Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 69 of 175 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Where do you live? Gainesville, Georgia

Explanation of your handle: I met a girl once named Waverly and just thought it was to cool. I use it all the time!

Explanation of your avatar: ?? I don’t think I have one

Age (general or specific) 24

Favorite bike: The new pink Trek WSD

What's in your stable? Trek 2300 - road

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Around 40 mph on a local ride

Another picture of yourself or your ride?

Look below

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I blamed my brother for lighting a bunch of matches and leaving them in a cup in the kitchen. It was really me. The reason it was such a big lie is because I let him get a whipping twice before I confessed

Most memorable moment on my bike: I just find riding so peaceful I am not sure of my most memorable ride. The time we saved somewhere around 5 turtles from the middle of the road was neat. I will probably have to say my first organized ride was the most memorable. I had a blast.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Oh that one is too hard! I can’t pick!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Me.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	707  

Welcome, Waverly! 40 mph. Wow! Enjoy getting to know the TE boards. Lise
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Welcome one and all! It must be getting warmer in the Midwest - we seem to have a upsurge in the Midwestern newbies - and hello all!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Where do you live? Toronto, Canada

Explanation of your handle: I'm Australian, I'm Emma. Go figure.

Explanation of your avatar: They named a bike after me: Big Leg Emma. This is it.

Age (general or specific): 27

Favorite bike: 'my precious' (see below)

What's in your stable? Giant OCR 1, Giant Track Bike, Specialized Rockhopper

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?
    I broke the speed limit - over 80km/hr down a hill in the country in a club race handicap event. I was on fire that day (about 8 years ago now *sigh*)

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I've done it, so there's no reason you can't (to a beginner MTBer)

Most memorable moment on my bike: Winning my first open track race title.

Most fun ever had on a bike? I love the feeling of racing and going as hard as I can (even though I'm not particularly fast). Every race is fun!
    Last edited by AussieEm; 04-06-2006 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieEm
    Where do you live? Toronto, Canada

Explanation of your handle: I'm Australian, I'm Emma. Go figure.

Explanation of your avatar: They named a bike after me: Big Leg Emma. This is it.
    From one overseas Aussie to another welcome.
    Big Leg Emma cool bike. Actually I love all Pegoretti bikes.
    Love the Pic.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Where do you live? Watertown, SD

Explanation of your handle: It's a combo of my kids' names, Kate and Abbey, although I now realize I have another kid, Evan (who turns 5 on Monday!?)so I should probably update my handle!

Explanation of your avatar: Haven't had time to get an avatar yet.....

Age (general or specific) 35 for a couple more months

Favorite bike: my new Bianchi Vigorelli

What's in your stable? In my real stable, 3 horses and 3 goats. Bike stable: Vigo and a 1990 Trek 820(Old Red) are mine. All three kids and husband have trek hybrids/mtb so I need my old friend yet!

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 30.65 mph on my inagural ride today (and that's not downhill !! --- but it WAS windy!)
    Another picture of yourself or your ride? doesn't exist

What is the biggest lie you've ever told:

Most memorable moment on my bike: Riding as a family in Itasca State Park.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding my new road bike....it is a world of different from Old Red.
    Last edited by KabyMom; 04-07-2006 at 11:04 AM.

Welcome to the board ladies!

AussieEm: yet another aussie living somewhere else besides AussieLand - and here it's a place I've always wanted to go TO! LOL I loved the pix of the bike - sorry I'm not more familiar with it!

KabyMom: Welcome to the board and a new bike?? very nice my friend! I thought you answer to the stable question was just too cute!!

Hope to hear more from and again - welcome!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Real name: Judyy (yes, I use two -y's at the end--gotta have a little individuality)
    Where do you live? Milton, FL (near Pensacola)

Explanation of your handle: It was my radio call sign when I was in the Navy. You don't pick it--your colleagues pick one for you--they really saddled me with a whopper!

Explanation of your avatar: My only son--Cocoa, my chocolate shadow.

Age (general or specific) 53. So far, my 50s are shaping up as possibly my best decade yet.

Favorite bike: My Waterford 1900

What's in your stable? My Waterford; a Jamis cruiser for short rides around the neighborhood (lots of dirt roads). Had a sweet little Terry Symmetry until Hurricane Ivan washed it away in 2005. Thinking of getting a Bike Friday for travel.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Some of you will find this remarkable, but I just don't know. I like to go fast sometimes, but how fast is anybody's guess.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Why? What have you heard?

Most memorable moment on my bike: Finishing my first metric century. It was the first organized ride I had signed up for and I was planning to just ride the 35-mile route--that was the longest distance I'd ridden until then. But I started out riding next to a woman who said she was doing the metric and her longest training ride had been 25 miles. We were pacing each other pretty well, and I figured if she could do it, I could do it. And I did!!! It wasn't easy, but I was surprised to find how do-able it was.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Flying down the Walnut Street bridge on my little bike as a kid. Oh, you meant since I grew up? OK, then, flying down the hills in Vermont on my last bike tour. Woo-hoo!
    Last edited by Bad JuJu; 04-07-2006 at 01:22 PM.
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

Where do you live? Simi Valley, CA

Explanation of your handle: The Queen Song

Explanation of your avatar: I just love that WE CAN DO IT!

