Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 9 of 175 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've been registered since Nov but realized I never introduced myself. So here goes..

Real name: Mikki (my mother says it's Michelle, but what does she know?)

Where do you live? Santa Rosa, Ca

Explanation of your avatar: Add it to my to-do list

Age (general or specific) 38

Favorite bike: My new Trek 820 (my first brand new bike)

What's in your stable? My Trek 820 (the hubby's got an Ibis Mojo)
    Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Depends, are we counting the downhills with brakes burning?
    Another picture of yourself or your ride? To-Do list - gotta lose 60 pounds first
    What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Of course it's big enough.

Most memorable moment on my bike: I got over Chanate and only walked 1/2 mile of it, altogether.
    Most fun ever had on a bike? Coming down Fountaingrove, off Chanate, and learning to love the speed.

nice to meet ya Mikki and loved the fastest speed line!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Welcome Mikki! You're a doula, how wonderful! The world needs more doulas. (I will avoid the temptation to get up on my state-of-birth-in-America soapbox now.)

DH worked at Ibis for 10 years and lived in Santa Rosa during that time ('84-'95).

It's a small world, after all! Have fun here!

Where do you live? Green Bay, WI

Explanation of your handle: A common ID I use in other groups. Didn't want to change it then forget my ID and password...LOL

Explanation of your avatar: Don't have one yet.

Age (general or specific) 36, 37 in Oct.

Favorite bike: The one I own now..my very first "professional" bike. A 2004 Fisher Ziggurat.

What's in your stable? Same as above.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? No road rides yet.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? N/A

What is the biggest lie you've ever told:

Most memorable moment on my bike: As I have only ridden my bike two times so far. I am going to have to say that I amazed myself at how much easier it is to climb a hill then it was with my Target Store bike...LOL

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding with my boyfriend in some singletrack last fall. My first REAL taste of Mountain Biking.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: WOO HOO- What a Ride!"

Where do you live? Brisbane AUSTRALIA

Explanation of your handle: It goes with my beanie and thick sunglasses, I like to bike but I look like a freakin skiier!

Explanation of your avatar: What on earth is an avatar?

Occupation: Self employed in re-cycling and saving the earth...

Favorite bike: The fastest one. But I am in love with my bike (I had to say that it is looking at me with those handlebars cocked and ready)

What's in your stable? Scattante Road racer by Easton

Fastest speed on a road bike? 68.9k/hr
    where? Going down Mt Samford with no brakes and a nice uphill (safe) turn at the base.
    when? About 2 weeks ago
    Can't wait to pip that elusive 70ks, guess I will have to give up braking for that.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Geez I gotta get more organised.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: That I wasn't scared stoopid when I first got on the rockin roadie bike.

Aspen Welcome to the Board! Loved your answers - thanks for the smiles!

Corsair "I'm thinking I need to convert my speeds to KPH!" Mac
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

[QUOTE=sulis]I've been registered since Nov but realized I never introduced myself. So here goes..

Where do you live? Salt Lake City, Utah
    QUOTE]

Hi, there! You riding the Little Red Riding Hood in June? If so, perhaps we can say hi. Petunia and I are flying out there for it.

welcome to the board wabi.....and what a neat most memorable!!

Corsair "darnit I want a Rivendell to" Mac

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    Corsair "darnit I want a Rivendell to" Mac
    Whoa, nelly! Share the wealth, Corsair! If you get a Rivendell, can I have that Peugeot? What's his name again, Big Red?

His name is Allez Gran Rouge and No you may Not!

*mutters to self: take my peugeot...what IS she thinking *

Ha, Ha! Don't worry, your new baby is safe!

<----wondering why lil Red Riding Peugeot and the Big Bad Nuthatch keep coming to mind!

I love your latest avatar! "Little" is the operative word here, Red! I think I'm about five inches taller than you are so it would be like those clown guys riding around on their tiny bikes if I rode Allez!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	minibike.jpg 
Views:	659 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	76  
    Last edited by nuthatch; 04-09-2005 at 03:45 AM.

Hey Wabisabi- Don't you have a century ride up there sometime next fall? You live in one of my favorite areas in California! We (Dave (my partner) and I have spent many weeks camping up there in the wonderful redwoods. We were the last people(I'm not kidding) to walk in the Headwaters before the restoration was to begin. We saw what Pacifc Lumber had done to that exquisite area and were apalled! We also have met Julia Butterfly Hill (she was here in our town supporting our efforts to keep some old oak trees from being cut down...we won, so far).

I would LOVE to ride up there! Maybe some of us can come and ride with you later in the summer.

You are indeed a lucky woman
    Nancy

Where do you live? Missouri

Explanation of your handle: Love singletrack and a bit knuckleheadedly stubborn

Explanation of your avatar: That's my boyo!!

Age (general or specific) 37

Favorite bike: currently my supercaliber

What's in your stable? my '91 Trek 850 Antelope, '93 Trek 930 Singletrack, '95ish Gary Fischer Supercaliber (easter egg green), '98 Raleigh R700, DH's steel Colnago, Ellsworth Truth, Canondale hardtail, 20 year old Trek roadbike, 3 kids' bikes and a partridge in a pear tree.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 55mph, last downhill on Ragbrai. 42mph on the 930 trek, Fred's Lunchbox, Vail mountain, Co.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? No way, dude. Ya gotta catch me 'fore you'll get a pic of me!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Few and far between-too hard to keep track of the truth as it is.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Getting Knocked out (I'm told it was about 5 minutes) and breaking my collarbone during a MTB race. Coming to, waving off help, getting back on the bike and finishing the last 2 1/2 laps of the 3 lap race as is, catching everyone who passed me while I was out and winning the race. See? Knuckleheaded.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Bike vacations to Colorado, Utah, North Carolina, Iowa, etc.