Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 73 of 175 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianyla
    So... are you telling the truth or lying?
    You'll just have to figure that out.

Seriously, I am glad I found this forum. I've been lurking awhile, and figured I should just go ahead and post. After trying to keep up on my hybrid last year, I broke down and bought a bona fide road bike a month ago. I went waaaayyy over budget, but that's ok.

a little villiage in the middle of england!

Talking

Its way easy to go over budget on bikes!! We have 3 at the mo the most expensive by a british manufacturer Ribble lives in the bedroom the other two are parked up in the kitchen!
    uk girl

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    LOL. I know, it's a sick addiction.
    What is sick about it? Sheesh! And I've been thinking I'm pretty healthy.

where do I live? pay a mortgage in Providence, RI; live 3 days a wk in Belchertown, Mass.

what I do: am changin career, I am in law school--2L. Prior to this: was a therapist.

explanation of username: my Poppy's nickname for me when I was a little girl, it means "star" in italian. He came to the U.S in the early 1900's. He was a huge fan of Gino Bartali and the Giro d'Italia, and he was a major influence on me. A great man.

Fave bike: I have two: my colnago classic and kona cindercone

in my stable: the colnago; the kona (now converted to singlespeed, use on technical terrain); a 1960 Dunelt English 3 speed; my beater: an old batavus 10 speed.

fastest speed on road bike: 49.9 mph, going down a mountain road in NH. was afraid to go 50, so I feathered the brakes. This was too fast!

my biggest lie: "I'm straight." came out 20 years ago and don't have to lie anymore.

most fun on a bike: wow, too many to count! I'd say the most fun I had was last year when my daughter learned how to ride and we rode to the local ice cream palor. She beat me in a little race--the smile on her face was priceless! Then, she went on a dirt path next to the bike path--took a spill and said: "Mom, that was fun!" She may end up off-road with me yet!

picture; let me see if I can download. It did! this was taken after riding a century. changed into my fave shorts and beat up old loafers.

MY WORD, that picture is big! I am not sure how to make it smaller--sorry!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tracy cycling post-century ride.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	786  
    Last edited by stella*; 04-23-2006 at 10:19 PM.

welcome to the board tabby: so you skinned a 'coon coz you what?...wanted the skin? or did I miss something? I was crying I was laughing so hard about the roadkill thing. thanks for my afternoon smiles!

welcome to the board stella: what a neat story to go with your name. My NagyMama came over from Hungary and she could never say my name right. I remember as a little girl trying to tell her how to say my name. What I wouldn't give to hear her say my name wrong just one more time!

Hope to hear more from ya'll again!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    welcome to the board tabby: so you skinned a 'coon coz you what?...wanted the skin? or did I miss something? I was crying I was laughing so hard about the roadkill thing. thanks for my afternoon smiles!

welcome to the board stella: what a neat story to go with your name. My NagyMama came over from Hungary and she could never say my name right. I remember as a little girl trying to tell her how to say my name. What I wouldn't give to hear her say my name wrong just one more time!

Hope to hear more from ya'll again!

Hungarian food is great! I am 'married' to a hungarian...we went to a great hungarian restaurant in NYC about 1 mos. ago. Do you cook the food?

oh dear me no! If it don't cook up in the microwave or bake in the oven in under 30 mins with no prep time - it doesn't happen in my house! I live alone hun so there's only me, myself and I to feed. But I did get to spend 14 days in Hungary last Sept on a Food and Wine Tour that was just awesome!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

oh dear me no! If it don't cook up in the microwave or bake in the oven in under 30 mins with no prep time - it doesn't happen in my house! I live alone hun so there's only me, myself and I to feed. But I did get to spend 14 days in Hungary last Sept on a Food and Wine Tour that was just awesome!
    lol! I hear that one!

How was Hungary?

waves hello

Where do you live?: Bay Area, CA

Explanation of your handle: a nickname from a former coworker that involves a combination of letters from the full version of my first name (LL), the initial of my last name (D), and the possibility of being super

Occupation: an all in one data masseuse, marketeer, software trainer, consultant... well... something like that...

Favorite Bike: awww - I can't pick one... each one is cool in its own way

What's in your stable: Road - Giant OCR3 (aka Blue Sky); Mountain - Specialized Stumpjumper FSR (just got her so still working on a name); Beater/Commuter: an 11 yr old Specialized HardRock that's been wearing its purple faux fur Burning Man costume rather somewhat permanently (aka Purple Monster)

Fastest speed on a road bike: started road biking 4 months ago so not very fast yet (24 mph)

Another pic of yourself or ride: working on it... i like taking pictures and not being in them

Biggest lie ever told: Don't worry Mom and Dad, I know what I'm doing...

