Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 66 of 175 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Welcome to the board Miffy! Your avatar is just too cute! new Fuji eh? Lucky you! May you and he/she have many years together and hope to hear from both of you again!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Thanks! I know it is a little off this topic, but I have gleaned so much from reading through everyone's various posts. I really appreciate how nice the environment is on these boards. It's neat how a lot of you seem to know each other off of the boards. I sense a real spirit of comraderie and support from everyone and for everyone, and I think that is just great.

Get to know you...

Where do you live? Sacramento, California

Explanation of your handle: Clueless at this point

Explanation of your avatar: in process

Age (general or specific) 33

Favorite bike: Cilo - learning about different and newer models

What's in your stable? Cilo 1980 - something. Kept the heavy frame but replaced wheels, seat, general stuff.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 28 near American River, Sacto 2 years ago

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Cinderella 2005

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: That I could drive a stick shift at 16 and then got the farm truck stuck in the mud early spring in Massachusetts. Not fun explaining that one. I am a horrible story teller...

Most memorable moment on my bike: High school biking early morning before school just to get some alone time riding through town

Most fun ever had on a bike? Doing pretend ballet on the bike during a long ride.

hello

Hi martha!

NIce to see you here on our funky board.

Are you doing the cinderella ride again??

See ya !!

cheryl

Where do you live? A teeny, tiny farming town called Bainbridge, Georgia

Explanation of your handle: A close friend of mine reminds me on a regular basis that whatever I do, do it joyfully....
    Explanation of your avatar: ummmm...where do you get those, anyway?

Age (general or specific) 35 (soon to be 36 in April)

Occupation: Homeschooling mom to three children, wife, and Ringmaster of the circus..

Favorite bike: my trusty, old Giant Mountain Bike that has recently died..WWAAAAHHHHH!!!!

What's in your stable? Acutally, one is on the way.. A Raliegh Grand Sport..
    I wanted to just get a newer version of my Giant, but every bike shop in town keeps telling me that I really don't want to do a tri with a mountain bike...

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I have no idea... I imagine I will hit a pretty good speed sometime this week
    Another picture of yourself or your ride? I will put a pic up when I finsish my tri... promise!!!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Well, uuummmm.... You guys are great, but some things are best told to a priest, therapist, or a VERY closemouthed, trustworthy friend.

Most memorable moment on my bike:I used to live in Augusta, Georgia. My neighbor and I went on a sixty-mile bike up the Savannah river, into the north end of Columbia county, and then headed back to downtown Augusta, which is where we lived. It was a perfect day, and the ride was easy, with not one single crazy driver. I loved it..

Most fun ever had on a bike? Okay, this may be telling... Last year, I was riding through town. I took a back road to avoid traffic, and this guy saw me, and stood out in the middle of the road, trying to make me stop. Normally , I am very timid and would have just turned around. Instead, I sped up, looked at him dead in the eye, and said," Don't make me run over you." He stepped aside...It was great!!! ( Does that make me warped?)

Welcome, Larissa! You're right, you don't want to do a tri with a mountain bike! (voice of experience here ) Enjoy your new bike, and welcome to the TE boards! When's your tri? Come tell us about it on the triathlon board. Lise
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Where do you live? SF Bay Area

Explanation of your handle: I used to dance, but I've just started to get into cycling instead. I'm hoping to start doing sprint triathalons next year.

Age (general or specific): 22

Favorite bike: My pretty (see below)

What's in your stable? Orbea Mitis

Fastest speed on a road bike? I'm new to this, so I'm cautious. Ask me next year.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "I can totally afford this."

Another picture of yourself or your ride?

Most memorable moment on my bike: Getting my first bike of my own, when I was 7 or 8. It was bright pink with a polka dot banana seat. We had such good times!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding with my father, whenever I'm in town. He's really passionate about the sport, and it's very inspiring. Maybe one day I'll be able to keep up with him...

Welcome, Lisa! My name's pronounced the same as yours, just the Danish spelling. How wonderful to love riding with your dad. Glad to have you with us here. Lise
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Welcome all to the board!!!

Martha: there are several ladies here doing the Cindy - are you riding it again this year??

Joyfully: the secret "they" society is correct - you don't want to do a Tri on a MTB - unless you're wanting to use it to train for something else! I Loved your most memorable moment tho - we are women, hear us Roar eh? LOL

Lisa: a new Orbea?? waaaahaaaa I Love the colour schemes on the Orbeas but I hear ya on the "I can afford this" game - I've played That one many a times!

