Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 52 of 175 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

SadieKate ahead by .50 bikes

Do I hear 9 bikes? Going once, going twice...and the record goes to SK. Unless Robin Williams is lurking here in drag. I read that he has over 50 bikes.
    Last edited by Trek420; 01-01-2006 at 09:13 AM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by jobob
    Let me guess, it probably wasn't a Coor's Light ...

( pkq, you may feel free to slap me upside the head for that if and when we ever meet )
    Naw, I'll hand you a Coors Light to drink. I'll even pay for it, since mine was a freebie from a friend. Probably helped the flavor.

Where do you live? Phoenix, Arizona

Explanation of your handle: When I was a fairly new commuter pilot, you didn't hear female voices on the radio too often. One day we heard a female pilot and my captain said "there's another empty kitchen". It became my email address and handle after that!

Explanation of your avatar: don't even know what an avatar is, but I'll look for one on sale at Target

Age (general or specific) 40

Favorite bike: don't know too many, so would have to say MINE!

What's in your stable? Giant OCR 3 and Motive Smoothie mountain bike

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 25mph yesterday going down a hill (I'm new to the sport so hope to break this "record" soon!)

Another picture of yourself or your ride? must get hubby to take pic....

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: let's not go there....

Most memorable moment on my bike: just got my bike a month and a half ago and got clipless pedals a couple weeks ago. Dragged down the Christmas tree by accident practicing clipping in and out of pedals in living room.

Most fun ever had on a bike? it's all fun, and just beginning!

Great forum here; you chicks rock, and I hope to learn a lot from you all!

Quote Originally Posted by mtkitchn

Where do you live? Phoenix, Arizona

Explanation of your handle: When I was a fairly new commuter pilot, you didn't hear female voices on the radio too often. One day we heard a female pilot and my captain said "there's another empty kitchen". It became my email address and handle after that!
    Hi mtkitchn - welcome aboard (bet you have only heard that a few times).
    Love the handle.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Quote Originally Posted by mtkitchn
    Most memorable moment on my bike: just got my bike a month and a half ago and got clipless pedals a couple weeks ago. Dragged down the Christmas tree by accident practicing clipping in and out of pedals in living room.

Most fun ever had on a bike? it's all fun, and just beginning!

Great forum here; you chicks rock, and I hope to learn a lot from you all!
    Hey, Sue, welcome to the forum! I truly laughed out loud at the image of you knocking over the Christmas tree while clipping in and out!

So cool that you're a pilot--it's an old, old dream of mine.

Your Christmas tree adventure reminds me of a story about my Mom. When she was a little girl, her parents surprised her with her first bike, and a copy of the book Heidi. The story is she spent the entire day perched on the bike, reading the book. Fast forward 50 years...my mom's quit smoking, started biking again (on her mom's old three speed) and joined a bike club. We three "kids" got her the bike of her dreams for Christmas. And a new copy of Heidi. She's never looked back. Put over 1,500 miles on her new bike the first year.

Best wishes in the new year! Lise
    Last edited by Lise; 01-01-2006 at 05:21 PM.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Kudos to mom, Lise...and what a cool present from her kids!
    Welcome to TE, Sue and others...
    Happy happy!
    -BikeMomma
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Where do you live? San Jose, CA

Explanation of your handle: Love playing in the mountains, and if there is a puddle or two I love to splash in it!

Explanation of your avatar: What is that?
    Age (general or specific) 30 Oct. 29, 75

Favorite bike: my first one, specialized Dolce

What's in your stable? Specialized Dolce

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Don't know my computer isn't working!!
    Another picture of yourself or your ride? None yet..
    Most memorable moment on my bike: Not to many since my bike is new and I am new to riding. I would say Santa Cruz, West Cliff along the coast to Capitola.
    Most fun I've ever had on my bike: could be any day when it is not raining or windy.

Other: I am looking forward to riding with the gals, my first half-century, getting fit and enjoying the club. Becky

Lots of fun ahead for you, Becky....welcome! Looking forward to meeting you too!
    -BikeMomma
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

I'm baaaaaaaaaaackkkkkkkkkkkkkk!! welcome to the board all the new people and anyone else that just wants a Warm Welcome!!!! didn't catch the whole thing about the Coors and didn't want too.....NM is close to CO and we Still don't drink Coors here! (sry CO ppl.....Great state, lousy beer! )

Loved the "empty kitchen" line although did ya feel like decking him?? and a pilot......small, large, private, commercial??

