Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 55 of 175 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by BikeMomma
    OOOooooh! Your baby is a Fuji too?? I LOVE my Fuji baby. I named her Flicka. Black, ornery, and fast!
    Welcome to the board, Linda!
    Yes! What kind of Fuji do you have? I named mine "Midori" (I wanted a Japanese girl's name). I'm obsessed with mine! I'm so glad I'm not alone in my Fuji-love! Thanks for the welcome, I'm excited to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Girl
    Yes! What kind of Fuji do you have?
    When I got it last year, I couldn't contain myself...here's the thread:
    http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=2393 The link to the Fuji site still works.
    Here's a pic of the two of us (same as my avatar, but clearer):
    http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showp...5&postcount=27
    Love it!
    ~BikeMomma
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by BikeMomma
    When I got it last year, I couldn't contain myself...here's the thread:
    http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=2393 The link to the Fuji site still works.
    Here's a pic of the two of us (same as my avatar, but clearer):
    http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showp...5&postcount=27
    Love it!
    ~BikeMomma
    Wow!! That's an AWESOME bike. Some day I will work my way up to carbon, but right now I'm not worthy. Good for you!

Welcome to the board Fuji - we are ALL worthy of carbon - some of us are just waiting for our ships to come in and drop them off at our houses!
    and yes - I've been a member here for who knows and I Still get excited about coming here every day to catch up on the latest "news". No matter how bad my day someone here always brings a smile to my face, offers a bit of info that makes me go hmmmmm, or shares something that honours and humbles me (yeah I know Trekhawk...tough to do). Hope to hear more from you and Midori!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Oops, i haven't does this yet, even though I've been posting. Call me the rebel!

Where do you live? Morgan Hill, CA

Explanation of your handle: I've had it since my Prodigy days (remember Prodigy?) in the late 80's. It was my e-mail address.

Explanation of your avatar: If you can't see one, it means you don't have "the gift"

Age (general or specific) 36 on Jan 11th!

Favorite bike: Just Mine.

What's in your stable? Giant OCR Carbon Fiber 2 and my good old 80's Hardrock (also 3 kids bikes, a tricycle, my husband's LeMond and his Tomassini and his old Schwinn from his college days and his S works Mtn. Bike)

Fastest speed on a road bike? I think I made 22 riding down Bailey in San Jose.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Nothing postable

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "Of course there's a Santa Clause!"

Most memorable moment on my bike: Finishing my birthday ride, which was also my first ride - it was 24 miles and I was so proud of myself!

Most fun ever had on a bike? My husband and I took our bikes to Monterey and road up 17 mile drive (saw a whale!) and down Cannery Row on one of the most beautiful days I've ever seen. It was so much fun riding with him, which we never do because one of us has to watch the kids. Then we had coffee and laughed and watched the ocean. It was truly great!

OK, here goes it...

Where do you live? Canyon Lake, CA (South Riverside County)

Explanation of your handle: Not very creative, first initial, last name

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar??

Age (general or specific) comin' up on 41

Favorite bike: My old Cannondale Touring Bike

What's in your stable? A 1996 Cannondale T700 and a 1995 Trek 7000 (hand me down from DH) and soon a Specialized Roubaix Comp

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 43 during a century ride in Santa Cruz County EONS ago! (Strawberry Century... ) ... scared the beegeebers out of myself, by the way!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have any pics of myself - I will get one soon!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: to my now DH while we were dating... no, I don't get PMS...

Most memorable moment on my bike: Making it up highway 9 to Skyline from Saratoga! ...thought I was gonna die! AND.. when I was going through my mandatory 3X falls on y clipless peddles - having my DH yell at me to GET UP!! (doubt he'll ever do that again without askin if I'm okay first )

Most fun ever had on a bike? My first Cinderella... or actually, the finish!!

I LOVE this forum and am SO happy I found it!

Tracy

welcome to the board rebel Cari! I saw your avatar but I'm guessing I can't share it with anyone else unless they have the "gift" too right??!! and let me see Prodigy? besides what my parents always refer to me as you mean?

welcome to the board tprevost! a 95 Trek eh? sounds like the vintage Treks are trying to rule the world! I ride a 97 Trek 1100. Congrats on your new Roubaix tho - lucky you! I'm still waiting for my knight (night?) in shining armour to ride up on my new custom-built Luna, or Trek carbon fiber, or Rivendell, or.........I'll let ya'll know just as soon as he gets here!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Thank you for the welcome!!! After reading about them and then seeing a pink polka dot Trek Project One bike, I need to have one of those as my dream bike!!! You ladies are gonna get me into BIG Trouble!!!

