Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 59 of 175 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by sydney_b
    Favorite bike: custom waterford with rohloff hub on order
    Be happy I don't live by you. You'd be cleaning up a lot of drool and fingerprints.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

A Waterford?? One of these days - you just wait....one of these days.......I'll park it right next to my Waterford Candy Jar so I can have all my Waterford in one place!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Where do you live? North Carolian

Explanation of your handle: It's my bike - a very old Pink & White CIOCC

Explanation of your avatar: mmmm - I'll have to find one first...

Age (general or specific) 36

Favorite bike: my CIOCC but currently looking for a new one!!!

What's in your stable? 1987 CIOCC road bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 36 - on my last ride - down a big hill.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? don't have any right now.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: No sweetie, I'm not holding back for you... you're keeping up just fine. or was it... no my butt doesn't hurt - whatever gave you that idea - I know I'm not walking funny...

Most memorable moment on my bike: Every time I accomplish a new best time or finish the longest ride yet (even if it is only a 1/2 mile farther than the last one)

Most fun ever had on a bike? All of my rides in the park with my son.
    Last edited by pnkciocc; 02-14-2006 at 12:27 PM.

Welcome to the board Pnk! CIOCC?? Never heard of that one.......where is it from?? And both my road bikes are pushing 20 yrs of age and still going strong - gotta love vintage!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Thanks, CIOCC is Italian - pronounced choach. I've never seen another one but I think the company still makes bicycles.

Welcome, Vicky!

Nice bike!

http://www.ciocc.it/default-eng.htm
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

If you don't bring that Waterford by my house some day on your way home so that I can drool all over it, my little feelings are going to be hurt!

When's it due, anyway?
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

Wink Been here, better do this!

I've been around for a month or two, so I figured it was time I got around to this!

Where do you live? Springfield, VA

Explanation of your handle: My biggest desire would be to swim like a fish--so until they figure out a way to give me gills, I'll do the best I can

Explanation of your avatar: avatar?? Goes with the handle. I'm an avid Scuba Diver, instructor, and do some gear testing for a national Scuba magazine.

Age (general or specific) 44

Favorite bike: My new Specialized Dolce Comp

What's in your stable? above, and several POS mountain bikes

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Don't know--I need to get a speedometer!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? no pics yet

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm the fastest on a bike (sure, yea, that's the ticket!)

Most memorable moment on my bike: Has to be the island tour I took on a rental bike on Ambergris Caye, Belize. It was wild, fun, and beautiful.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Hopefully haven't had that yet! But riding with the kids is lots of fun.

I love this discussion board. A wealth of knowledge, and lots of fun!

WElcome Fishy - I was wondering what your avatar was, figured it was you but I've missed some posts with vacations etc so just figured I'd missed yours. You figure out how to get gills - let me know!

Corsair "fish outta water" Mac!

Where do you live? Bethany Beach, DE

Explanation of your handle: It's a long story.

Explanation of your avatar: When I get one, I'll splain it

Age (general or specific) On the way to a metric century

Favorite bike: Mine!

What's in your stable? Trek Pilot 5.2 (insert very big smile here), and a bunch of old and older road bikes - Gitane, Fuji, Raleigh

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? There are no hills here, so not very fast.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I'll try and post one here, but bike has new seat and pedals now.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Of course I remember ... (fill in the blank)

Most memorable moment on my bike: All of them except for the times I crashed. Hmm - they were pretty memorable too come to think of it.

Most fun ever had on a bike? have to think about that - when I got the Pilot it was a such a huge order of magnitude better than what I had been riding that I can't even imagine that I rode that old one for so long. And that was a good bike! So they are ALL fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trek bike.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	571  

withm, welcome to the forums.

Mel

Pretty! Welcome to the forum! i love it hope you do too!
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

Smile Getting to Know Lorri

Where do you live? San Mateo, CA (just south of San Francisco)

Explanation of your handle: It's my company name -- Velo Girls

Age (general or specific) 40 -- but I say I'm 35 in my online dating profiles -- men don't understand that 40 year old women are sexy, savvy, and sassy!

Favorite bike: I can't play favorites because the others will get jealous

What's in your stable? Trek Madone 5.9 SL with Campy Record (white with pink & silver flames and wheels I built myself -- pink Chris King hubs laced with silver spokes and silver Velocity rims), Lemond Victoire (for sale, wanna buy it?), Felt S22 time trial bike with a Zipp disk, Luna Orbit custom cyclocross bike (pink and purple) currently built up as a single speed (more pink hubs), Ritchey Break-Away steel cyclocross frame (also for sale), Ritchey Break-Away titanium cyclocross bike (a prototype frame that I was lucky enough to get for nationals -- thank you, Ritchey), Litespeed Pisgah hardtail mountain bike (with pink and silver streamers), Rivendell Atlantis touring bike that I built up myself, and a really cool track bike that I need to sell because I don't ride it and it deserves to be loved a lot (built by Dale Sasso for Bobby Walthour). Oh, and a 1968 Murray tricycle (red ) that was my very first bike!

What bikes do you covet? I'm planning to build up a single speed mountain bike soon. I've got my eyes on the Bianchi P.U.S.S. just because it's pink. I also want to get a true single speed cyclocross bike to replace the Luna. Alas.....no more new bikes until I sell a few.....

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 56.2 on one of the California AIDS Rides -- descending from the Evil Twins. Luckily, I couldn't see the speed on my computer at the time or I probably would've freaked out. Anything over 45 usually makes that little voice in my head scream.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't like to be photographed.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I don't really lie (well, except for my age in my online dating profiles).

Most memorable moment on my bike: Dang! That's a tough one. Recently, it would be my three-week self-supported tour in upstate NY (where I grew up) to celebrate my 40th (I mean 35th) birthday. It was an important trip for me. I'd been off the bike for a good part of the year due to two surgeries, so I had six weeks to regain the fitness to do this trip. There's nothing as empowering as travelling by bike (a bike I built up all by myself), carrying all your gear, visiting places I'd lived, friends, my parents' graves. I met the most incredible people, had some wild adventures, and was able to relive (and relieve) some of my past. I plan to ride cross-country to celebrate my 45th (I mean 40th) in 2010.

Most fun ever had on a bike? That's another tough one. I think it would be the day I discovered The Shells -- a really cool dirt park (jumps) hidden right on the bay in Foster City. I rode around like a little kid, jumping, getting air, and being generally foolish.

Worst time ever on a bike Kinda sad, but this one's an easier answer. Getting hit by a car ranks high on this list. So does crashing at Nationals. But I think my all-time worst day was a date. It was a second date with this guy I didn't really like. I had the crazy idea that we should go on a tandem ride (he had a tandem and I'd never ridden one and was curious). I know some folks love to tandem, but it sure wasn't fun for me -- sitting on the back of a bike, feeling completely out of control, needing to trust someone I barely knew, and staring at his butt for hours. Sheesh! I'm sure that statement right there will tell you all more about me than anything else I've written.

Honored t' meetcha, Lorri! Welcome to the forum!

~BikeMomma
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

That's a great date story! Funny too. i know what you mean, and welcome!!!! My husband just started building bikes and it is really is good for him. He takes a lot of pride in it.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!