Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 22 of 175 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I agree with you re: the TWT wrenches. On more than one occasion they've looked at something on my old (and no longer in my possession) rig and given it another year or so. Finally I took the burden off them and bought a shiny new bike with 21st century technology. I may yet call on them to help resurrect my 1990 Accordo 12 speed for road play (I'd like to tune up for a first-ever century at some point). In fact I once hauled in $20 worth of cookies and gorp a couple days before Xmas for the folks at the Packard Rd. shop, to say thanks.

Give me a head's up and let's have coffee! There's a new "Italian" cafe on E. U. across from Social Work where I hang out. I'm more a tea drinker than a brew hound, but this stuff is good as a treat. Or there's Dominick's, right across the street. In the meantime, maybe we should start an A2 grrrl rider thread.

--Balrog

oh no! what did the new cafe replace?? or did it go in that empty space next to that in-and-out mart? that would be okay then i´ve been away for a semester and my best friend is terrible at keeping me updated on ann arbor comings and goings (ie: "ummm, noodles and company opened. oh yeah, that was last year" )

coffee sounds great! (i´m slightly addicted) I´ll be back in town at the end of august, i´ll PM you

It replaced the Sopranos-themed pizza place, which had replaced Taco Bell. But the coffee really *is* good: brewed while-you-wait. In fact I'm just about on my way there now!

And actually, I'll be in Chicago next weekend Sat-Sun-Mon for a big doo-dah librarian thing. I'll be at the Hilton and probably showing up at the Berghoff at some point. We could meet at Kitty O 'Shea's at the hotel or somewhere equally close, for a non-Chicagoan who might get lost.

My train will be thundering right past the Club "Breakfast Ride" on Saturday morning, sniff. But at least I'll be faster than the Velo Club! Bwahahaha!

Where do you live? Orlando FL

Explanation of your handle: Just my name cause I don't think 1fastchick applies here

Explanation of your avatar: still picking one

Age (general or specific) 24

Favorite bike: Merlin just cause they look sexy

What's in your stable? Trek 1500WSD and a M4 Specialized

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 28.5,:23mph neighbourhood this morning ( i just got the bike)

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: hummmm......

Most memorable moment on my bike:making it through my first day w/out busting my butt trying to get out of my pedals

I'll attach a picture of doing my 1st passion
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nikkileading.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	185  

Hi everyone,

I've sort have been lurking for the past couple weeks...so I finally decided to join some of the fun! I figured the "Getting to know you" thread would be a good place for a first post! So here goes:

Where do you live? North San Diego County (Bonsall to be exact...but that's usually followed by "Where the heck is that?!?").

Explanation of your handle: I raced downhill for years...a girl I used to race with called me that and it just sort of stuck. It's comes in handy as a cool nickname for cycling forums!

Explanation of your avatar: Don't have one yet...

Age (general or specific) 36

Favorite bike: A Haro of course! But I've always loved Moots

What's in your stable? Too many bikes...2 road bikes (1 Masi 3VS and a Masi steel bike I have set up as a flat bar commuter), 4 mountain bikes (a singlespeed, a full-sus XC bike, an aggressive hardtail, and a freeride bike), and BMX bike.

Fastest speed on a road bike? 40 mph

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I think I've got a couple pictures...I'll try posting them when I'm done typing. If you don't see them, then it didn't work...

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Geez, I need to think about that one. Does routinely lying about your age count as one giant lie?

Most memorable moment on my bike: Winning my first big race as an Expert (Sea Otter, 2001). Even though I'm not really racing much anymore, it was such a feeling of accomplishment. The hard work finally paid off!

Most fun ever had on a bike? That's a tough one. Since I love to ride so much, it's hard to pick out a single moment. Bromont Ski Resort in Canada has some really fun trails...so I guess when I rode there with some friends, that would have to rank up there with the "most fun".

Name:	jilldh2.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JillBMX.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	187  

Where do you live?Houston, TX
    Explanation of your handle:it's old. It's my initials
    Explanation of your avatar: no reason
    Age (general or specific) 44
    Favorite bike: my 1st stingray

What's in your stable? Trek 2200 and my new Lexus convertible!
    Fastest speed on a road bike? 45 - downhill somewhere in upstate NY
    Another picture of yourself or your ride? see attachment - me with my son on his first 25 mile ride this spring.
    What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Size does not matter
    Most memorable moment on my bike: meeting my husband
    Most embarrassing moment on my bike: meeting my husband
    Most fun ever had on a bike? meeting my husband
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0982.JPG 
Views:	408 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	188  

Well, a formal welcome to the board, Jan, though we have already dialogued in the forums

And hi to Nycool Nicole, Jill and Sue
    Hope these boards are as interesting and inspiring for you as they are for me

~ Raven ~

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

OK, swlsue, after that, you really do need to tell us the Meeting My Husband story.