Tracy

Where do you live? Connecticut

Explanation of your handle: Mmm. Complicated. It tangentially involves my two favorite colors (orange and green), the color of my first "real" road bike, and my enviro roots.

Age (general or specific): 28

Occupation: Policy analyst for a regional environmental non-profit

Favorite bike: Oh, how can I choose?

What's in your stable? Of course they all have names:

Mango: 1999 orange LeMond Alpe d'huez roadie with Campy: my "city" bike
    Ramona Quimby: 2004 Cannondale T2000 touring bike, my daily ride now that it's winter in the northeast
    Tomato: 2000 (?) (CAAD 4?) red Team Cannondale Campy Record roadie: my nice weather bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Hmm. Not sure. I caught some speed on some of the Queen Anne hills when I lived in Seattle...40+ something?

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Hmm. Incriminate myself, why?!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Most recently, the finish line of the 108 mile NYC century in September. It was a long ride, which is not a big deal, but it was the longest last "20 miles" of my life, with all the starts and stops of the city bike riding. Overall, it was an amazing day.

(Or was it when I was still trying to like mountain biking, and it was failing, and I was crying and I tried to throw my old POS Cannondale MTB off the side of a cliff on a trail in SW Washington state?)

Most fun ever had on a bike? My first century, the NYC Century, of course! Though I very much enjoyed riding in Portland, OR a few summers ago and being spoiled by Breakfast on the Bridge on my commute into work (organic fair-trade coffee, organic berries on homemade organic pancakes...mmm)

Welcome to the board Rusty! Ramona Quimby?? Dare I ask where or what that came from?? your story about trying to take up mtb'ng had me smiling - I tried it this summer too. I haven't given up on it yet but I'm just too much of a roadie at heart - I kept thinking this mtb'ng was really hard work for not going anywhere! LOL

Smile Hello Chicas!!!

Where do you live? Orlando, Fl

Explanation of your handle: It is political, nuff said...!

Explanation of your avatar: It is temporary... but I like it!

Age (general or specific): 35

Favorite bike: Specialized Dolce Elite or Tarmac. Could be my award if I lose weight, I don't deserve a great bike yet.

What's in your stable? Specialized Sirrus '05 pimped with Shimano 105 components and looking to add more bling bling!!

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Hahahahaha!! That would be the speed ordinary people warm up. C'mon I just started!!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? "I don't have very many pixs of myself - I hate having my pix taken" - CorsairMac

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "I don't love you anymore!"

Most memorable moment on my bike: The day I bought my bike and realized I could run my bike with a bad knee!! WOOOHOO!!!

Most fun ever had on a bike? I have not had sex on my bike yet!! Lol... just kidding! I AM having the time of my life running my bike!!!

ROFL Jo - Loved your bio - but I hafta ask: why would you run your bike? wouldn't it be more fun to ride your bike?? or maybe you have a tri bike and you swim your bike too?

Sorry I couldn't resist but your sense of humour was so evident in your bio I knew you'd appreciate it!! As for a good bike: hunny hunny hunny - we ALL deserve good bikes, its just finding the bloomin money tree so we can Get them!!

Welcome to the board!

Where do you live? Los Angeles, California

Explanation of your handle: I started using it because I ride motorcycles. Then I got into racing (running and tris) and it still makes sense.

Explanation of your avatar: That's my Mexican Hairless dog, Chopper.

Age 37 - Nov 26

Occupation: Freelance in TV productions, mostly awards shows and specials

Favorite bike: I don't think I know enough yet to answer this - but I love my road bike.

What's in your stable? Mountain bike - an entry level Jamis that I got November 2004 and a Road Bike - de Rosa Corum (steel) that I've had since July, 2005. Can I list my motorcycles, too? Ducati 750 Monster and Suzuki 650.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 39.5 downhill in a triathlon on my mountain bike. I am looking forward to doing my first tri with my road bike on March 18th.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: what, me lie, never!

Most memorable moment on my bike: The first time I rode to the top of a mountain. I never would have tried it on my own, but a friend convinced me that I would be able to make it, and I did. Now, I try to find nice climbs whenever I go out.

Quote Originally Posted by velodrome.co.nr
    Where do you live? Staffordshire, UK

Age (general or specific) 3rd April 1985

Favorite bike: Carrera Valour 2003 and My Swinnertons Custom Track Bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 62mph, erm downhill near the Winking Man Climb in Leek, UK

i consider myself as more of a endurance rider on the Track
    I am also really in to music and was in a highly successful band in the UK but now I've gone solo.
    i feel i need to be honest

Andy, thank you. Candor is always appreciated.