Loved the visual of the Christmas tree going over while practicing the whole clipping/unclipping thing......changes the whole meaning of "presence under the tree" yeah?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Hey! I grew up in Colorado, and we actively boycotted Coors. I don't quite remember why, though... (Still won't drink it.)
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    Loved the "empty kitchen" line although did ya feel like decking him?? and a pilot......small, large, private, commercial??

Loved the visual of the Christmas tree going over while practicing the whole clipping/unclipping thing......changes the whole meaning of "presence under the tree" yeah?
    737 pilot....
    The guy was just joking to get a rise out of me, so I laughed. And it gave me a good screen name! This is my second career; I was an aircraft mechanic before, and you had to have thick skin to work with those guys so it takes a lot to get to me!
    Great to get to "meet" all of you! Great site!

Introducing myself

Real name Teresa

Where do you live? Illinois

Explanation of your handle: Well my name is Teresa and I have a Trek bicycle whick I love Trekn around with.....(hence the name Trekn Teresa)

Explanation of your avatar: avatar??....you mean I could have an avatar?? How do I get one?

Age (general or specific) 46 on March 20, 2006 Yikes!

Favorite bike:

What's in your stable? right now a 2003Trek Navigator 300 Wheat Silver color. But, by mid Februry I should have a 2006 Trek 7.5 FX!

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? don't have a road bike

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I don't have very many pixs of myself - I hate having my pix taken, but may have a few,will have to check on that.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told:

Most memorable moment on my bike: My oldest daughter and I travelled to southern Illinois to the Tunnel Hill State Trail last summer. We stopped at Garden of the Gods and hiked aroud quite a bit and taking pics...well I jumped down off a rock and my sandal came off and my foot came down on a tree root, causing my toe to bleed. Anyway, we finished hiking around. The next morning we got up early and rode 50 miles,we saw several deer that just ran right down the trail out ahead of us... then later on down the trail a big ol turkey came out and ran straight down the trail and then finally took flight. It was awesome. We also saw a few little snakes and those salamander lizard things. We had a great time- but exhausting and my whole foot hurt. It wasn't until we got back to the motel when I took my shoes and socks off and saw the number I did on my foot- the whole top of the toes area was black and blue. anyway it wasn't until 2 or 3 weeks later my foot was still bothering me and still swollen..so went and had an x-ray...yes, I had a broken toe and rode 50 miles!
    (opps sorry so long)
    Last edited by Trekn Teresa; 01-06-2006 at 07:04 AM.

Welcome to the board Teresa! Wait til Mary reads your intro - shes rides a Trek Navigator also - not sure which one. And my winter bike is a Navigator 200 which I'm thinking about turning into a fixed gear! and only 46 - why you're just a baby hun! Welcome to the wonderful world of cycling and hope to hear more from you!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Hello all. Just learned about this site and joined up. Here's my blurb.

Where do you live? Wayland, Mass.

Explanation of your handle: First name and initial. I have no imagination.

Explanation of your avatar: none

Age (general or specific): 50.

Former occupation: Bike Mechanic. 1973-1976 in Florissant, Missouri. Best years of my life.

Favorite bike: Frame is from PerformanceBike around 1980. Sew up rims. Campy Tipo (1974) high phlange hubs. 6 speed freewheel (Regin Oros were the best). SunTour Superbe Pro crankset (now defunct company). Campy Record derailleurs (~1965, got is used). Speedplay pedals.

What's in your stable? My 1974 yellow Maino. We have lots of good miles together so I could never get rid of it.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 99mph. Really. That's what the computer said (well, it was raining at the time).

Another picture of yourself or your ride? not right now

Most memorable moment on my bike: I've done Boston to Martha's Vineyard in a day, but that was a long time ago.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Building wheels is fun. Getting covered with grease is fun. Riding is fun too.

Stupidest thing ever done on a bike: Guess it's a tie between falling asleep in 1978 and breaking my collarbone in 2004.
    Last edited by DebW; 01-08-2006 at 05:43 AM.

Hi Deb;

Welcome to TE. I see you are from Wayland. You should join us all at Naked Fish on the 28th of January. We are going to bid farewell to a much beloved Spazz who is leaving us for the left coast.

karen
    Quitting is NOT an option!
    Know the signs of stroke!! www.stroke.org