buy a computer

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'll have to work on that

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: (when on call) "No, that's ok. I'm glad you called (at 2am!). I'm happy to tell you the dose of (tylenol/cold medicine/whatever)."

Most memorable moment on my bike: Memorable in good way: whippin' thru the downhill at Little Bald Mtn and kickin my husband's a$$! I love being better than someone at something. I'm a pretty mediocre athlete so it doesn't happen often! Memorable in a not so good way, breaking my patella when I tried clipless pedals....basalt v bone: basalt won......

Most fun ever had on a bike? see above. More adventures to be had on my new 'cross bike that I get to take out today!!!!

Where do you live: Milwaukee, WI area

Explanation of your handle: Last name of my psuedonym, Cassandra Thorn. Not that I've done any writing, but it describes me, at least with respect to work. Cassandra, as in, forced to speak the truth, but no one believed her; Thorn, as in a thorn in management's side I shall remain.

Explanation of your avatar: One artists rendition of Granny Weatherwax, a character in Terry Pratchett's Disk World series. A curmudgeony exterior with a heart underneath. A thinker, analyzer and plotter.

Age (general or specific): upper forties.

Favorite bike: Cannondale R700, but I'm seriously drooling over an Seven ID8.

What's in your stable? A Cannondale Hybrid and a late 80's model Cannondale road bike--I just can't part with the latter because it was my first real bike.

Fastest speed on a road bike? Wouldn't it be more appopriate at my age to talk about the slowest speed on a road bike? Seriously, I refuse to put a computer on my bike--better to think I'm flying at 30mph than to know I'm barely keeping 14mph.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Uh....no pictures of self...the camera steals your soul.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Hmm...how about...."I just found this forum" Naw...I've been lurking for a very long time.

Most memorable/fun moment on a bike: Mallorca. My biking heart lies on the island (http://www.cassandrathorn.com/images/2006Mallorca.htm or
    http://www.cassandrathorn.com/images/2003Mallorca.htm). The island is awesome--a cyclist's paradise in winter. My SE (Similar Entity) and I do active vacations. It started as hiking, but the group we travel with (through UW-Stevens Point) had a winter biking trip to Mallorca. That trip did bicycle rentals and not heavy, thick steel bombers, either--nice $1500-range road bikes. We signed up and got hooked on cycling. Now more than 1/2 our trips are cycling, but Mallorca remains the most memorable. We've been back and will be back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina View Post

Most fun ever had on a bike? I'm seriously not copping out on this one, but every time my husband and I ride together, we have a new adventure of some kind or another silly story to tell!

I'm glad to be here. Y'all seem so cool and friendly!
    I love your most fun on the bike. DH and I ride together all the time, it is some of the best time we spend together. Many women wish their SO would ride with them, we are lucky!

Awww... We're are glad to have you. Welcome to the board!
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Welcome Miranda, Tali and Thorn!!

Tali- Now I feel awful for paging my doctor. Actually the only time was when my DH was terribly ill. The first time he ended up at the ER, the second time was a few days later and he ended up at the hospital the next morning. I bother my insurance's on-call nurse for silly stuff like "How long can I wait to get a tetnus shot for this cut I got on some rusty building materials?"

Thorn- Mallorca is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing those pictures. Mallorca makes my list of "Must See" travels.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

just wanted to say HELLO to everyone new here.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Where do you live? Alpharetta, GA

Explanation of your handle: Shubie is my nickname (say Sue Shaw 5 x's fast after a cocktail or two), and GA is my current state.

Explanation of your avatar: still looking for the right one.

Age (general or specific): Getting closer to 50 (ok, hanging on to 48 by a thread)

Favorite bike: my new one - Trek 7.2FX (red)

What's in your stable? Trek 7.2FX and a Schwinn mountain bike.

Fastest speed on a road bike? 20, on the hybrid - let go of the brake, Shubie!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I usually take the pics, not get in them.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I am not admitting that on-line!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Other than riding my 1st bike around the basement poles, it was finally getting up a hill by the house without walking.

Most fun ever had on a bike? So far, finishing the Bike Atlanta ride (13.3 mi, but some nice hills). More to come!
    It's all about the journey (my reason for riding slower)

Where do you live? Blooming Grove NY

Explanation of your handle: Cycing is fun

Explanation of your avatar: My lovely new trek!

Age (general or specific) 50 on Dec 11th! Ouch!!

