Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 171 of 175 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2612

To disable ads, please log-in.

Where do you live? Near PCB Florida
    Explanation of your handle: Translation of a favoured name
    Explanation of your avatar: My face
    Age (general or specific): Early 20s
    Favorite bike: I haven't a clue yet!
    What's in your stable? Granite Peak Roadmaster
    Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? No idea...
    Another picture of yourself or your ride? No real pics
    What is the biggest lie you've ever told: One told for personal safety in face of danger.
    Most memorable moment on my bike: Smashing into a mailbox and rolling through loose gravel... So many scars in my elbows and knees from that!
    Most fun ever had on a bike? Trailblazing through heavy-canopied forestry during a summer rain and splashing in the puddles.

Quote Originally Posted by dottigirl View Post
    Where do you live? SW London, UK (yeah, an interloper)
    Welcome, dottigirl! Please don't feel that you're an interloper. The majority of us may be from the US, but we are an international group.
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Thumbs up

Where do you live? Longmont, Colorado (moved from Florida, spent last year in Oregon, but I think now I'm here in CO to stay)
    Explanation of your handle: I love frogs. When I got my first-ever email address, this is what it was, and I had to add the zero to get it.
    Explanation of your avatar: I drew a frog on my bike! I don't generally draw very well, so I'm especially proud of her.
    Age (general or specific): 27
    Favorite bike: Mine
    What's in your stable? "Zoomie" is a Schwinn Women's Gateway City bike (also known as Wayfarer on Schwinnbikes.com or in Kmart, or Admiral in Walmart).
    I also have a freebie green Huffy mountain bike as a spare named "Chainless II".

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? No clue. A police officer once radar-gunned me doing 7mph into the wind, though.
    Another picture of yourself or your ride? Certainly. See my photobucket page HERE
    What is the biggest lie you've ever told: ?
    Most memorable moment on my bike: Right now, it was last winter and I fell on the slippery road during a slight uphill turn. I distinctly remember letting out a very funny "Ooooh!" as I fell in slow-motion.
    Most fun ever had on a bike? Hmm. When I spend a whole day going places by bike doing errands or other fun things.

Where do you live? Cleveland, Ohio
    Explanation of your handle: I used to draw a webcomic titled Rustyshrapnel in college and the handle stuck.
    Explanation of your avatar: The environment and bikes, two of my favorite things!
    Age (general or specific): 31
    Occupation: Environmental Scientist; I work for a non-profit specializing in stream quality and habitat improvements.
    Favorite bike: I cannot play favorites, I love all mine in a ridiculous sloppy way.
    What's in your stable? 2012 Civia Twin City, 1999 Schwinn Frontier, 1984 Nishiki Century mixte, 1974 Peugeot UO-18
    Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Speed demon I am not. I think I can break 18mph on my Nishiki but I've never tried to clock anything.
    Another picture of yourself or your ride? https://www.dropbox.com/s/76kbo4kcod...ysupergirl.jpg I think that may work; it's me dressed as my alter-ego, Bike Safety Supergirl, for a parade ride that my bike advocacy group www.bikecleveland.org participated in.
    What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "That dress doesn't make your butt look big."
    Most memorable moment on my bike: riding around Cleveland with 740 other cyclists for our August Critical Mass, the biggest group ride yet recorded for our city.
    Most fun ever had on a bike? That would have to be the rides I do with my Taco Tuesday Coalition of Cleveland crew. Our mission: every Tuesday, find a place that has a great Taco Tuesday special. Ride to said location. Eat tacos. We're being sponsored by some of our regular taco joints next year in the Pedal to the Point charity ride for MS as Team Taco.

Welcome, everybody.

Treefrog, I love your video of the dogs. Everybody check out http://s303.beta.photobucket.com/use...tml?sort=3&o=0

So cute!
    Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on the road ~ Motobecane Mixte
    N+1 new bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Commuter ~ Soma Buena Vista Mixte

http://madeinusareviews.blogspot.com/

Where do you live? Macomb, MI
    Explanation of your handle: First "real" bike I ever owned was a Trek, from late 80's as a Christmas gift f/parents. Best gift ever!!!!
    Explanation of your avatar: I LOVE frogs, I have one tattoed on my lower back
    Age (general or specific): 41
    Favorite bike: I love them all in their own unique way but love road bikes--they are just "sexy" IMO
    What's in your stable? see signature
    Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 25mph on the Zoo de Mac

Most memorable moment on my bike: so far--the Zoo De Mac ride first time DH and i did it. It was amazing to see bikes/riders as far as eye could see on the road. Someday i will do that in Iowa (RAGBRAI- is on the bucket list)
    Most fun ever had on a bike? each time I ride is my most fun--- I have been told I have a silly grin oin my face when i ride, it makes me smile
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C
    2016 Specialized Hellga-Fat Bike

Where do you live? Lisbon, Portugal
    Explanation of your handle: Trying something easy to remember
    Explanation of your avatar: My face
    Age (general or specific): 46
    Occupation: Teacher of physics and chemistry for young learners
    Favorite bike: My bike
    What's in your stable? Ruby, Specialized
    Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I don't ride very fast
    Another picture of yourself or your ride? Certainly. See the media album of Randonneurs Portugal, I was the first woman finishing a brevet in last February.
    What is the biggest lie you've ever told: It's easy to climb that mountain, we made it to the top in a few minutes.
    Most memorable moment on my bike: Climbing a never ending mountain wearing unproper equipment for cold weather, under a stormy conditions, with a broken cellular and not feeling hands and feet. When I get to a village I was so miserable that I feared people could treat me like a vagabound. That was a 300kms brevet and a I DNF at 177kms.
    Most fun ever had on a bike? I allways have fun on my bike

Where do you live? Toronto, Ontario, Canada, eh!

