Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 77 of 175 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2614

Hello From Triskeliongirl

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi. I’ve lurked here for a while, occasionally posting, but have never formally introduced myself. I am what I call a ‘lifestyle’ cyclist, been riding bikes all my life (I am 48). My real name is Eileen Lafer. I commute daily on an old terry classic (recently redone with ultegra/XT parts and drop bars), enjoy fast club rides on the weekend on my 2005 terry titanium Isis, and love to tour on vacation. Pix of my bikes can be found on bike journal (http://www.bikejournal.com/profiles....Triskeliongirl). I used to ride a bike friday pocket rocket pro until it was stolen last year , and am still friends with many in that community. I toured with Lynette Chiang in Chiapis a few years back (http://www.bikefriday.com/main.cfm?f...&Category=News), and she recently stayed with me on her Texas Tour and followed me to work one day where she made this great movie that tells you about my professional life and also explains my handle (cycling scientist link- http://www.galfromdownunder.com/movi...leen-lafer.mov). My bikes have weird custom cranksets with dropped pedals to compensate for a 3 cm LLD I was left with after an SUV made an illegal right turn into my hip, but that’s another story for another day. The good news is that with my cool custom cranksets made by Tom Slocum of High Sierra Cycling (http://www.hscycle.com/), I can finally ride again pain free!
    Last edited by Triskeliongirl; 05-03-2006 at 01:06 PM.

Where do you live? Tucson, Arizona

Explaination of Handle? My mom is also a cyclist,she finds her comfty zone in cycling in the small ring. One day the going got tough and we had a few miles to go until we got home bound. My mom was ready to throw in the towel and quit. I shifted to the big ring and told her to stop her whining, get on my wheel and ride. As we proceeded pedaling, in the background I heard her yell out "You big ring *****!" My mom and I are good like that, we can joke around. Well, it's one that has stuck!
    Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar??

Age currently 34, 35 July 27th

Favorite bike: Calnago C40

What's in your stable? Calnago C40 & a Gary Fisher, Sugar III

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 40, riding road, down Mt. Lemmon.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Riding my bike with my mom and dad up Gates Pass, in my altered wedding dress (with white cycling shorts underneath) to get married. My husband on his bike, lead the wedding party that opted to cycle to the ceremony site. Unforgetable

Most memorable ride: "The shootout" in Tucson, Arizona and making it all the way around! It's a fast, hard ride that alot of pros come out to. They jokingly call it "the world championships". It's a rush!
    Last edited by BigRingB*tch; 05-03-2006 at 05:19 PM.

Triskelion - sorry to hear about the pocket rocket ! What a bummer...

BigRing - loved the most memorable bike moment. I think that's the most unique wedding I've heard of yet!

Quote Originally Posted by LL_Super_D
    Triskelion - sorry to hear about the pocket rocket ! What a bummer...

BigRing - loved the most memorable bike moment. I think that's the most unique wedding I've heard of yet!
    Hello and thanks LL Super D! Look forward to chatting with ya !

CMac-I sold the Elvish to my husband's nephew long ago when I wasn't biking so we'd have more room in the garage as it was to big for me..always regretted not keeping it..after all I did just fine with it when I rode it!

Welcome to the board everyone!

Trisk: Wow what adventures you've had! Sorry to hear about your Pocket Rocket tho! If you haven't met Denise Goldberg yet - you should. She's a big touring person also!

BRB: so you got pixs of your wedding day?? I would Love to see the altered wedding dress! And I loved the story behind your ID! Sounds like you have a cyling family! How fun!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Hello CorsaiMac,
    Yes, I do have some pics I would like to share. One problem...I am not very computer savvy. I will have to wait for my hubby to get home to help download them. I'll try to schmooze him and see if he will do it tonight.

I have to say that I am very lucky. My mom, dad and husband all compete in cycling. I trained my mom last year and she took second in nationals! I really do cherish this moment in time. Life is good!

Welcome, all!

I hadn't been by this board for awhile, and whew! There's a small village of new people! Welcome, all!

Cinderly--I have cousins that look nearly Asian , petite, with straight, dark hair, and almond-shaped eyes. Myself, I'm as tall, blonde & blue eyed as they come, and yet...some kids in jr. high called me "Chink". One summer we were at a family reunion in Nova Scotia, where the revered ancestor landed when he left Scotland back in the late 1700s. I showed one of the cousins a picture of a MicMac child in a tourist magazine. The kid's eyes looked just like my cousins'. We got all excited and went to the aunts and uncles, and said, "Look! This is why Laurie and Jeff and Megan and Heather (etc) look like they do! We must have some MicMac in the family!"

No.

We were assured by the next generation up that there were not any Indians in our family. Reeeealllly? Have you looked at your kids lately? Well, we of the cousins generation know the truth! Someone told me recently that being Scottish/Indian would make us McMicMac! By the time that blood got to me, it was well mixed with German, Swedish, Danish, and Welsh.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! And Big Ring, I *LOVE* your wedding pix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talking

Getting to Know You!
    Here it is ladies! Got this off another bike forum and had great fun! Just copy and paste then change to fit you!