Favorite bike: My new Trek WSD 1600

What's in your stable? Trek 1600, Specialized Expedition

Fastest speed on a road bike? I think I am slow compared to all you experienced gals!!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Ha

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Hmmmm....

Most memorable moment on my bike: Skidding around a corner into gravel, where I totally wiped out....and this is on the Expedition that had mtn bike tires on it!!

Most fun ever had on a bike? I always have fun, this is something DH and I like to do together, started with biking in the back woods, and now on the road!! New road bikes for each of us on our 25th anniversary!!
    Alice

Hey there Thorn. It's always good to see another Milwaukee area rider on here.

Welcome to all you new gals.

Where do you live? Cincinnati, OH

Explanation of your handle: I've been writing for as long as I can remember and when I was younger, I rode my bike everywhere. But sometimes you give up things because you think you’ve outgrown them…only to realize you never outgrow things that add value to your life. Now I’m looking to do both cycling and writing on my own terms. I’m excited to have found a forum of women who feel like I do!

Explanation of your avatar: A [paraphrased] Buddhist teaching says if you look at a flower, you never see it striving to be what it should become. It just is, and it grows and blossoms as it should. A flower reminds me to relax into the peace and balance of each moment.

Age (general or specific): 29 in November!

Favorite bike: I'm fascinated by Terry bikes, specifically Madeleine, the touring model. If you've got one, I'd love to hear about it.

What's in your stable? 94 Giant Hybrid - Hey, what can I say? It gets me where I want to go.

Fastest speed on a road bike: 27 mph--thanks to a steep grade and gravity.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I’ll be hard-pressed to drum one picture up, but I’ll see what I can do.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Hmmm…the last time I called in sick on a beautiful day?

Most memorable moment on my bike: I learned to ride on two wheels on a gravel road. The first time without training wheels, I flew down a hill of gravel, tried to turn and wiped out. I've been hooked ever since.

Most fun ever had on a bike: Honestly? Every time I ride.
    The more we are free from nonnecessities, the more we are free to do the more meaningful actions of our lives. - Stephen R. Covey

Quote Originally Posted by bikewriter View Post

Explanation of your handle: I've been writing for as long as I can remember and when I was younger, I rode my bike everywhere. But sometimes you give up things because you think you’ve outgrown them…only to realize you never outgrow things that add value to your life. Now I’m looking to do both cycling and writing on my own terms. I’m excited to have found a forum of women who feel like I do!

Explanation of your avatar: A [paraphrased] Buddhist teaching says if you look at a flower, you never see it striving to be what it should become. It just is, and it grows and blossoms as it should. A flower reminds me to relax into the peace and balance of each moment.

Favorite bike: I'm fascinated by Terry bikes, specifically Madeleine, the touring model. If you've got one, I'd love to hear about it.

What's in your stable? 94 Giant Hybrid - Hey, what can I say? It gets me where I want to go.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I’ll be hard-pressed to drum one picture up, but I’ll see what I can do.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Hmmm…the last time I called in sick on a beautiful day?

Most memorable moment on my bike: I learned to ride on two wheels on a gravel road. The first time without training wheels, I flew down a hill of gravel, tried to turn and wiped out. I've been hooked ever since.

Welcome bikewriter - I love the explanation of your avatar.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Quote Originally Posted by Trekhawk View Post
    Welcome bikewriter - I love the explanation of your avatar.

i like it too. i must remember that.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Where do you live? Evanston, IL

Explanation of your handle: my initials

Explanation of your avatar: I have none

Age (general or specific): 40 something

Favorite bike: Still looking for THE bike

What's in your stable? Felt 85 road bike, Specialzed Rockhopper Comp, Giant Cypress ST (my daily commuter)

Fastest speed on a road bike? A little over 25mph, for about a yard...

Most memorable moment on my bike: Finishing a 100 mile ride

Most fun ever had on a bike? All but too rides have been a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bikewriter View Post

Hey Bikewriter!

I don't have the Madeline, but I do have a 2004 Classic which is the precursor to the Madeline. I LOVE her! I bought her to use as my commuter but I love the fit of the bike so much, I'm now shopping for an Isis to replace my 'go fast' bike. I know that a lot of changes have been made to the Madeline recently with the two most noticeable being the addition of drop bars (mine are straight) and the material being aluminimum (mine is steel). I don't know if anything has changed on the geometry or specs, but the new Madelines sure are pretty!

Anyway, welcome to TE!

And welcome to all the other new members, too!!