Hope to hear more from ya'll and again - welcome!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

I'm new to the board, as well, and have really enjoyed learning from all of you. I have especially enjoyed the crash stories! Thanks for scaring me right off my bike!

Where do you live? Vancouver, WA

Explanation of your handle: Used it on ebay, it's just my name and the year I was born

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar??

Age (general or specific) 36

Favorite bike: I think I'd like to try a Terry Symmetry or Isis

What's in your stable? Fuji Roubaix, Fuji Crosstown Hybrid

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 35, down a long hill by my home

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Not yet.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Sure, I'd love to watch your kids for you!

Most memorable moment on my bike: My goal last summer was to go all around the lake by my home (about 18 miles) including the big hill with no bike lane up the south side. I did it, without too much pain and without falling off!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Anytime I ride with my sister-in-law and we get to relax and talk a little.
    "It's a fine line between hobby and mental illness."

Where do you live? Toronto, Ontario

Explanation of your handle: Pretty obvious My tag line is a result of the ever growing number of bicycles in my basement.

Explanation of your avatar: The love of my life and the only picture I had small enough (from a dog forum).

Age (general or specific) 36

Favorite bike: I love my used Surly which miraculously appeared on ebay just as I was in the market for this particular bike (with dura-ace and ultegra no less).

What's in your stable? Aforementioned Surly. A Cervelo One that I really need to sell now that I have realized that I will never have enough time to train for triathlons for this bike to make a difference and also to pay for the latest acquisition - De Vinci Dragonfly. I also have a couple of commuter specials (one Walmart special and one decentish Giant) that I acquired pre-Surly and haven't touched since that I really should do something about.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 60+km/hr down the Don Valley (okay so that's cheating) during a charity ride. Fastest speed self-powered is about 35km/hr during Triathlon.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have any.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: When I told my friend I wouldn't buy another bike until I got rid of a few of the old ones...

Most memorable moment on my bike: Trying to figure out clipless pedals while riding around in circles on the grass in a local park...that or insisting that the training wheels come off my bike when I was six and riding that little red bike up and down the street by myself until I figured out how to balance.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Mountain biking for the first time in the Durham forest. Beating my brother-in-law up the hill to York Mills without even breaking a sweat.

Ok My turn on this one :)

Where do you live? Herndon, VA (but I'm from NY)

Explanation of your handle: I guess I need one of those too!

Explanation of your avatar: I don't have one yet!

Age (general or specific): Turning 30 this year!

Occupation: Licensed Veterinary Technician in a ALL cats hospital. I am also a belly dancer.

Favorite bike: My Giant OCR WSD

What's in your stable? My OCR and my husbands OCR composite limited

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 28mph on a straightway on the WOD trail- just did that yesterday!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? You can always catch pixes of me on my website www.amcgltd.com

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: ME lie? BWHAHAHAH!! I'll have to think about this one.. too many to choose from!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Having that euphoric feeling that you really can go THAT fast on a downhill!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Still waiting for that moment!

Talking Hey gals, nice to meet you.

Where do you live? San Francisco, CA

Explanation of your handle: Just a fun play on my full name.

Explanation of your avatar: avatar?? Stole it off my Yahoo IM. I wish I had those earrings.

Age (general or specific) 29

Favorite bike: The 06 Colnago Cristallo is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L.

What's in your stable? For now a Lemond Nevada City & Specialized Stumpjumper FSR though I'm currently looking for a new road ride to add to the collection. Maybe next month....

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I've hit 38mph coming down a steep descent in the Presidio. What a rush!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Hmm, can't think of one. I should get on that.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Don't worry honey. A metric century will be easy for you even though you haven't been on a bike for 6 months. Haven't gotten him back on since.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Probably when I went over my handlebars thanks to a tree root in Goldengate Park. It was definitely memorable but not fun.

Most fun ever had on a bike? First time I caught the rhythm on Paradise Rd. We were flying and I was drenched but grinning ear to ear by the time we reached the bakery.

hey Erin,

Welcome! We're both in SF and we're the same age...sounds like you have quite a bit of cycling experience under the belt though!

Hey Miffy, thanks for the welcome.

Been biking on and off a few years but really just fell hard for it last summer. Still in training wheels but getting better each day. Let me know if you want to go for a ride sometime, I'm always up for it, road or mountain. Have racks will travel