Most memorable moment on my bike: riding through the wineries in sonoma county on a beautiful spring day and suddenly realizing, "Hey I just biked 25 miles!", which I seriously didn't think I could do, cause I never did before

Most fun on a bike: biking out on the playa at Burning Man in the desert at night, under the light of the stars, checking out all the art installations, all the while meeting new people and making new friends and staying up to watch the sunrise over the mountains, the desert, and Black Rock City

Quote Originally Posted by LL_Super_D
    Most fun on a bike: biking out on the playa at Burning Man in the desert at night, under the light of the stars, checking out all the art installations, all the while meeting new people and making new friends and staying up to watch the sunrise over the mountains, the desert, and Black Rock City
    Welcome, welcome all!

LL--that sounds so, so cool. What is the "playa"? Beach? But it's in the desert...some year I may actually get to Burning Man. And take my bike. Sigh. Sounds beautiful.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Quote Originally Posted by stella
    lol! I hear that one!

How was Hungary?
    It was amazing - truly one of those places where antique meets high-tech and they live together very well. Still shows signs of the Communist occupation especially as we got close to the Ukrainian border, but for the most part they've been able to preserve their heritage. It isn't one of those "gosh I can't Wait to get back there" places but it is well worth going to see. And I would in interested to see it again in say 10 yrs.

Welcome to the board LL....hmmm an acronym of your name be LLSD? sry hun ---warped mind here. I Loved your occupation(s?) and your sense of humour comes through on your posts! Hope to hear more from you!

It was amazing - truly one of those places where antique meets high-tech and they live together very well. Still shows signs of the Communist occupation especially as we got close to the Ukrainian border, but for the most part they've been able to preserve their heritage. It isn't one of those "gosh I can't Wait to get back there" places but it is well worth going to see. And I would in interested to see it again in say 10 yrs.

Welcome to the board LL....hmmm an acronym of your name be LLSD? sry hun ---warped mind here. I Loved your occupation(s?) and your sense of humour comes through on your posts! Hope to hear more from you!

CorsairMac--if you get the chance, post some pics! It sounds like a very interesting country to visit.

LL, welcome!

Hi.

Where do you live? Northwest Arkansas

Explanation of your handle: I was Tuckervill before Tanya was cool!

Explanation of your avatar: Still deciding.

Age (general or specific): 44 year old gramma of baby Spencer (Donate to my March of Dimes Walk America page to help stop prematurity: http://www.walkamerica.org/personal_...60C99&w=598380 )

Occupation: I occupy myself with lots of things; youth baseball, riding my bike; unschooling; college, playing ukulele, and being Gramma. Too bad none of them pay money.

Favorite bike: Love my new 2006 Trek 4500 WSD

What's in your stable? My Trek, my son's Trek 4300 and a couple of Roadmasters that I bought off some guy for $50 each. I call them the Buicks.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Last road bike I had was in high school. It was stolen, like every other bike until now. But that bike saved me from a naked guy who followed me home in his car when I was 16.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't confess it in a public forum. ::blush:::

Most memorable moment on my bike: Yesterday. But maybe the naked guy in the car, too.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Last August, 105 degrees in high Arkansas humidity. My 12 yo son and I took off to do a 5 mile singletrack, missed a turn and ended up doing 12 really rugged miles. That's when I knew I could do it.

Lise: I hope you do one day make it to Burning Man - it really is quite an experience. The "playa" is the area where the Man and all the art exhibits are, while Black Rock City is where everyone camps... a little hard to imagine but here's a link to a satellite image: http://www.spaceimaging.com/gallery/...oster_1024.jpg
    Let me know if you ever plan to go.... I just may be there too.

CorsairMac: Thank you for the welcome! Tee hee hee... I loved the acronym! (How'd you know I always thought it would be funny to actually have the initials of LSD?!? Guess warped minds think alike )

Stella: Thank you too for the welcome!

Tuckervill: A big TE welcome to you. Having grown up in Hawaii, there's nothing like the sound of an ukulele.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck
    Hi there Lisa,

So nice to see another kiwi chickie around. Oh how i miss the NZ HILLS but not Auckland's weather.

Over here in Perth sweating and sharing the off road paths with the kangaroos (we had one jump accross the path last night...)

What do you mean you don't like hills?? You;re in NZ...make hills your friends...

How was the queen charlotte track? I know it's in the kennett bros book of top nz rides & would love to do it one day.

See ya

Cheryl
    Hi there Cheryl. Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner. I am slowly getting used to hills but think it will be a long time before i enjoy biking up them!
    The Queen Charlotte track was beautiful. I especially enjoyed the last 11km which was incredibly scenic. All the wekas running around were great. The VORB group bike the queen charlotte every year as a group so if you are interested in having someone else sort out the accommodation, boat trip etc and biking with a great group of people (over 40 people went last year), then check it out on www.vorb.org.nz. It is always organised for late November which is the last weekend before the track is closed to cyclists for the summer to make way for the heavy foot traffic of all the walkers/trampers.
    I highly recommend it (especially if you like hills....)

I also should reply to Corsairmac about where Christchurch is in New Zealand. It is about half way down the south island (yes, very imaginatively named islands...). I have just posted another picture of where I went biking over Easter under the international biking forum if you want to look.

Cheers
    Lisa