Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 40 of 175 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Red face

To disable ads, please log-in.

Where do you live? San Diego, CA

Explanation of your handle: I have a new "hot pink" bike. I look for all things pink when shopping for cycling gear.

Age (general or specific) 40 this year, I have arrived! Jan 12

Favorite bike: The brand new one I'm riding.

What's in your stable? Trek 2200

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 33 on hill repeats with bikerchick68

Quote Originally Posted by PartimeBiker

Where do you live? Tulsa, OK
    Hey PartimeBiker! It's great to finally see another Okie on the board!
    "He's really having to dig deeply into the suitcase of courage" Phil Liggett

Quote Originally Posted by purepink
    I have a new "hot pink" bike. I look for all things pink when shopping for cycling gear.
    Have you seen these: http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=3889

Quote Originally Posted by PartimeBiker

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Lance Armstrong thinks I'm the next Tour de France winner. Really.

Welcome to the board Eme! ROFLMAO......thank you so very much for just making my day!! I gotta use that one some time myself!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by SFBeachdog

Most memorable moment on my bike: being paced by an ostrich.
    so can we ride to Your house for dinner??

and being paced by an ostrich??.......so...did ya win??? LOL

and welcome to the board! Have you see the racing threads?? several women here race and we love to hear about everyones races!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

welcome to the board Pure - I see AG got ya the pink thread. and of Course we're gonna have to see a pix of your bike now. Got several "Pink Ladies" living here and they'll wanna drool over your pink stuff too!

RTP1031 Guest
    You bring the chilis, I'll make the margaritas.

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    so can we ride to Your house for dinner??

and being paced by an ostrich??.......so...did ya win??? LOL

and welcome to the board! Have you see the racing threads?? several women here race and we love to hear about everyones races!

Where do you live? middle Tennessee - in the country

Explanation of your handle: Used to teach spin classes - gym members took to calling me Spinchick

Explanation of your avatar: Just something I thought was classy and bike related

Age (general or specific) 19 for 21 years now

Occupation: mom, organic farmer, horse trainer, spin instructor

Favorite bike: I want a Waterford

What's in your stable? Too many to list - I collect vintage bikes as projects. My road bike is a Univega Modo Vincere

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 38 mph - going down a big hill

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I wish I did!

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I don't tell lies. (That was it!)

Most memorable moment on my bike: Riding my road bike through a pasture, came across a llama who proceeded to chase me. Hit a sand pit and did an endo. Mr. llama stood over me looking a bit confused.

Most fun ever had on a bike? See above.

I'm also new here... Just starting out after doing other sports.

Where do you live? South Florida

Explanation of your handle: I live near (and love) the sea.
    Explanation of your avatar: I haven't uploaded one yet. I'm working on it.

Age (general or specific) 33 3/4

Favorite bike: I'm waiting for my first road bike to be delivered on Monday... I'm sure that that will be it! Until then, I'm on my MTB.

What's in your stable? A cheap and cheerful Diamondback MTB and- believe it or not- an old BSA girl's MTB (I'm a tiny tot, what can I say?).

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I'll let you know, when I find out!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? Don't have any...

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I can't lie- I always burst out laughing, which is probably a good thing, because it keeps me out of a lot of trouble.

Most memorable moment on my bike: Riding through London and Hampstead Heath, trying to outchase a thunderstorm, five years ago. It was on that BSA, which I had just bought.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Everyday that I come home safely.

welcome seagrape!!! Where in SoFla are you? what parks do you ride? what roads are you planning on riding? there are a couple of other SoFla gals here...i have not met them but have exchanged posts...i am soon to be outta here so my riding is minimal with the move and all but we will have to keep an eye out for each other...
    I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.

welcome seagrape!!! Where in SoFla are you? what parks do you ride? what roads are you planning on riding? there are a couple of other SoFla gals here...i have not met them but have exchanged posts...i am soon to be outta here so my riding is minimal with the move and all but we will have to keep an eye out for each other...

Welcome too ms spinchick...that llama story gave me a chuckle!!! I want to ride with the crazy animals tooo!!! The turtles around here just don't cut it (but at least i feel like i am fast )
    I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinchick
    Favorite bike: I want a Waterford

What's in your stable? Too many to list - I collect vintage bikes as projects. My road bike is a Univega Modo Vincere
    Me want a Waterford too.

and right now my road bikes are a 1986 Peugeot Avoraiz and a 1989 Trek 1100. There's something to be said about those old bikes eh??

WElcome to the board!!

WElcome to the board seagrape - so ya'll got a new road bike coming??...and ya didn't tell us what it was?? Shame on you! We'll wanna hear all about your inaugeral ride on that sweet baby!

Thanks Bouncy and Corsair.

Corsair, Wow, cool old bikes you have! My current project is turning my old road bike ('84 Motobecane Super Mirage) into a fixie. Love that bike!

*nods head* yup I've got 2 more bikes waiting for me up in CO that I gotta go get and I'm thinking - depending on what they are - I might convert one of them to a fixie for winter riding.

OH...and you'll Love this one: riding with a friend Sat, her on a custom Rod bike, me on the vintage Trek. Parked bikes for some coffee, guy comes in the shop and asks if those bikes are ours? Says he's not familiar with the Rodriguez to which my friend replies "it's a custom frame". He says "oh - well I was really looking at the Trek........."! ROFLMAO
    Last edited by CorsairMac; 09-16-2005 at 12:36 PM.