I'm all ears (eyes?)
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

off topic for fultzie

Okay, they may kick me off the member list for an inappropriate post, but I just can't resist ...

if you're ever interested in meeting a really nice, AND tall, AND good looking, 20 year old, Chicagoan, cyclist guy at Michigan, let me know. My nephew is on the cycling team (club? whatever) at UM. He'd kill me if he knew I'd posted this, but hey ... what good are we if we can't help our loved ones.

No harm, no foul.

Happy riding!

newbiechick
    aka Shelley

Welcome to the board Nikki, Jill, and Sue!

Nikki: Love the pix!! I have a Harley in my stable along with my "other" bikes but I was looking at crotch rockets - maybe I'll have one joining everything else some day! (ps, thnx for the explanation on your handle - I was reading it as Ny Cool ya know....like New York Cool?? ROFL {which is probably how I"ll always be seeing it)

Jill: Love the MTB pixs....the one with you in jeans, one leg rolled up??...too cute!!!

Sue: your son rode 25 miles??...Good on him, thanks for the pixs!

Hope to hear more from ya'll!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by MomOnBike
    OK, swlsue, after that, you really do need to tell us the Meeting My Husband story.

I'm all ears (eyes?)

Um... so am I... tell us, do....
    If its a secret, just you whisper it, Mom and I won't tell anyone...

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

[QUOTE=CorsairMac]Welcome to the board Nikki, Jill, and Sue!

Nikki: Love the pix!! I have a Harley in my stable along with my "other" bikes but I was looking at crotch rockets - maybe I'll have one joining everything else some day! (ps, thnx for the explanation on your handle - I was reading it as Ny Cool ya know....like New York Cool?? ROFL {which is probably how I"ll always be seeing it)
    QUOTE]

Yea I get that at work all the time so I just use Nikki instead.
    I ride pretty much everything I can get my hands on. I really like the Vrod /drool but it is just way to much $$$$$ I can have my mini cooper or one awesome race bike for that money If you aren't big on the leaning over positioning (although a road bike is a hell of a lot worse on the wrist) you should check out the sport touring marking SV1000 etc great bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nycool
    If you aren't big on the leaning over positioning (although a road bike is a hell of a lot worse on the wrist) you should check out the sport touring marking SV1000 etc great bikes.
    I ride road bikes - ain't nothing gonna lean one over like riding in the drops! LOL...but the one I was looking at was the Ducati Monster. My problem is: I'm short 5'2" tall........once I'm GOing on them I'm fine but standing them up or holding them up at a stoplight can be a slight issue! (can you say tippy tippy toes? LOL).......I sat on a Hyabusa (I KNOW that isn't how it's spelled but ya know the one?.....0-200 in like 60 secs??) and I couldn't even reach the ground with the bike standing on it's kickstand! ROFL The sales reps all thought it was just too cute! (yeah thanks guys!)
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Talking getting to know you!

Where do you live? London, England

Explanation of your handle: I’m plugging my website! (cyclingtosydney.com)

Explanation of your avatar:

Age (general or specific) 23 –April 16th

Occupation: Professional Expedition cyclist! (for the next year)

Favorite bike: A UK manufacturer of long distance tourers –Thorn

What's in your stable? Thorn Raven Tour with Rohloff Hub! (so I can change gears without peddling….)

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I don’t have a odometer but I guess around 35 mph? I used to be very brave on the hills until I fell off!

Another picture of yourself or your ride? See my website.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: I was in Romania with a friend 2 years ago, we met some guys in a bar and thought it would be funny to pretend to be German lesbians. It turned out they were living in the same place as us and we had to keep the lie going for 6 weeks.

Most memorable moment on my bike: In France last year I was riding alone through some villages and there were absolutely no cars at all – It was such a sense of freedom and happiness that I decided to cycle around the world!

Most fun ever had on a bike? Trying to mountain bike on a really old tandem with my ex boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    I ride road bikes - ain't nothing gonna lean one over like riding in the drops! LOL...but the one I was looking at was the Ducati Monster. My problem is: I'm short 5'2" tall........once I'm GOing on them I'm fine but standing them up or holding them up at a stoplight can be a slight issue! (can you say tippy tippy toes? LOL).......I sat on a Hyabusa (I KNOW that isn't how it's spelled but ya know the one?.....0-200 in like 60 secs??) and I couldn't even reach the ground with the bike standing on it's kickstand! ROFL The sales reps all thought it was just too cute! (yeah thanks guys!)
    It is all about the inseam You want to meet some short women who ride come over to www.cycleangels.com (MC stuff)