Explanation of your handle: my name

Explanation of your avatar: Working with Kristin Armstrong in the wind tunnel in January 2009.

Age (general or specific) 48

Favorite bike: The Cervélo we're about to release!

What's in your stable? Several Cervélo road & TT bikes, a city bike and a tandem Jane and I want to start riding again.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 60+ mph, Willows Road Race, San Diego, about 1988 or so?

Another picture of yourself or your ride? not yet

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: Don't worry Mom, I can put it back together!

Most memorable moment on my bike: Winning the 2008 Wisconsin master's criterium championship by accident.

Most fun ever had on a bike? Riding around the neighbourhood on my BMX bike as a kid.

Where do you live? Co springs, Colorado
    Explanation of your handle: love climbing mountains, by bike, by foot...
    Explanation of your avatar: whoops, don't have one yet!
    Age (general or specific): 22
    Favorite bike: the one I don't have yet! (Salsa El Mariachi...soon to come (hopefully))
    What's in your stable? Trek Fuel EX 8 mountain bike, Trek Madone 7 road bike, Cannondale Optimo 3 CX bike, Lemond Steel commuter
    Fastest speed on a road bike? 45+ mph...we've got some steep descents around here!
    What is the biggest lie you've ever told: probably every time I tell my parents I won't buy another bike!
    Most memorable moment on my bike: first "real" mountain bike ride...scared sh*tless, cried most of the time, but loved it so much after, I never looked back!

Welcome, everybody to TE.
    Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on the road ~ Motobecane Mixte
    N+1 new bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Commuter ~ Soma Buena Vista Mixte

http://madeinusareviews.blogspot.com/

Where do you live? Southern California

Age (general or specific) twenty’s

Favorite bike: My Seven

What's in your stable? Seven/Waterford

Another picture of yourself or your ride?

Most memorable moment on my bike: Lot’s of good memories….a hard day of climbing in the Santa Monica Mountains, riding in the beautiful Santa Ynez valley, the other worldly views riding in Joshua Tree National Park and riding in Big Sur and discovering Pfeiffer Beach to name a few.

Hi girls
    I've changed my bike frame Ruby Specialized for a Ventus, Van Nicholas. I'm very happy! My "Nikita" has a Titanic fidelity and we did toghether 3 brevet Randonneurs this year 200kms, 300kms and 400kms (that was last 25th May and sure a hard day)

Some one can tell me how can I put some photos of mine in this forum.
    You're invited to visit our site Randonneurs Portugal on facebook.

Big hugs
    Ride safe and have fun

Greetings all! I just started back riding bikes 2 weeks ago and have already upgraded. I am 56 retired RN who needed something to do to keep the weight from coming on by not working. I have lots of metal in my right ankle and my Ortho doc told me biking was a good rehab. I started on a box store Schwinn cruiser. After riding it 10 miles on one ride and feeling like I had been beat up I went to my LBS today. I came home with a Fuji Crosstown 2.1. I am in love with it. It is different from the cruiser but I feel like I am getting more of a work out from it. The seat is comfy. I just have to figure out how to change these gears. I have never has a bike with so many gears and on both sides of the handle bar. Any tips would be appreciated. I ride for stress release and have several bike trails I frequent.

Where do you live? Orlando (area), FL

Explanation of your handle: I take tons of photos-of everyone and everything else, just not myself. I was named Paparazzi after my group of girls and I went camping (most of which have never even stepped on a sidewalk much less a wooded area out in the middle of absolutely no-where) and we were sitting around the campfire telling stories when all of a sudden we hear "CRACK, crack crackle" and one of the girls, in very slow motion, starts falling sideways. Her chair broke. Well while everyone was jumping up to help out- I jumped up, grab the camera and started snapping photos! It's priceless, they dubbed me "Paparazzi" and we talk about it all the time, and the photos never go away. I love my girly get togethers.

Explanation of your avatar: I love the coast/beaches. I'm a beach bum by birth.

Age (general or specific) 42

Favorite bike: IDK. I'm pretty happy on my new Trek Cali but I'm pretty happy on the beach cruiser too! Different reasons, different rides.

What's in your stable? '13 Trek Cali S (newest), my husband's Trek (new), a Next 10spd (?) and 2 box store beach cruisers.

Fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? HAHA...I'll work on this and update later-you don't want to know right now.

Another picture of yourself or your ride? I take the pictures rarely ever in them...but maybe I'll work on that too.

What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "No mom, I didn't DO THAT!"

Most memorable moment on my bike: Working on this too...

Most fun ever had on a bike? Maybe I should stop working on this "getting to know you" and do it much later; like when I have real stories to tell...? LOL
    Last edited by paparazzi; 07-12-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccaC View Post
    Where do you live? Southern California

Age (general or specific) twenty’s

Favorite bike: My Seven

What's in your stable? Seven/Waterford

Another picture of yourself or your ride?

Most memorable moment on my bike: Lot’s of good memories….a hard day of climbing in the Santa Monica Mountains, riding in the beautiful Santa Ynez valley, the other worldly views riding in Joshua Tree National Park and riding in Big Sur and discovering Pfeiffer Beach to name a few.
    Oh my gosh, the photo is beautiful! And, I used to live in Monterey, visited Carmel, Joshua Tree NP, Big Sur so often. Surfed the area too. Of all the many, many places I've lived, Monterey area is the one I'd return too. (Well I say that now but haven't been there '93, maybe I'd feel differently?? I loved it so much!)