Age 43 on
    April 16!

Favorite bike: Looking for a road bike soon... Trek or Terry or...?

What's in your stable? A very heavy DiamondBack hardtail.

Fastest speed on a road bike? Haven't been on a road bike since my Huffy 10 speed in 1978 when I road like the wind.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: That's a repressed memory.

Most memorable moment on my bike: I taught myself how to ride a two-wheeler. I'm the youngest of nine and no one had time to teach me. The first time I actually got going down the street I tried to turn and ended up hitting the curb and over the bars! But I DID IT!

Most fun ever had on a bike? "Mountain biking" in the 70's with my brother on our 1950's Schwinn SuperCruises that we bought in a junkyard near my grandmas house in Idaho. We hauled them home to California, stripped and painted them, and off we went. No one in our neighborhood even dreamed of taking their skinny-wheeled ten speeds on the dirt!

Welcome ladies! You're in a happy place!

Fatbottomedgurl -- My son's birthday is also April 16! I like the Rosie avatar. I won a mug at the Women's History Month lunch at work last year that had the same pic on it.

Oh, look, another one!

Hello, I'm new. I'm not too good at these introduction thingys, so, onwards with the questionnaire!

Where do you live? San Fernando Valley, Southern California

Explanation of your handle: I love the snow, and my nickname is bear. I also use this handle on other forums I'm a part of.

Explanation of your avatar: I like the quote.

Age (general or specific): The birth certificate says 17. I usually act thereabouts.

Favorite bike: Anything comfy. I'm not a gear snob.

What's in your stable? Bianchi Bobcat, no idea what year it is. It's dark blue, and I lubs it.

Fastest speed on a road bike? Where? When? Not sure, but downhill I get going pretty fast.

Okey-day! (Yes, I'm wearing a book cover on my head. )

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "I'm fine."

Most memorable moment on my bike: There are so many! Probably biking around Big Sur's campground, with a four-year-old on a tippy two-wheeler with training wheels. Nerve wracking for me, but she was adorable.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Going downhill. There's something about the rush of wind, it gets my adrenaline pumping.

Hello to all the ladies!

Where do you live? Greenwood Village, Co

Explanation of your handle: My friends dubbed me Slinky. They felt it described by build as well as the way I hold myself when I walk. Pretty funny when I think about it. I don't think they were implying I move like the toy. Were they?

Explanation of your avatar: I don't have one yet.

Age (general or specific): I will be 36 in May. Every year gets better and better!

Favorite bike: I haven't decided yet. I am currently borrowing one until I make my decision.

What's in your stable? My sister's REI brand MTB.

Fastest speed on a road bike? Who knows? I don't roadbike, but when I was a kid, those downhills were a blast!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told:

Most memorable moment on my bike: The first time I endo'd. We were on BMX hills. I hot a hole at the bottom. I lugged my bike to the top of the hill and rode down with endoing. I felt so proud!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Most of my memories are from when I was a kid, riding around rural Colorado, petting the horses, screaming down the hills. I have just started riding again and hope to any many happy memories.

Hello

*waves*
    hello slinky1-Welcome-as you're in Colorado, do you ski by chance? I only know a few things about colorado-Skiiing and the Sundance Film fest....

I hope you find a bike that you love....!

Snowbear- *waves*
    I hate acting my age...who wants to act like they're 33( ) when they can act like they're 20...
    I know nothing about the sanfernando valley but i shall wander round the net to check it out. Umm..surfing??

*edited to say-now know san fernando valley is known for...-Wax on Wax off, *like gag me with a spoon dude...* and you're sort of close to the mojave desert...

c
    Last edited by crazycanuck; 04-11-2006 at 03:09 AM. Reason: cuz

Welcome to the board both of you!!

Snow: a Bobcat? is that a road bike??.....not familar with that but I do so love "vintage" bikes! now that spring is coming it's time for me to tune up my old trek!!

Slinky: whereabouts in CO? (from your neighbour in NM) and I really shoulda changed that one question - it should just read fastest speed.....coz road bike is just wayyyyyyy to limiting for our diverse group!

hope to hear more from ya'll!

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck
    Snowbear- *waves*
    I hate acting my age...who wants to act like they're 33( ) when they can act like they're 20...
    I know nothing about the sanfernando valley but i shall wander round the net to check it out. Umm..surfing??

*edited to say-now know san fernando valley is known for...-Wax on Wax off, *like gag me with a spoon dude...* and you're sort of close to the mojave desert...
    Yeah, like, ohmigaw, totally!

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    Snow: a Bobcat? is that a road bike??.....not familar with that but I do so love "vintage" bikes! now that spring is coming it's time for me to tune up my old trek!!
    I have no idea. I got it when I was 11, for my birthday, but I have no idea what year it is. I think it's an old mountain bike, but I'm not sure. I think I'll try to take a picture of it, and ask for help in the Bike forum. (Is that the correct forum to post to?)

Thanks for the welcome, both of you!