Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 68 of 175 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2614

To disable ads, please log-in.

Welcome to the board one and all!

Song: your explanation of your user ID brought such a smile to my face - what a great name to be remembered by!!

7: my first thougth was Star Trek - I was already to read that you were #7 of 9! Grad Student??...what subject if I may ask?

Cindy: has an Orbea?? I Love the colours of the Orbeas - there's one here in blues and greens that I lust after every time I see it. As for the Santa Fe Century - next time your up my way (Albuquerque) let me know, you got a place to stay if you need it and we could always ride the Bosque for rest and relaxation!

Hope to hear more from ya'll!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Hi! I'm new here. Here's a little about me...

Where do you live? Folsom, CA

Explanation of your handle: I just got a new Independent Fabrication Crown Jewel, thus Indy Gal

Explanation of your avatar: It's a pic of one of the decals on my bike

Age (general or specific) 43

Favorite bike: My IF Crown Jewel

What's in your stable? 2005 IF Crown Jewel, 2001 Lemond Poprad, 200? Raleigh R300, 1986 Schwinn Sprint

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? not really sure... In the 30's, I think, on a descent during the Waves to Wine.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "It's not you, it's me..."

Most memorable moment on my bike: My first organized ride. It was only 38 miles, but I felt like I'd done a century. I was pretty proud of myself.

Most fun ever had on a bike? The MS Society Waves to Wine ride last year. Just a wonderful two days on a bike. Perfect weather, beautiful scenery and great camaraderie all supporting a worthy cause. Doesn't get much better than that!

Welcome

Hello Lisa,

Welcome to our funky board. There are so many new chickies that it's hard to keep up!

What's Folsom like??? Never been to California...

See ya

cheryl

corsair - i'm working on getting my phd in zoology, concentrating mainly on animal behavior (specifically, maternal)
    "humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and immature." - tom robbins

Welcome to the board Indy! I had to smile when I read the explanation of your ID - I thought you were IndyGal coz you were from Indianapolis and/or Indiana! Having a new IF bike is waaaaaayyyyyy much cooler!! Congrats on the new bike!

#7? good luck on your Ph.D my friend. One of my riding buddies here is working on her dissertation right now in ecological preservation (biology) and she's a trip to ride with: points out all the flora and fauna and rather it really belongs here or not and how it impacts our environment! very educational bike rides!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by IndyGal
    Explanation of your handle: I just got a new Independent Fabrication Crown Jewel, thus Indy Gal
    Ooh, and I'm close enough to drool. Niener-niener.

I'll be sure to let you know of rides we organize so everyone can drool. There are quite a few of us who get together.

Do you race cyclocross? use your Poprad on the road?
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Where do you live? Sylvania, Ohio

Explanation of your handle: My favorite bike

Age (general or specific) 40

Favorite bike: Airborne Torch - which is one of the bikes I currently have

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 35 on flat ground, just to see how fast I could go

Another picture of yourself or your ride? don't have any pics

Most memorable moment on my bike: When I unfortunately crashed going 20 mph. I was banged up pretty badly but not seriously. I guess my higher power was on duty that day.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Getting lost on a century last year with my husband which gave us the opportunity to see some places we had never seen.
    In life it isn't how many moments you breathe but how many moments take your breath away!

hey airborn...i was born in sylvania (grew up in toledo). nice to meet some ohio people
    "humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and immature." - tom robbins

Where do you live? St. Louis

Explanation of your handle: I figure that's an easy one.

Explanation of your avatar: Still looking

Age (general or specific) 41

Favorite bike: Lemond Buenos Aires

What's in your stable? Buenos Aires, older Gary Fisher Kaitai, and a frankenbike (old, free Schwinn frame with a hodge podge of parts)

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 45, Marshall Road in St. Louis, last summer. This road is part of various routes around west county.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Like everyone else, I don't tell lies.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Luckily I wasn't on my bike, but unfortunately the most memorable event is one that I would rather not remember. I had my bike on my roof rack and backed up under an awning at work to unload some helmets. I completely destroyed my frame. I did this one week before I was scheduled to ride in the MS150. I was able to get a lower price replacement frame and build it up Thursday night. I went to the ride on Friday. I rode the new frame a little Thursday night and Friday morning on rollers to get things dialed in.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Finishing a ride feeling strong and fast.

Hey Number7. Wow what a small world! Great to hear from someone who knows what and where Sylvania is.
    In life it isn't how many moments you breathe but how many moments take your breath away!

Welcome all! You've come to a great place!

7- Where do you go to school and what critters are you working on. My M.S. dealt with a combo of behavior (kin recognition) and molecular biology - recognition of genetic relatedness through chemical cues in salamanders. I went more towards population genetics (marine shrimp) with the Ph.D., though. When do you expect to finish?

Where do you live? Rolla, Missouri

Explanation of your handle: I am a professional classical pianist

Explanation of your avatar: Don't have one yet

Age (general or specific) Just turned 45 in March and love it!

Favorite bike: Trek

What's in your stable? 2005 Trek 7300 WSD hybrid (my baby)

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Missouri has lots of hills; have gone down one at 29 mph. Did that on Saturday!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'm too busy riding to have my picture taken. Besides, my dear husband doesn't want to stop riding to TAKE my picture!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Lie? Who? Me? Never....well, maybe a white lie......or something like that!

Most memorable moment on my bike: The first hill I conquered! What a rush to KNOW that I could do it! Probably when I biked more than 1 mile as well!!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding every time is more fun than the last. I'm lucky in that my dear husband and I LOVE to ride together! We've even got our boys riding.

i'm at michigan state (go spartans!), and i work with rodents. i hope to be finished in about a year and a half, but who knows.

hee hee hee

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "It's not you, it's me..."

Yep, been there

Number 7 "i work with rodents. i hope to be finished in about a year and a half, but who knows. "

Hey #7, my neice, uk eliphant is working on her Phd in rodents too, lemmings and other kinds of animal life I think.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/