Where do you live? Southampton..... U.K

Explanation of your handle: Ummmm I am not very adventurous when It comes to thinkin of names so bikerbabe was the first thing that came into my head sorry folks

Explanation of your avatar: ummmm avavtar?...... Can you have one then?

Age (general or specific) 33 on december the 13th

Favorite bike: Carrera LR3

What's in your stable? Specialized sport 03

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Ummmmm have no idea !!!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? - yep here dont have any of me on my bike yet tho!!!!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Ummmm decisions!!! Ahhhh "No hun my thighs dont ache at all..... I could do that again"....

Most memorable moment on my bike: Oh Ok well here goes and dont laugh..... Last year I was out cycling with boy friend .... this was before I took up cycling seriously It was getting late and dark too..... and we were at Ocean Village its like a quay where posh boats are docked so of course lots of rich people drink at the local bars and restaurants well I was showing off and took a left into what I thought was a way out and crashed right into a swing arm exit barrier out of a car park that wasnt there the last time..... the bike carried on and left me hanging over the barrier..... have to tell ya its the most memorable moment for me ever..... boyfriend said watch the pole hun..... "uhhhh..... what pole?....... Uggghhhhhh Bang!!!!...... Ahhhhhh .... Ha ha ha ha ha ha...... It was so funny!!!!!!

Most fun ever had on a bike? I have fun every time we go out on the bikes.... but a couple of weeks ago I went to the local common with boy friend and son because my son wanted to show me this amazing hill where he could do jumps and stuff on his stunt bike..... we cycled for an hour looking for something that resembled a hill and finally found a mound which I am sure was left by an anorexic mole..... with no feet..... but he got to show me his little jump and I have to say was great fun just cycling around and him showing off in front of his mum.....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"
    Last edited by bikerbabe; 05-06-2006 at 08:45 AM.

Where do you live? Birmingham, Alabama

Explanation of your handle: That's my user name on almost all forums ect... easy for me to remember and not common. Oh yea it's my last name and I'm proud of my German ancestry.
    Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar??

Age 36 feel 26.

Favorite bike: the one I have
    What's in your stable? Specialized Dolce

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I have no idea. I try not to think about how fast

Another picture of yourself or your ride? No pics yet.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't do (fill in the blank) because I'm too (fill in the blank)

Most memorable moment on my bike: Second ride on my bike. With my son and having him encourage me with a huge smile on his face like he was really proud of me.
    Most fun ever had on a bike? see above

Where do you live? Portland, OR

Explanation of your handle: Nothing exciting. First name, middle initial, first 2 letters of last name.

Explanation of your avatar: It's going to take me some time to think of one.

Age (general or specific): 33 in 2 weeks

Occupation: Office Manager of a community mental health/A&D treatment clinic. This relates to my interest in bikes in that I have received lots of useful advice from our criminal justice clients on how not to get my bike stolen.

Favorite bike: My baby blue, 1979 Ross Polo, girl's frame, with sissy handlebars and banana seat. I rode it from ages 6 to almost 13. Nothing will ever compare to that bike and how I felt riding it.

What's in your stable? My month-old Breezer Uptown 8, U frame

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Not sure, but I think I managed like 20-25 mph on a friend's road bike when I was in college in Ann Arbor, MI (the flat part!). I've not owned a road bike.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Not yet

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: After moving to Oregon and about riding: "I'm just going to take the worst of the rainy season off." 7 years later I am finally getting back on a bike.

Most memorable moment on my bike: I'd have to say the day I learned how to ride without training wheels. It took me 2 years to finally get it, even with my mom and dad trying everything they knew. It was so humiliating to not be able to ride a bike at 7 when I could read at 4. It felt like the weight of the world was taken off my shoulders the day I was able to ride with the other kids.

Most fun ever had on a bike? The 10 mile ride from Tahquamenon Falls State Park in Michigan to the nearest town. I was 17 and camping with my childhood best friend who was super athletic. She thought it would be a snap. She was huffing, puffing and swearing all the way there and back, while I found the first physical activity I was actually good at.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Triskeliongirl
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! And Big Ring, I *LOVE* your wedding pix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey, another newbie too! Thanks and welcome!

Thumbs up

Hello to Bikerbabe, Donnamber and Faust!

Where do you live? Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Explanation of your handle: green is my favourite color, and I'd like to think of myself as a lady (even though I'm not)

Explanation of your avatar: no avatar yet...

Favorite bike: whatever I'm riding at the moment...

What's in your stable? my city bike (Urban Alpha), my road bike (Airborne Wasp), BFs bikes, landlord's bike...

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I don't know; I'm still kind of slow...

Another picture of yourself or your ride? none yet

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I am very busy now... come see me later.

Most memorable moment on my bike: the first fall in the mud

Most fun ever had on a bike: passing buff-looking guys